British documentary

British documentary
>Here, in the steel citadel of Berlin, Hitler's charisma was higher than any law.
>3 minutes of very clean and uninterrupted footage of Hitler yelling in German

American documentary
>Sinister trombone playing in the background
>HOW COULD SUCH AN INSANE SOCIOPATH EVER HAVE RISEN TO POWER?
>Rapid jump cuts of Hitler and an awestruck German crowd
>WITH HIS BIZARRE MUSTACHE AND OBSESSION WITH "GERMANY FOR GERMANS," HE MUST HAVE SEEMED LIKE A MASTER CIRCUS PERFORMER.
>More flashy jump cuts
>BUT THIS LITTLE MAN WOULD BRING UPON THE GERMAN NATION A DISASTER IT COULD NEVER HAVE CONCEIVED OF. THE FURY OF THE FUHRER WAS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED.
>More flashy jump cuts
>Hitler face zoom-in, colors become photonegative
>Strange rattlesnake and screeching metal noises are dubbed in
>Slow mo replay of Hitler waving from a car
>FROM FAILED ARTIST TO FAILED MAN
>HOW DID HITLER
>BECOME
>THE MOST EVIL MAN IN HISTORY?
>Starwipe to next clip

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QJ0DRhRhAtY
youtube.com/watch?v=ezBSURCMe-o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zRlfbUr852o
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdAeXDlnQ4&t=26m35s
youtube.com/watch?v=P_ArVu88bpM
youtu.be/TdBSwhms7O4
youtube.com/watch?v=bn-7UtKNuwE
youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo
youtube.com/watch?v=hxKOoBQZK4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=F-Uin3mj4mk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Monsters
youtube.com/watch?v=8N8A-92x-Qo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they show this in middle/high school history classes for sure. I hate being american sometimes

American documentaries crack me up at the shit the narrator says at times.
Whilst on the topic of documentaries, where can i find some good ones that explain some good shit? Mostly Ancient to medievil period, no overhyped american intro, and no slow as fuck explanation on the basics that bore me before we get to the good stuff, where all the good docs at?

American documentaries are shit in general. They dramatize everything with shit music, camera effects like camera angles, color manipulation, and stupid sound effects with a narrator that sounds like he's on coke.

Everything in American documentary is true, though.

Documentaries in general aren't very good. Just use audio-books as a substitute.

Post burgercore documentaries.
youtube.com/watch?v=QJ0DRhRhAtY

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a pasta mocking that stereotype some day

How do you know every Americlap documentary isn't a parody and you're just too much of a dumb burger to catch on?

>LMAO LE SOFISTICATED YUROPEANS AND DUMB MERICANS
Daily reminder this is a BBC Documentary on WWI
>youtube.com/watch?v=ezBSURCMe-o
>Daft Punk and CHVRCHES in a WWI Docco.

The west truly has fallen

>anglos are retarded
wow whats new

British documentary
>But what none of the politicians would realize is that within this dark and distrustful vision laid the seeds of a new and revolutionary system of social control
>3 minutes of black-and-white archive footage set to a Burial song

The British one sounds boring.

In America we understand entertainment. Sometimes they even splice in clips from the Wolfenstein video games to portray how the war was.

>he typed in Anglish

Do you even know what a jump cut really is? Might want to look that one up.

Civilisation by Ken Clarke, I believe it's all on YT

>3 minutes of black-and-white archive footage set to a Burial song
sounds pretty decent tbqh

On a serious note though, try World at War. English documentary from 1970s, covers most events from 1930-46 on subject of ww2. Though i would prefer they mention soviets in more than 2-3 episodes, and also more about Spanish civil war(of 1936 or something, correct me if im mistaken).

Evil?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zRlfbUr852o

Why? Because he actually believed women should raise their own kids and not drop them off at some DON'T CARE to go out and compete with men for paid work?

Even with a cold, his beliefs made more sense than those of today's beta dads, who are fine with their kids getting 20 of them by age 1 if it "strengthens their immune systems."

>That fucking 80's synth song for the Little Willie
Why?

Rewatching World at war now. To be honest i expected they will shit on soviets since cold war and all of that but they really did a good job. Also there is a BBC documentary from roughly the same period called Spanish civil war and its awesome (some of the people interviewed are Ramon Serrano Suner, Primo de Riveras sister and general Lister. Another BBC documentary i would recommend is called Provos, Brits and Loyalists about the Troubles.

you seem like an idiot

>fine with their kids getting 20 of them by age 1 if it "strengthens their immune systems."
What the fuck are you talking about?

This isn't limited to historical documentaries, here's a documentary on a tiny little carnivore, the least weasel:
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZdAeXDlnQ4&t=26m35s

>Transylvania being full of darkness and apparently inhabited by werewolves howling at the moon
"The least weasel has a problem: he simply can't stop killing. His predator programming has NO off swich..."

This meme started because of nature docos like Monster Bug Wars
youtube.com/watch?v=P_ArVu88bpM

>that fucking roar at 31:31
What I learned from this documentary is that the least weasel plays too many videogames

British documentary
>The Imperial Japanese Army often practiced unbridled cruelty on captured enemies, subjugating them to beatings, torture and starvation
>Original footage is played of IJA beating a POW to demonstrate

American
>YOU MAY HAVE HEARD GRANDPAS OLD WAR STORIES ABOUT THE JAPS
>A bunch of images of IJA executing people are quickly flashed
>YOU MIGHT THINK GRAMPS IS EXAGGERATING AND NO ONE COULD BE THAT CRUEL
>More images of executions and a few of Unit 731 are flashed
>WELL THE JAPANESE LIVE UP TO THE LEGEND
>SEE THE JAPANESE BELIEVED IN HONOR BEFORE DEFEAT AND IT WAS SHAMEFUL TO SURRENDER
>Made up footage is played of a Chinese actor running at an American with a katana
>SO IT'S NO WONDER THEY TREATED OUR BOYS LIKE THAT
>THE JAPS WOULD LATER REGRET IT WHEN HIROSHIMA IS TURNED TO DUST NEXT

no you get the fuck out this is nazi space

Damn, "engineering an empire" was one of my favourite childhood programs. Only when I grew up I saw how dumb it is

American ww2 documentaries however take the first place
youtu.be/TdBSwhms7O4

>dan snow
Don't bother

>oh yeah, there was some French tank called the FT-17
>the Whippet was faster though so who cares, let's talk some more about British tanks
triggered

He went to the Lindybeige school

Ken Burns' The Civil War is great though.

>All that rapid editing and shaky cam

WTF

>whole thing literally starts off with a dramatic appeal to emotion
Yeah, no thanks.

You fucking wish, Fritz.

Hitler was not so much an evil man as he was a switch upon on an evil land.

what the fuck who edited this why would they do this?

True, my fucking AP European history "teacher" made us watch some shitty History Channel Hitler doc. Dumb Bitch
Would still fuck her though

Sounds great my dude.

Shit, I hate both American producers and American audiences, but which should I hate more?

Tbh they did this series to be HIP AND COOL during the great wars anniversary to try get the kids involved, most British docs aren't this bad

Haha so true it hurts.

T. Someone who remembers when the history channel was good.

I think we can all agree that the french tanks are completely unworthy of any mention.

We invented the ruddy crates, damned if I care how the garlic chewer also ran.

Tristan?

As an American I do not share these tales of lazy teaching.

These fucktards who think it's fine to send their kids to DONT CARE, which is the most germ infested place on the planet!

>BRAND NEW DOCUMENTS REVEALING MORE OF THE REAL AMAZING STORY OF BIG FOOT
>IS IT TRUE
>COULD THIS MAJESTIC BEAST STILL ROAM THE FORESTS OF NORTH AMERICA
>THE MYSTERY REVEALED AFTER CENTURIES OF PEOPLE SEARCHING FOR THIS ENIGMA
>one hour later
>nope

whats wrong with this? its cool af

But most DON'T CARES are kindergartens, which are literally a fucking German thing which have been around since the 18th century

It's amazing how ok material can get fucking murdered in the editing room

That's actually an interesting idea for a program, but if it's anything like the intro it's gonan be fucking terrible matrix wee woo effects for an hour and a half.

it's 1 and a half hours of matrix wee woop sounds effects put over a standard world war 2 documentary.
fuuuuuuuuuuck that

I wish this was real

I don't know why Americans believe Brits are some sort of sophisticated and refined culture, when their culture is the most low class shit you can imagine and this includes BBC which is half cuckold propaganda and half America-tier memery.

Adam Curtis?

A classic
youtube.com/watch?v=bn-7UtKNuwE

I sort of miss how fucking stupid this show was

Jesus fucking christ what the hell happened to the BBC

They made the greatest WW1 docu series in the 60s and now this

Hitler would never have approved of children under 5 going to school because he knew how horrible it was for a baby to get a cold. (Most of his siblings died as babies from dysentery and pneumonia, both of which he had multiple times throughout his life but survived.)

Japanese katana vs European longsword:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDkoj932YFo

Well he didn't draft any legislation to prevent it did he?

I saw it for what it really was: an show purely driven by what-if entertainment. After I got over my historical autism because I realized they weren't actually trying to be historically accurate, I enjoyed the show a lot more. Watching idiots brutalize ballistic gel dummies with cool weapons is fun and the reenactments aren't bad, they just err on the side of cheesiness

I always thought the episode with the stun grenade was funny
>wtf it didn't kill anyone! 0/10
>FUCK YEAH TASER SHOCKWAVE WOOOOOOOO

>ywn again be 13 and have an hour long argument with a weeb friend over the result of ninja vs. spartan, starting in the back of his mom's minivan and ending at a shitty Chinese buffet

my favorite was either that navy seals guy fucking up the dummy with a knife or the shaolin monk guy fucking up the dummy with stabby spinners

>they're both screaming like maniacs while they're doing it
>cut to shots of the show hosts shouting and looking like they're aroused
>doctor motherfucking dorian walks over and talks about how dead that dummy would be if he were alive in detail

lol wtf somehow worse than knight vs pirate

youtube.com/watch?v=hxKOoBQZK4Q

Holy fuckin' Kek

This reminds me a little bit of the cutscenes from CoD: World at War. If they made a documentary like they did those cutscenes, I would fucking love it

youtube.com/watch?v=F-Uin3mj4mk
>the dramatic music and ominous setup for the first Berlin level

>Puts finger through hole in its heart
>Yeah he's dead
Outstanding science

This is what skitzos believe m8

>that black army guy with the knife smaller than a k-bar
>"ain't the size, it's how you use it"
>completely chimps out on the dummy

American history documentaries are simply history retold as pro wrestling events.

I remember on episode where billy the kid was up against some other guy, and the opponent was insistant that a pistol whip was dumb, and he just started ranting about how a pistol whip won't even faze the average person. I think he was instead advocating knuckle dusters or something.

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

I think that was the Al Capone one

>jump cut
Why do people not know what this actually means? Jump cuts are when you edit video/film poorly to have the same subject before and after a transition that reveals that it's not a continuous take.

New Republic documentary
>Here, in the steel citadel of the Empire, Palpatine's charisma was higher than any law.
>3 minutes of very clean and uninterrupted footage of Palpatine yelling in Basic

Jedi documentary
>Rapid jump cuts of Palpatine and an awestruck Imperial crowd
>WITH HIS BIZARRE ROBE AND OBSESSION WITH "EMPIRE FOR IMPERIALS," HE MUST HAVE SEEMED LIKE A MASTER CIRCUS PERFORMER.
>More flashy jump cuts
>BUT THIS OLD MAN WOULD BRING UPON THE GALACTIC NATION A DISASTER IT COULD NEVER HAVE CONCEIVED OF. THE FURY OF THE EMPEROR WAS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED.
>More flashy jump cuts
>Palpatine face zoom-in, colors become photonegative
>Slow mo replay of Palpatine waving from a podium
>FROM FAILED POLITICIAN TO FAILED SITH
>HOW DID PALPATINE
>BECOME
>THE MOST EVIL MAN IN THE GALAXY?
>Starwipe to next clip

>stealing memes from /an/
Damn, we've hit a new low.

>/an/
This pasta has been circling around /int/ for ages

>>Hitler face zoom-in, colors become photonegative

lmao

>is bigfoot real?
>did templars settle in australia?
>the incas knew about space travel?
>where did these skeletons come from?
>who were the water people?

>today we will awnser these questions
>one hour of explaining the theory, interviews with natives, pictutes of stuff
>conclusion is they dont fucking know and nobody ever will

Are there any documentaries where they actually discover some evidence that makes a huge breakthrough and answers the initial question?

This is a top shelf /tv/-/an/ meme. Please post more.

No, don't be fucking silly, they need the suspension for as much views as possible. Just look at these episodes:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Monsters

Why do that when one of your "experts" is a fat red headed child with a yuge imagination?
youtube.com/watch?v=8N8A-92x-Qo

>watching nazi documentary
>they're going over Speer's architectural plans and nazi aesthetics
>suddenly screen cuts to Hitler's face with a very loud screeching sound playing as it zooms in on his face
>"More than 6 million Jews were killed under Nazi rule"
I accept that but why bring it up out of nowhere when you were talking about architecture? Why play that horrifying an incredibly loud alarm sound after speaking calmly?

That's probably why so many posters on this site are so historically illiterate.

What the fuck is this?

>That episode where they test Michael Collins grandson who has never ever served in the IRA or military against a fucking Spetsnaz guy in an accuracy test
>to decide whether this makes the gun better or worse

If some German happens to arrive and state that the cause of their invasion of Poland was the "indiscriminate killings of the German minority", he should be aware of the fact that the Polish are many things, but they're not genocidal, that's your trait. The immediate reason was that the German Reich was running out of hard currencies and had serious problems with liquidity. Hitler needed either to drastically cut spending and introduce austerity measures or find some territory to plunder and pay for his insane economic policy. Obviously, he chose the latter, in large part because he was too scared to admit that his policies were a failure. Gdansk was just a pretext and everyone knew that at the time. This is also the reason why Poland refused to back down. In reality Poland offered Gdansk to Germany already in 1920’s in exchange for the Germans fucking off forever. Poland simply wanted to delay the handover until late 1940’s when the Polish seaport at Gdynia was to be complete.
On the exact number of Germans killed in Poland in 1939 and the assessment of additional data:

The "Posener Zentralstelle fuer die Graber ermordeter Volksdeutscher" (Center of Murdered Ethnic-Germans Burial) has noted about 5500 ethnic-German Poles fallen and missing in September 1939 in whole Poland, for all reasons (including 1047 soldiers of Polish Army of German origin who had died during the fights, and 880 German "partisans", both parties being saboteurs.(1/2).

German Sonderbericht Bromberg (Special Court Bydgoszcz/Bromberg) documents, preserved in Bydgoszcz State Archive, from trials of Polish officers accused and judged for numerous executions of Germans in early September 1939. Very interesting materials, showing that German court in 1939-42 period accepted that there was real German diversion and 5th column active in Bydgoszcz/Bromberg and accepted executions of German saboteurs(including civilians and the Polish soldiers of German origin) as lawful actions of Polish military forces. Wieslaw Jakubowski, commander of 6th company 59 Infantry Regt, judged for ordering shooting at German civilians, throwing grenades to German houses and execution of ethnic German Otto Rodewald. Jakubowski was accused by one of the Volksedeutche serving in his unit, Erwin Heilmann, who stated that the Polish unit was shot from gardens and houses and Jakubowski ordered to return fire. Two Polish soldiers have died and several were wounded. Heilmann also stated, that he had seen that Polish soldier has murdered German woman, and that the Polish soldiers were throwing grenades to the German houses, but asked by court how he determined that the women and the houses were German, he withdrew his testimony, and accused Jakubowski for executing German civilian, Otto Rodewald. Court found Jakubowski unguilty, stating that execution of Rodewald was justified.
Even your own military knew that the killings of Germans prior to the German invasion of Poland were justified, so drop it.”(2/2).

50 years into the future
>Rapid jump cuts of Trump and an awestruck American crowd
>WITH HIS BIZARRE HAIR AND OBSESSION WITH "AMERICA FOR AMERICANS," HE MUST HAVE SEEMED LIKE A MASTER CIRCUS PERFORMER.
>More flashy jump cuts
>BUT THIS LITTLE MAN WOULD BRING UPON THE UNITED STATES A DISASTER IT COULD NEVER HAVE CONCEIVED OF. THE FURY OF THE PRESIDENT WAS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED.
>More flashy jump cuts
>Trump face zoom-in, colors become photonegative
>Slow mo replay of Trump waving from a car
>FROM FAILED RICH GUY TO FAILED MAN
>HOW DID TRUMP
>BECOME
>THE MOST EVIL MAN IN HISTORY?
>Starwipe to next clip

I want to see hitler vs stalin :DDDDDD

>OP makes fun of burger documentaries
>Out of nowhere anrgy Pshek starts bleeding from his arsehole

..What?

Future comedy central is actually funny!

>WW2 but from SPACE
>Starts at 1941

fucking Americans I swear to god

I'm surprised they didn't do that considering there was actually an episode that was the IRA vs the Taliban

But Michael Collins didn't have any children.

>I just... got up and walked to the door, and I saw "it"
Fucking anime

But then everything changed since 9/11