Let's Play a Game

Post three historical events that share the same date as your Birthday. Others try to guess the date without looking it up.

Me:
1. Thomas Hickey, Continental Army private and bodyguard to General George Washington, is hanged for mutiny and sedition.
2. Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife Sophie are assassinated in Sarajevo; this is the casus belli of World War I.
3. Holyfield–Tyson II: Mike Tyson is disqualified in the third round for biting a piece off Evander Holyfield's ear.

shameless self bump

Seems better than endless shitposting between /pol/ and lefty/pol/
1.) 1779, Spain declares war upon Britain creating a de facto alliance with the American Revolutionaries, however King Charles III chose not to sign an actual treaty with them, as one empire encouraging another empire's colonies to rebel would potentially cause numerous proxy wars via colonies.
2.) 1942, The allies at Tobruk, Libya surrender to Erwin Rommel. 30,000 prisoners, 2,000 Vehicles, 2,000 tons of fuel, and 5,000 tons of rations were taken. Rommel then promised "I am going on to Suez,”
3.) 1915, Germany first makes use of poison gas in warfare in the Argonne Forest

Second point makes it obvious.
June 28th, which is soon happy birthday user.
No idea but the rommel point means its in the summer I think? May to August is my guess but cant give accurate date.
And yes this thread is far less sinister and politically charged than most threads on Veeky Forums so I for one welcome it.
1. 1520, Spanish defeat Aztecs at Otumba
2.1753, Act passed in Parliament creates the British museum
3. 1937, Beginning of Sino-Japanses war at Marco Polo Bridge

Mine is pretty easy.

1.) 1307 – Pope Clement V issues the papal bull Pastoralis Praeeminentiae which instructed all Christian monarchs in Europe to arrest all Templars and seize their assets.
2.) 1943 – Lebanon gains independence from France.
3.) 1963 – U.S. President John F. Kennedy is assassinated and Texas Governor John Connally is seriously wounded.

455 – The Vandals, led by king Genseric, begin to plunder Rome. Pope Leo I requests Genseric not destroy the ancient city or murder its citizens. He agrees and the gates of Rome are opened. However, the Vandals loot a great amount of treasure.
1991 – Ukraine declares itself independent from the Soviet Union.
1995 – Microsoft Windows 95 was released to the public in North America.

Just a comment, 3 is incorrect, poison gas was first used in warfare earlier that year at the second battle of Ypres. Tear gas had been used a few times prior but proved ineffective, chlorine was then used for the first time on April 22nd, 1915.

Mine:
>1571, Christian fleet destroys Ottoman fleet at Lepanto in one of the last major actions involving galleys
>1849, Edgar Allan Poe, American writer, dies after being found in delirious state a few days before
>1949, the German Democratic Republic (East Germany) formally comes into existence

>it's also pic related's birthday

1865, The last remaining major Confederate field force, the Army of the Trans-Mississippi surrenders in Galveston, Texas

1940, Dunkirk Evacuation begins

1998, National Sorry Day in Australia

November 22nd

Ayy I know this, May 26th

Thanks, /pol/

sometime in October?

June 28th is right. Thanks user.

hmmmm thats a tough one no idea

September?

>National Sorry Day
wtf i cant believe thats real

Nope, but close

Shit, made a mistake and didn't notice the month part, those events won't be in the same month.

1. Sweden declared war on Britain beginning the Anglo-Swedish War
2.the Suez Canal was inaugurated
3. The United States recognized the Soviet Union

Correct

Here, have a free flag.jpg

I used to try and anger my Aussie roommates by watching Rabbit Proof Fence on my birthday just to rub it in their faces.

1. First recorded perihelion passage of Halley's Comet.
2. Charles II lands at Dover at the invitation of the Convention Parliament (England), which marks the end of the Cromwell-proclaimed Commonwealth of England, Scotland and Ireland and begins the Restoration (1660) of the British monarchy.
3. The United States House of Representatives releases the Cox Report which details the People's Republic of China's nuclear espionage against the U.S. over the prior two decades.

Mine is easy

Battle of Waterloo
"Finest Hour" speech
Paul McCartney's birthday

June 18

right you are. waterloo makes is damn easy, but i really only know of those 3 things that happened on that day.

1865 – The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, banning slavery.
1884 – The Washington Monument in Washington, D.C., is completed.
1917 – Finland declares independence from Russia.

December 6th
(the last one was a giveaway)

40. anniversary of the DDR was on the 7. October, so that.

For me:
Wedding of Marie Antoinette and Louis XVI
Signing of the Sykes-Picot Agreement
1st Academy Awards ceremony

1859 - John Brown leads a raid on Harper's Ferry
1946 - High ranking Nazis are executed after the Nuremberg Trials
1949 - Greek Civil War ends

>1791, The United States Bill of Rights becomes law
>1917, An armistice between Russia and the Central Powers is signed
>1966, Walt Disney dies

some time in April?

Correct.

November?

Mines easy

Hiroshima gets nuked

1. 1938 Oil is discovered in Saudi Arabia
2. 1918 The Treaty of Brest-Litovsk
3. 1861 Alexander II frees the serfs.

797 - Empress Irene overthrows her son Constantine VI to become ruler of the Byzantine Empire
1713 - Charles VI issues the Pragmatic Sanction
1839 - B*lgium achieves independence

This is really easy

Battle of the Aegates Islands: Final battle of the First Punic War
Charles I dissolves parliament
Louisiana Purchase
Tibetan Uprising.

August 24. I know because my Ukrainian wife was born just 3 days before independence.

The germans enter Paris

2002: George W Bush in his state of the union address coins the term "Axis of Evil", helping to popularize America's new foreign policy.

757: An Lushan, instigator of the deadliest civil conflict in human history (the An Lushan conflict) is murdered by his own son.

661: The Rashidun Caliphate ends with the death of Ali. This marks the first official split between the Sunni and Shia.

1. The U.S. Senate votes to propose a constitutional amendment banning slavery in the U.S.

2. "The Nutcracker" premieres in St. Petersburg, Russia. 1892.

3. The battle of Verdun is concluded, resulting in French victory. 1916.

Good job user

1.) 1959 - The Day Music Died
2.) 1930 - Founding of Communist Party of Vietnam
3.) 1690 - Massachusetts issues first paper money in America

2easy

732 – Battle of Tours: A force commanded by Charles Martel defeats an army of the Umayyad Caliphate between Poitiers and Tours in western France.
1913 – United States President Woodrow Wilson triggers the explosion of the Gamboa Dike, ending construction on the Panama Canal.
1967 – The Outer Space Treaty, signed on January 27 by more than sixty nations, comes into force. (also, I was born)

I. Osama Bin Laden is hunted down by US Navy SEALs and killed in a raid

II. Soviet forces capture Berlin; flag hoisted over the Reichstag

III. city of Chernobyl is officially evacuated

1. 1431 - Henry VI of England is crowned King of France
2. 1773 - Boston Tea Party
3. 1944 - The beginning of the Battle Of The Bulge

December 16, it's my mom's birthday heh.

1. Cesar crosses the rubicon
2. thomas paine publishes common sense
3. woodrow wilson starts the league of nations

>tfw ex-gf was born on August 24th
>tfw remembered it because it was the same day Pompeii blown up in 79AD and the CSS Alabama was commissioned in 1862

April 30/May 1 (bin Laden was killed in the early hours of May 1st, but the American public found out on the evening of the 30th due to the time difference)

1. The Paris Peace Conference begins in Versailles, France
2. Francisco Pizarro founds the city of Lima.
3. Over 1,000 Lebanese Muslims are murdered in the Karantina massacre.

10th of January, know that because I study Politics and IR at uni in regards to the third point.

Cool.
January 16th?
The third point kind of spoiled the fun of trying to guess.

1.France & Austria sign treaty about Southern Netherlands
2.Battle of Trenton
3.Trial of French King Louis XVI, court hears the kings defense

1.Joan of Arc lifts the siege of Orleans
2.Coca-Cola is sold for the first time, as a medicine
3.V.E day

May 6th?

1. Emperor Pertinax is assassinated.
2. The Paris Commune is formally established.
3. Madrid falls to Francisco Franco.

May 8th

1.Battle of Saratoga 2 Electric Boogaloo
2.Destruction of the Turkish Fleet by the Holy League
3. Invasion of Afghanistan post 9/11

Close. January 18th

Hey we share birthdays >and with pic related

1775 Paul Revere and William Dawes ride from Charleston to Lexington to warn colonial militias of approaching British Regulars.
1942 John Doolittle bombs Tokyo and other Japanese targets.
1861 Robert E. Lee turns down offer to command Union army.

Oh and this guy too.

Washington crosses the Delaware, 1776

Eamon De Valera repudies the Anglo Irish treaty, 1921

The US declares war on Japan, 1941

9th of May

October 16th

1788 - First edition of The Times of London is published

1877 - Queen Victoria is proclaimed Empress of India

1959 - Batista is overthrown by Fidel Castro's forces in the Cuban Revolution

December 8?

>Austria becomes a republic
>Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in undisputed control of the Soviet Union.
>World War II: Temperatures around Moscow drop to -12 °C as the Soviet Union launches ski troops for the first time against the freezing German forces near the city

A real easy one

1. The YMCA is founded
2. The Omen premiers
3.D-Day