Uniforms

Can we have a uniform appreciation thread?
post uniforms you like
talk about uniforms you like
an fun facts and trivia welcome!

I personally really love the Polish Uhlans in Austrian and French armies

I have loved British paratrooper uniforms since I saw A bridge too far as a child. I don't know, maybe it's the helmet but those just look really nice to me.

Warsaw pact looks aesthetic af

Desert Storm is also comfy

Why do the bad guys always have such great uniforms?

Gotta love classic M81.

what's with the lack of napoleonic uniforms?

Generally over-rated. The tall shako hat is pretty dumb looking.

>dumb looking
4 u

ngl i'm not a fan of those helmets, don't know why

I think that's all I have, I'd be interested in more Napoleonic and Victorian uniforms

>Let the legend come back to life!

i like this one, what are those armours?

what's the guy in the back with a shovel? so strange

>Some of the chasseurs were reckless bravados - in 1809 an officer of 20th Chasseurs dismounted so that he could go a little toward the enemy in order to relieve nature. When he was standing with his legs apart and facing the Austrians, a cannonball hit him killing on the spot.

>Sergeant Anton of the 42nd Highland recorded the attack of the lancers: "Marshal Ney ... observed our wild unguarded zeal, and ordered a regiment of lancers to bear down upon us. We saw their approach at a distance, as they issued from a wood, and took them for Brunswickers coming to cut up the flying [French] infantry ... a German [KGL] orderly dragoon galloped up, exclaiming 'Franchee ! Franchee !' and, wheeling about, galloped off. We instantly formed a rallying square; no time for particularity: every man's musket was loaded, and our enemies approached at full charge; the feet of their horses seemed to tear up the ground. ... our brave Colonel [Sir Robert Macara] fell at this time, pierced through the chin until the point reached his brain. Captain Menzies fell covered with wounds. ... The grenadiers [of 42nd Highland], whom he commanded, pressed round to save or avenge him, but fell beneath the enemies lances." The official report of the Hanoverian brigade described the action that soon followed: "... Verden Battalion was not able to fall back quickly enough and was largely ridden down or taken prisoner."

Pretty good movie desu

based

Engineer most likely

I think they're the suits the engineers used when at work building the mines and putting the pagans in to explode the enemy walls

that kind of protection really looks good with the uniforms i love it

same here, I thought it was pretty interesting so I saved it

Dumping 18th-19th century
May dump Roman, Hellenic and Carthage afterward.

Iraqi Christians if I remember correctly.

I never understood the appeal of Zouave outfits or their uniforms.

When I first saw them I didn't get it either but now days it makes me hard af and I'm not sure why maybe it's that mix of European and MENA aesthetics.

Now Dumping Carthage and allies

>2979747

Early Etruscans

Phoenicians possibly burning babies

and that's me done for now might dump more later on.

>implying

mhm

Thats an Albanian warrior actually, i fucking hate Albanians but thats not Serbian, its painted by a Serb but its not a Serbian warrior.

Roman Cibinarii

Varangian

make way for most /fa cavalry

ew

i agree with this i don't think there is a more effay cav than hussars

It was ok, but couldn't stand the ending
>mix up wars and pretend it's such a bad thing to be sent to WWI eastern front (as a German)
>It's about Germans? Well we have to throw in some anti-semitism

>dragoons
>poor mens cavarly who get demolished by hussars in every encounter
>not even fa

My nigga

>modern uniforms

Finnish uniforms are a pretty good combo of German and Finnish design

FLEK