>become a quarter French
>go across the water and bully France

>a quarter French
45%

not swarthy enough

>England
>France
>big
lol, medieval is Reich time baby! Puny French and English are a sideshow at best.

So big and yet so weak and irrelevant, absolutely pathetic.

>HRE was an effective political entity which could operate as a whole

It was just a meme empire completely decentralised and not unified enough to do anything

>fast forward 100 years
>Oi looky looky, France and England are still irrelevant

You mean the Angevin-ruled colony of Angleterre?

Well no see, literally everything of note that happened in the Middle Ages was done by French and English people, followed by Spaniards and Italians. Germany was just a big fat blob of irrelevance.

I mean shit nigger did they even have buildings? Seriously check out any "medieval" building in Germany and you find out it's actually a Disney tier plastic fake built in the late 19th century.

Save for housing the majority of the European population in peace and comparative wealth for centuries and being the driver behind nearly all technological, scientific and social progress.
Yeah, I guess that's less entertaining than the 100 years war, but way more important for the western society.

>being the driver behind nearly all technological, scientific and social progress

>Copernicus
>Gutenberg
>Galileo
>Luther
All HRE boys.

>17th century Italian who just copied some old 14th century French textbooks
>Middle Ages

Not even going to get into you unironically considering Luther "progress" (unless you were ironic in which case 5/5 pretty good)

The biggest badasses of history

Literally figuratively Jews

>Galileo
You are just butt-blusted that there was no single French scientists of the medieval that anyone remembers.
French and England became the dominant nations of the early modern and modern period, but they where simply insignificant during the medieval period.

Are you retarded?

>Buridan
>Oresme

meanwhile in Germany: ...

At least England was a somewhat unified political entity more than France or the HRE where the rulers had very little power over their domains

Why is every single post on this board so wrong?

>Buridan
>Oresme
Literally no one Knows them today.

Compare them to Kepler or Copernicus. Everybody knows who Gutenberg was that he invented the printing press and how it changed the world forever.

>>Buridan
>>Oresme
who?

Everyone knows Napoleon and Daft Punk

check mate faggot

The guys who founded modern Physics and Mathematics.

Only in France mate, only in France.

Well that's not quite fair, I think by now Physics and Mathematics have also made it to countries outside France.

Seeeeeeeeaaaaa Jewwwwwws! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

And which of them are medieval?

God damn that is beautiful

Isaac Newton was English.

>England and English possessions
lmao, is there anything more deluded than britbongs?

Pic related, India and Indian possessions under Jorj Pancham.

Okay...? Do you want a cookie?

Okay...?

Okay!

>England and English possessions in France under Henry II

Real talk for a second, is this what English people actually believe?

Do you often just blurt out things like that in unrelated conversations, like some kind of britbong nationalism tourette's?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the founder(s) of modern physics and mathematics.

I was, Buridan and Oresme.

I don't see what Newton being English has to do with anything.

Why do bongs have to make everything about nationalistic dickwaving? Nobody cares holy shit.

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise that they taught Buridanian and Oresmian physics in whatever shithole country you live in. In most of the world what people learn is Newtonian physics.
Named after Isaac Newton.
The founder of modern physics.

The laws of classical mechanics generally referred to as "Newton's first and second laws" were already discovered by Buridan, as were the modern concepts of force, acceleration, and momentum.

Calculus was founded by Oresme.

Good luck doing physics without the foundation of classical mechanics and without calculus.

Why did you post a map of India and Indian possessions under Jorj Pancham?

Good luck writing down your ideas without the concept of writing. How reductionist do you want to go?

>NORTHERN IRELAND has two genetic groups - one also seen in the HIghlands and another also present in the south of Scotland and England
the eternal Anglo once again pretending the Gaels of Ulaidh aren't alive and well

lmao did you just imply that writing isn't an important invention?

No, I implied that saying that Newton isn't really the father of modern physics and that it's instead some literally who german because the german did some work Newton used to create MOST OF MODERN MECHANICS is stupid and reductionist. By extension I could keep on going back through scientists and mathematicians until we arrived in fucking Babylon doing area calculations on fields, and declare the people there the founders of modern physics, or go back to the inventors of writing and declare them the founders of physics.
That simple enough for you? Or do I have to spell it out further?

just admit it user, kr*uts have contributed nothing worthwhile to science ever

The paradigm shift that marks the beginning of modern physics is the invention of the concept of momentum, and the discovery of Newton's first two laws of motion. Those things were achieved by Buridan.

In the same way, the paradigm shift that marks the beginning of calculus is the invention of the mathematical function, as well as its graphical representation, integration, and application to solve physical problems. All those things were first done by Oresme.

I'm sorry this doesn't match the nationalistic feelgood propaganda you learned in school, you'll find reality usually doesn't.

... Yes, that was kind of what I was getting at with the whole post.

I wish you retards would stick to /int/.

as long as /int/ is infested with lewdposting faggots and permavirgin interpals threads I'm staying here, bucko

You want to talk about Buridan discovering Newton's laws first? Alright, let's do that. He never put his laws into equations, making them usable for prediction or any kind of modelling. He had no general laws, everything was shitty "celestial laws" and "natural places". He made all the mistakes every physicist had made before him regarding force and acceleration. He accomplished very little, and got pretty much exactly as much recognition as he deserved, which is to say almost none.

You are the kind of stupid motherfucker who will actually argue that Democritus discovered the atom.

>

>
>
>

>inafter "JEEEEEEEEWWWSSS"

Gutenberg

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Here's an excerpt written by Buridan:

>When a mover sets a body in motion he implants into it a certain impetus, that is, a certain force enabling a body to move in the direction in which the mover starts it, be it upwards, downwards, sidewards, or in a circle. The implanted impetus increases in the same ratio as the velocity. It is because of this impetus that a stone moves on after the thrower has ceased moving it. But because of the resistance of the air (and also because of the gravity of the stone) which strives to move it in the opposite direction to the motion caused by the impetus, the latter will weaken all the time. Therefore the motion of the stone will be gradually slower, and finally the impetus is so diminished or destroyed that the gravity of the stone prevails and moves the stone towards its natural place. In my opinion one can accept this explanation because the other explanations prove to be false whereas all phenomena agree with this one.[8]
>Buridan gives his theory a mathematical value: impetus = weight x velocity

This is literally exactly Newton's first two laws of motion. And it's an entirely new way of thinking of physics, the idea that objects don't stop moving because of some sort of inherent loss of energy, but only due to air resistance, and that motion is not something that needs to be externally sustained.

Newton's achievement consists in creating a complete mathematical system for mechanics. But as he himself said, he was "standing on the shoulders of giants", and the true breakthrough that founded modern physics was achieved by Buridan.

>impetus = weight x velocity

Oh hey look, he's already wrong.

>For it is fully agreed that to all dwelling in this country it will be well known that, since a decree was sent out by me with the counsel of my leading men and magnates, to the effect that all the Danes who had sprung up in this island, sprouting like cockle amongst the wheat, were to be destroyed by a most just extermination, and thus this decree was to be put into effect even as far as death, those Danes who dwelt in the afore-mentioned town, striving to escape death, entered this sanctuary of Christ, having broken by force the doors and bolts, and resolved to make refuge and defence for themselves therein against the people of the town and the suburbs; but when all the people in pursuit strove, forced by necessity, to drive them out, and could not, they set fire to the planks and burnt, as it seems, this church with its ornaments and its books. Afterwards, with God's aid, it was renewed by me.

-The massacre of Danes in Oxford as justified by Æthelred in a royal charter of 1004 explaining the need to rebuild St Frideswide's Church (now Christ Church Cathedral)

>In Newtonian mechanics, linear momentum, translational momentum, or simply momentum (pl. momenta; SI unit kg⋅m/s) is the product of the mass and velocity of an object, quantified in kilogram-meters per second.

Dumbass.

Weight.

Weight meant the same thing as mass in Buridan's time. In order to distinguish the two you need the theory of gravitation.

The university of Paris was the most respected place of learning in the medieval age?

>older than paris
>complete with sexy eagle
are you even trying?

>resolves a schism
Hmu when bologna does that, I'm unaware if they did

>law

lmao bunch of wankers get the fuck out, Paris STEM master race coming through.

Bullshit. Genetically the British haven't changed since the first inhabitants.

ITT: Butthurt continentals

fify.

Aaaaand u mad.

Get fucked saxon, when you were fighting with sticks, 120 000 people duked it out on the battlefields of the Balkans. You can't call England bullies when the Romans existed

*gets cucked by romans AGAIN*
WE WUZ EMPIRE N SHIET

>everything of note that happened in the Middle Ages was done by French and English people
Like?

>Celts
>Romans
>Germanic tribes forming Anglo-Saxon indentity
>Vikings
>Normans
It's literally impossible that British population hadn't changed given that only Normans and Romans didn't migrate en masse.
>B-but muh genetics change ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY when talking about muh haplomemes before bronze age, check this totally not biased chart done by Anglo intellectuals!

>THE
>""HOLY""
>""""""""""""ROMAN""""""""""""
>""""""""""""""""""""""""EMPIRE""""""""""""""""""""""""
>OF
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""GERMANY""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Literally all of it, from the Crusades to the Scientific Revolution.

What went wrong?

Funny how Romans don't exist anymore. Just Germanic/Celtic/and North African rape babies

Henry was king of where?

The Angevins were French.

Funny how everyone else on the Balkans does

And kings of where?

Balkans? You mean Middle East pt. 2?

they didn't think of themselves as purely english.
england was just one of their domains.

>the Crusades
Which ones? Some were done by the emperor
> to the Scientific Revolution.
>Medieval
It was started in Italy either way

England was one of their possessions but their main powerbase was France. Richard spent a whole of 6 months in England during his adulthood. It wasn't until Edward III that the kings of England could themselves be considered English.

The biggest bullies were the Arab Caliphates, the Turks, and the Mongols.

This just shows how ignorant you are.

He was count of Anjou and duke of Aquitaine.

>Which ones? Some were done by the emperor
The ones that weren't embarrassing failures.

>It was started in Italy either way
Paris and Oxford are in Italy now?

But King of where?

Victoria was Empress of where?

>The ones that weren't embarrassing failures
The second,the seventh and eight crusade were the biggest failures and were all started by France

Only the first and third were successes, and they were both French.