I don't care what Nietzsche says, Christian morality is beautify. It is the the meeting of beauty and truth. Humility...

I don't care what Nietzsche says, Christian morality is beautify. It is the the meeting of beauty and truth. Humility, meekness and selfless poverty are beautiful. Crying to God in anguish over your sins is beautiful. Conquest, rape and power are nothing compared to this beauty.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ybJx1osyk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKF3mJHKcE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Amen.

The meek shall inherit nothing.

They already have everything

m.youtube.com/watch?v=v1ybJx1osyk

I agree, Christian morality is beautiful. It possesses an idealistic brilliance with the interplay of logic, rationality and empathy. If one presupposes the existence of God and his righteousness(his Will), it can be used to make an objective moral theory.

Firstly, God plans for his children to have natural rights (food/water/shelter/clothing) because he is benevolent(universal Good will).
Next, the guiding principle behind man's moral actions : the Golden rule. It is merely the logic of human behavior. If you disobey the golden rule you are a hypocrite or illogical and in error.

You should see the poor as your self, giving away what you can to help them. Even if these are your cherished possessions, because the ideals must be entirely upheld. You can't be a little perfect.

I don't personally follow morality completely, but I can agree with the argument.

I don't agree with your "univocity of being" here, but then, I'm Orthodox

>when someone says there's virtue in poverty near me

>Conquest, rape and power are nothing compared to this beauty.

Explain this

The crusaders were not true Christians.

>God plans for his children to have natural rights (food/water/shelter/clothing)
okay when's he gonna start carrying it out?

This. Useful idiots.

according to me*

Neither are islamic terrorists then

Islamic terrorists are not true Christians, that is correct.

Poverty is not intrinsically valuable, but when a product of selflessness (renouncing property) or for the increase of humility, it has great value.

I'm Orthodox

I think Nietzsche was mourning the passage of Christian morality as he predicted that the 20th century without it would be the bloodiest century in the history of the world. And he was right.

The translation meek is wrong. the true meaning was strength and without being boisterous about it.

Islam was founded by a conqueror. That is why Nietzsche exalted it and said Europe ought to have groveled in the dust before the Muslims.

So was Christianity.

Nietzsche praised war and cruelty, and considered pity (literally "compassion" in the German) to be a disease

No, it's meek. You're just conflating meekness with cowardice.

Well, yes. Conquered death.

Christian morality is beautiful because Christ is the truth

>inb4 edgy teenagers and fedoras

"christ is the truth" makes no sense

You still believe in herd morality. have you learned nothing from my prophet the great Nietzsche?
God is dead and you obey and pray to his shadow.
Humility is for the weak and only power is beautiful.
The will for power is the only thing that keeps you alive, but you want to be selfless, it is an delusion that you believe selfishness is a bad thing.

>Christ is the truth
What about that imminent apocalypse he predicted that never came?

Well yeah, Christ is only right because he's the strongest. Might makes right.

that's right goy, the only way to not be an useful idiot is to keep consuming the latest versions of my company's smartphones

Lel. Let me give you one of Sorens problems. So, you are a man, in a sermon, being preached by a preacher about Abraham.

You go home and you try to murder sacrifice your son, the priest stops you and he incriminates you as a criminal and you probably end up in jail.

As Kierkegaard put it
>the comic and the tragic converge on each other here in absolute infinity.

Christian morality is disgusting, it places people on pedestals for no reason, there is no reason to give the father of faith abraham your love, when you love him simply because he is abraham, it is unattainable to everyone out there but Abraham, and Abraham is essentially blame free, we take someone whom if he were anyone else he would be a murderer, a disgusting one at that (child murderer), yet because he is abraham, he is one of the greatest figures in Christian doctrines, because why, he had faith? A lot of it?

No one thinks about his story, dissects it, Soren continues to say when people talk about Abraham they substitute "Isaac" with the word "best" or something similar, to the ends "Abraham was willing to sacrifice his best for god", his best is his child whom he owes everything. The discussion changes quite heavily when you use proper terminology to discuss this story.

Abraham, like most Christian stories is about testing an individual, this test is a brutal test, quite frankly a god who implements these tests on his individuals which he created is not worthy of the love we give it. Think of it like gods a programmer figuring out what his code can and can't do.

Faith is the only beatiful thing inside christianity, but faith is not exclusive to christianity.

Keep kissing niggerfeet, christcuck.

>The discussion changes quite heavily when you use proper terminology to discuss this story.
>proper terminology

You don't study the terminology used inside bibles? What are you even doing?

gooood goy, remember that if you don't watch my latest movies starring random nigger actor #214 and buy my latest tablet, you are a cuck.
Now back to work and make me my money

Nice projections. Now go back to worshiping a dead kike on a stick, that will surely make you a good person.

>you need to worship a dead kike on a stick to not be mr. nosebergs consumer slave
>people who are not brainwashed to buy the latest tablet do it to call themselves good persons

nice projection indeed my fedora tipping friend

God's will is all that keeps me alive. I would that my own will be crucified

t. untermensch

I'm Orthodox. We believe all things should be only for the will of God. We have numerous saints who acted crazy David of Thessolonike, Basil the Fool, etc)we also have many that were condemned by the clergy (Symeon the New Theologian, Nectarios). Kierkegaard was raging agaist a Luthern issue

What keeps you alive is your will for power.
If you want to eat you want the power to eat.
If you want to help others you want the power to help.
If you want to understand the bible you want the power to understand.
The will for power is in all of us.

>Think of it like gods a programmer figuring out what his code can and can't do.

Sure, I love experiencing greater leisure and convenience through possession of more advanced technology.

I can do nothing without God. Moreover, I eat for his will, not mine. Eating for your own will is gluttony

>Eating for your own will is gluttony

That is not true. Eating too much is of course gluttony and is bad but not because god doesn´t want it, but because you can´t want it for your health, because by eating too much you loose your power and become fat and lazy.
The will for power is about doing things in measures. And of course you want the power to do things in measures.

What is figurative speech?

It's like you're a 3 year old

Also Adam and Eve were eating from the tree, so god has given them an own will to decide to do it or not to do it. That is what the bible says.
To say you do something not for your own will but for the will of god is schizophrenic.

God gave them the choice to either live is his will, or live in self-will. Angels also had that choice. The Orthodox do not seek to do good, but to do God's will. Any good done for a reason other that God's will, is seen.

Is *sin

So if god wants you to kill all life on this planet you would do as he will, since you don´t seek to do good as you say. What is wrong with having a reason other than gods will to do something good, i´m sure you have those reasons too, because when you eat you sense the good taste, don´t you? And you want to tell me that this is not a reason to eat apart from gods will.

Isn´t it just so that you do what the bible commands, sorry, what the great unquestionable god commands through the bible, because you think for yourself that this are good commands that make your life peaceful and will lead to a reward in the afterlife, in paradise. Paradise is a joyful place and hell is for punishment, isn´t this just convincing you to do as the allmighty dude wants you to do?

Well Rome was obviously in heresy. ((Ordodog bro))

I hate your opinion

I would kill all people if God so willed, but I would decribe God's method of conveying the message first to a spiritual elder to ensure it is from God.

Taste is not a valid reason of itself, no. But God willing you to enjoy food is

Hell, in Orthodoxy, is the same as heaven: the fire of hell and the light of halos are the same: God himself. But if you are not Godlike, then his presence conflicts with yours and causes distress.

Some religions are more like warrior cults, in which there is no shame in coming out on top. Christianity is unusual in its reverence for the victim, the poor, women (yes!), the individual, pacifism and equality (particularly the sharing out of mates through monogamy).

I think it was Nietzsche who, despite despising Christianity a religion for slaves, pointed out that worshipping a lone individual who is crushed by organised religion and organised power was an inherently anti-authoritarian and proto-scientific thing to do, and that this explained the birth of rationalism and science in Christian societies.

Rationalism came out of scholasticism and the Renaissance , which were inspired by the rediscovery of pagan though

Christianity is not politically anti-authoritarian by any means. Christianity preaches total obedience. Christ's parables are greatly concerned with Jewish religious authorities being insubordinate to God, and this is why he says the goys (whom Jesus likens to dogs) will be given the vineyard.

Nietzsche is anachronistically applying Reformation theology to early Christianity.

Authoritarians hate Jesus because He reminds everyone that God, not Caesar, is the ultimate authority.

1. The word translated meekness in the Greek refers to gentleness not a grovelling disposition.

2. Humility refers to accurate self-concept not a grovelling disposition.

3. Selflessness has nothing inherently to do with Christian morality, the foundation of which is Reciprocity and Compassion not being unselfish. Its entirely possible to be completely selfless and also mired in sin.

4. Poverty is not beautiful it is hideous and only occasionally useful.

In short, many of Nietzche's criticisms against Christianity were valid, but they were only valid because they were attacking a Christianity that existed in his era [and still does now] but has little in common with the actual teachings of the Christ.

Christianity is not pacifist.

Christianity does not teach this monkish, grovelling slavish disposition.

Christianity does not teach a morality lacking in discretion as to the object of its benevolence.

Christianity does not teach anti-intellectualism.

Most of the things you praise so highly are things that Nietzche would despise, and Christ Himself would correct as erroneous and excessive.

DEUS VULT

Meek meant staunch back in the day. Not being a bitch

Friendly reminder that Christ was not divine and all this shit is nonsense.
The idea of an afterlife is the greatest disservice possible to the people that came up with the foundation of the nonsense cult people believe in. It didn't start out nonsense.
Also Jesus just died in the original gospel of mark, no magic faggot shit. He died.

T.Gnostic

If he was talking about the fall of either Rome or Jerusalem he was fairly accurate. If the end of the world, I think be said no mortal will know when it happens.

Now, that leaves a sour taste in my mouth, to, because there's been a fuckhuge gap between all the happenings in Christianity and the return of Christ.

Don't Gnostics believe in both a soul and a supreme god?

Plenty of authoritarians loved Christ. Saint Oswald for example. Totalitarians, not so much.

Yes. The main thing is knowledge as opposed to "faith" i know GOD exists.

Well he's getting his wish if things continue this way

When someone takes your shirt, give your cloak as well. Lend to whomever asks, and do not ask for your money back. When someone strikes or offends you, offer your other cheek. If someone compels you tp go a mile, go two. If someone insults you, see it as from God and repay with love.

Christ and all the Apostles and John the Baptist were poor.

I am Orthodox, not Catholic. My faith is one of seeing yourself as wretched, but everyone else as Christ. Not of torturing and raping someone for refusing to kiss the Pope's feet. Nor the Protestant faith which sees money as holiness and has no regard for celibacy

Only because of population growth. If you think the 20th century was somehow especially bad then you're a moron.

>no user you misunderstood. What Jesus meant was that the world would not end before the generation that would witness the end of the world silly

>mfw, yes they are serious

That's fine.

Just don't get upset when you get conquered and raped.

Orthodoxy also stresses direct experience of God. By living according to Christ, the image, the reflection God that you are, is made visible and can directly observe his radiance by turning inward

Gnosticism is evil, it rejects the holiness of the material, blaspheming the incarnation.

There aint nothing beautiful about this

Because I don't conquer and rape, I have no right to find it upsetting? What? No, it is rather the conquerors and rapists who ought not to get upset when it happens to them

The Copts are beautiful

Bit harsh mate. I'd say its evil to worship someone who repeatedly stated he was not divine. And then youve got the whole two thousand years of shit to deal with.

Saul is a massive faggot full of shit.

If there's any justice they'll be the only ones seeing paradise, apart from a very select few westerners

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKF3mJHKcE

The incarnation? Of GOD? As a faggot mortal who dies and that somehow saves everyone from wrongdoing and everyone will live after death in pure bliss...
FUCK THAT and FUCK YOU!

The afterlife is a lie.
Worship your ancestors and hope your children worship you, that is the only life after death.

Christ is man as well as God. He never stated he wasn't divine though.

Paul is an incomparable saint and theologian. His work is profound.

Well in Egypt, they and Eastern Orthodox share full communion. Hopefully we'll get around to full communion on paper as well soon.

I worship only God and I am only God's servant.

Incomparable you say? How so?

You worship the demiurge
Faggot

Nothing really compares to Romans or Corinthians, nothing in the world.

Nietzsche is actually fine with Christ-ian morality. He is not fine with Christian morality.
>Christ-ian morality
What you described and what is actually in scripture and invoked by the Holy Spirit
>Christian morality
Ridiculous perversions of Christ-ian morality mixed with whatever is trendy at the moment and general human pettiness.
>good
Goodness is a nonentity without an arbiter. Goodness is not enough, you stinky humanist.

Christianity is absolutely politically anti-authoritarian. One is obedient to God, not Sir Brownnose Christ-ian on the big seat.
t. literal cultist*
Get over yourself, neopagan.
WE WUZ VIKANGS N SHIEET

Romans 13. Obeying God means obeying your ruler unless he orders you to do something against God.

Nietzsche has nothing but contempt for what I described.

There is no ruler that is not against God. You do not understand Romans 13.
False.

There is no ruler not given authority by God.

True, you haven't read The Will to Power or The Antichrist

>There is no ruler not given authority by God.
False. Statist nonsense.
>True, you haven't read The Will to Power or The Antichrist
Yes I have, I simply didn't read them wrong.

Romans 13:1 is nonsense? Tolstoy, plz

Eisegesis is wrong, for both Nietzsche and the Bible.

Your misunderstanding of Romans 13:1 is nonsense.

I understand Greek grammar, Paul's is hardly elaborate.

Understanding a language does not equate to understanding a text.

Nippon is very beautiful.

>Humility, meekness and selfless poverty are beautiful.

Yeah sure I can agree with that...

>Crying to God in anguish over your sins is beautiful.

God I hate you deva-sucking cucks.

Buddhism did everything good that Christianity did, but 500 years earlier, and without debasing yourself before a cruel and fickle desert tribal god.

>If one presupposes the existence of God and his righteousness

That's a nice big infinite IF you got there.

Understanding the Bible comes from the Spirit of Truth, who was given by Christ to His Bride 2,000 ago as a guardian and promise. No understanding which was not taught continuously from ancient times until today, and conflicts with those that are, can be from the Spirit of Truth

Buddhism hasn't done any of the good of Christianity, they aren't remotely comparable.Yoh should see Ostrov (it's on youtube) to see how different Christian sainthood is from Buddhism

You would try to kill all people?! What the fuck is wrong with you? Good luck in trying though, you will be killed after a few deaths by a police officer who has the will for power. Also what makes you sure that a spiritual elder could judge if it is a message from god or not, isn´t that just believing the elder instead of believing the almighty dude? If this dude is allmighty couldn´t he just make you believe him without asking an elder?
>Taste is not a valid reason of itself, no. But God willing you to enjoy food is.
Not a valid reason, lol, tell that to all who are eating because it tastes so good, so they can laugh too. You are denying the truth over a delusion of gods will. Taste the apple from the tree my child and begin to understand, to know, it will lead you out of your confusion. May knowledge bring peace to your heart and mind, amen.

Whites have never widely practiced it ;^)