Start up faggot

Hello Veeky Forumszy people. I'm starting up my own "studio" after being fed up by being a faceless nobody software developer at several gaming- and software developing companies.

I've got some great ideas for games, programs and random inventions and I'm starting my own firm in the Netherlands.

The thing is, I now fuck all about businesses and I'm going in this with €200k, some great ideas, solid logic and leadership, and a hand full of balls.

My best mates parents' have a company that do the admin for you and I already have the developers I need. I do NOT want a large company, I want like 10 employees at most so we can focus on the gaming only. Fuck the money, I want quality over billions. Though I'd like to net a couple of million a year eventually.

First time visiting this board so feel free to be Veeky Forums like, but for the ones willing to share some info's, you're very welcome.

I'll be using the Unreal Engine and bought assets at first thus cutting down dev time and costs significantly.

Any tips and hints for this are very welcome. I'm willing to sacrifice profit for quality.

Other urls found in this thread:

makeitbigingames.com/2006/06/five-realistic-steps-to-starting-a-game-development-company/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll make the logo

What exactly are you looking for in this post? It's sounds like you're pretty clear on what you're setting out to do.

I've got the logo designed. Though not done yet, but I know 100% what it should look like. I will be paying someone to make it yeah

I know what I want and what I'm going to do. But I've got no idea HOW. All those fucking terms omfg.

newfag

makeitbigingames.com/2006/06/five-realistic-steps-to-starting-a-game-development-company/

Best of luck and keep us updated.

what does this have to do with crypto?

Yes I am. Though the whole fucking shit is designed and ready to go. This whole financial/business world is alien to me

I'm a budding composer, currently a student as an audio engineer at the university of Surrey, I love games and would loves some experience in sound design and writing game soundtracks! Want my help? :)

With what?

Cheers mate. Will do. This is a good link indeed

This board is for crypto. But anyways, post name of company or contacts so I can apply.

Eventually yes, SM64 and Ocarina of Time are some of my greatest influences. Music does, and will play a large role in my games. But I'm there yet. So no viable anything can be made yet

*NOT there yet what the fuck.

Again: What?? That will come. Having only chanfags in my company would be the fucking dream to me

Be sure to shill your game development progress everywhere. Audience is everything these days. If you cant differentiate yourself from the other 100 game titles being exhibited at any one time, your going to be screwed.

Also be prepared for your first game to be a huge flop.

Personally I wouldn't bother with game development. It's a fairly savage place these days.

>Be sure to shill your game development progress everywhere

Yeah I do know this, I've got 100k reserved for advertisement. Otherwise you've got no chance indeed.

>It's a fairly savage place these days

Very true. The (((Grablers))) own this, and every other business. I'll be competing against fucking Hollywood.

But I'll be selling on game quality too

cool, well how can I contact you?

Any particular reason why UE4?
Unity might be better for your first game esecially if it's not an FPS.

I'm a programmer if you need to hire one

t. Unity developer

I am doing the exact same thing OP, with a lot less money. Mostly developing solo with the help of a few friends. I would post my progress here but I don't want Veeky Forums to know anything about my affairs

UE4 is great if you are not a programmer and not aiming to develop for mobile devices, blueprints and the other node based systems are simply great for people who are not hardcore programmers

t. artist with years of xp in the industry

The best thing I can currently advise you:

outsource and delegate as much as you can, don't clutter your brain and time, you want to focus on marketing and bizdev

Not too discourage you but that's a very tough business, because it's content and content is tough to make money on and also because you're going to have to have experienced people watching the forums like a hawk 24 hours a day to put out brushfires that will erupt about your products--they'll have to know how to counteract critiques without pissing off your fans.

OP how do I get into this sort of thing without software dev experience? Basically I want to do what you're doing, small crew making a game and financing independently with a heavy emphasis on quality over profit.

I have good ideas for games, am a really strong writer/plotter/character developer. I have decent business sense and decent connections to assemble a good crew.

But I know fuckall about actually coding/programming the fucking game. What would be a good way to shore up my knowledge on that end? Can I just outsource that to people and basically focus on the creative angle and level design and shit?

Pay twitch streamers to play yor game

Listen to this man.

So many games of mine fell apart because I couldn't be arsed to keep track of all the small details. Delegate, delegate, delegate.

L A R P
A
R
P

i want everyone to know i see that this is clearly a "larp" and gay

user who worked in the (dutch) game industry here. My advice:

>If you're just an idea guy, better get other skills.
>Be extremely critical of the game you're going to make, if it's "like game x but with feature y" just don't start at all.
>Programmers art is fine to start with
>Start small and create a playable concept, only if that's fun start scaling up
>Use Steam greenlight, kultuurfonds and other crap to get some money when you're up and running

In case you're wondering why I no longer work in the industry, I could double my pay by working in the financial sector.

I hate this this but yeah I might have to

Watch Unity3d YouTube vids and get started mate.

This is my strategy yeah

UE4 is just better in every single way except for user friendlyness and free assets. If you start with nothing, go Unity. Even though Blizzard used Unity for Hearthstone, you're less likely to pull it off. Go Unreal.

We'll get there

holy shit what is happening in that pic

I am willing to alpha/beta test your games for eventual ingame skins

I made a game for my friends at work, where we did IT tickets. The gun was a "troubleshooter" which you used to fight misbehaving accounting software and muppets (our term for people who freaked out when they submitted tickets).

The character is modeled after one of my work buddies, whose name is, fittingly enough, Mario.

fuck Unity

and good luck from fellow UE4 indie developer

Try to find devs that will accept dividends as payment for your first game,
Then zuckerberg them out

huh?? can't find this "unreal engine" coin anywhere