Are one of those DNA tests really worth it?

Are one of those DNA tests really worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldfamilies.net/surnames
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, especially ancestry with it's genetic communities feature
especially if your american and don't know your ancestry

They're not all the same. One of the more expensive obscure ones that gives me full maternal and paternal haplogroups is supposed to be the best, I forget the name. 23andme is supposed to be pretty lackluster I think.

What do you want to know about your DNA?

They are pretty cool but are often filled with noise. Don't pay any attention to the 2% Japanese.

Where I came from

Are they useful if you already know your heritage? I don't want to get one expecting there might be something about my heritage that I'm unaware of but then the tests reveal only what I already know.

yes so now you can be like those americans that are like "bruuhhh im totally irish like my great great great great great great great great great great great grandpa was irish lmao"

No, they're a literal datamining operation.

>giving Schlomo your DNA he could use share with the feds and even PAYING FOR IT like a retard just so you could boast about your 1488% Bavarian ancestry in front of imageboard autists
If I was a jew I was laughing at all these good goyim falling for this crap.

More like their great grandparents, maybe great^3 grandparents, were Irish, with some admixture from other immigrants along the line. If they can trace back their relatives last names to Ireland, then why wouldn't they be able to claim Irish ancestry? Why would it even matter, anyway?

goddamn jews

what would the jews/law enforcement benefit from knowing my ancestry?

It's literally mentioned in the image. DNA is the most private and unique data any person in the world has and you're willing to share it with some shoddy leftist kikes? I mean people are getting paranoid that NSA can see what they masturbate to, but they aren't scared of this?

I have brown nipples but blonde hair redish facial hair and blue eyes. What happened to me?

>do a DNA test
>11 generations ago I had a Jewish ancestor
Some things are better left unknown

what will the feds do with my dna data? I already had my fingerprints scanned when I applied for an american visa

>tfw no jewish ancestry that I'm aware of
Feels bad, man.

Oh please, they already got your data when you got vaccinated.

They also go through your trash to collect your cumsocks.

If you're a retard, I guess.

>shoddy leftist kikes

When you're casually bringing up politics like this you just come out as a parroting simpleton who spends too much time on the internet

Geeeeee, I wonder what will happen when this data sold to big pharma, health-don't-care cartels etc.

Depends on what you're looking for. Avoid the health tests, since you'll get your raw data regardless and can run it through promethease.com for like $5 and get the same results.

FamilyTreeDNA, worth doing if your family is included in a surname project. worldfamilies.net/surnames

A $99 spit test that only samples ~5% of the SNPs in your total genome isn't very effective way to data mine DNA.

if you're American no (even though it's probably only for Americans since they mostly don't know their heritage)

Care to elaborate?

Gloriously pure. How can you compete?

Doesn't ancestry.com retain rights to your DNA? Fuck that

Same thing that happened to a lot of the world. Mongol rape baby.

Haha pleb, I'm 100% European 99% Northrn European and l2 haplogroup.

You can survive without it. If thats what you mean.

Its pretty far from things like owning a computer, paying for phone bills, buying food.

Its more into the realms of buying a concert ticket to a show that you never really cared about.

my mother took this test. we're fairly certain that her great grand mother was indian, probably blackfoot, yet it didn't show up on the results.

>1/2048 Jewish
Oy vey

>Its more into the realms of buying a concert ticket to a show that you never really cared about.
For the curiosity aspect maybe, the health information is actually useful.

>Don't pay any attention to the 2% Japanese.
>Implying i wuz not samurais n shiet

C H I N K
H
I
N
K

t. Amerimutt

Was 23andme worth $99? I've had it in my amazon cart for a while but I haven't decided yet if it's worth buying.

How detailed is it for asia?
I'm interested in knowing my families ethnic backgrounds in southern china mainly.

Like various agencies couldnt mine DNA from all the blood draws and sputum cultures that doctors offices send away. You paranoid people really make me laugh, you are so on the grid and you are only being more obvious by trying to stay off it.

>jews
>leftist
Don't make me laugh user.

oh every fucking person's grandmother had a Blackfoot, Cherokee, etc in their family

"I'm going to let you pay me to give me your genetic information that I certainly will allow people to have access to it if they want it."

Nope

No, it's better and more fun to discover your family tree instead of those tests. In most western European countries there are a lot of archives you could use for that.

>mfw it's now become a running gag in my family to tease our racist elders with the fact that there is a small amount of West African (2-4%) in our genetic ancestry
Feels good man

Give me one good reason to discover your detailed DNA beyond novelty

All I can imagine is some yank discovering he's 1/6th Irish

Free government dollars if you're Native American

23&me is a fucking disgrace and it doesn't make any kind of sense in the groupings shown, to the point where I wonder whether it just throws your sample away.
Others might be better, but I have no experience of them.

this

Get cucked

Seriously though what are you scared of? You get some markers with specific genotypes that you have, but it literally doesn't say shit about which genes are actually enhanced or silenced.