Is gentrification bad or good?

Is gentrification bad or good?

it is fake

Gentrification literally means the retaking of cities by decent folk. What do you think?

Fuck off whitey stop destroying our culture

I don't think it's a moral dilemma, it seems totally amoral to me.

That depends on whether you want to quarantine the niggers or flush them out

BAD.

THOSE WHO CLAIM THAT IT IS "GOOD" ARE EITHER FULLY COMPREHENDING OF ITS CAUSES, AND OF ITS CONSEQUENCES, AND ARE THEREFORE "EVIL", OR IF IGNORANT, AND UNCOMPREHENDING, THEY ARE CONFUSED, THINKING THAT IT IS MERELY THE RECUPERATION OF FORMERLY DERELICT ZONES, BUT THAT IS ERRONEOUS.

GENTRIFICATION IS THE LAST PHASE IN A PROCESS OF SYSTEMATIC URBAN DECULTURALIZATION; TO BETTER UNDERSTAND IT, REFER IT TO ANALOGY: THE NEIGHBOURHOOD IS AN IMAGEBOARD; FIRSTLY, THE IMAGEBOARD'S COMMUNITY THRIVES, AND GRADUALLY, A BOARDCULTURE FLOURISHES, THEN THE ADMINISTRATION USES FORCE TO BAN CERTAIN KIND OF USERS, AND DELETE CERTAIN KINDS OF CONTENT, WHILST IMPLICITLY ENCOURAGING CERTAIN KINDS OF CONTENT, AND ALLOWING CERTAIN KINDS OF USER TO THRIVE; THIS LEADS TO THE BOARDCULTURE'S DISINTEGRATION, AND THE BOARD FALLS INTO DISARRAY; THIRDLY, COMES ADMINISTRATIVE INTERVENTION, RAZING THE MESS, AND SWEEPING THE DETRITUS, ESTABLISHING, AND IMPLEMENTING, ALL THE ELEMENTS OF THEIR AGENDA WITHOUT RESISTANCE, AND EVEN WELCOMED, ALL IN PRO OF "CORRECTNESS", "PRETTINESS", "COMFORT", AND "POPULARITY".

>People make shit holes in to profitable zones of commerce and prosperity

Who actually thinks its bad to be clean and safer?

>Blight/decay is rebuilt
>Crime goes down
>New businesses open
>Jobs created
>Property values goes up

Is there a downside from a non-racial standpoint? I view it as a class thing mostly, I live in an affluent area of CT and there's a black family down the street who are perfectly fine and their kids just dry with chalk on the driveway all day like a bunch of white kids in summer.

It seems like it could be a problem if there are no official social support programs for the poor and community support is big in the gentrified communities. Like if neighbors work together to pay for medical care, take care of kids, etc., and the gentrification disrupts that community.

But if the government isn't retarded and has a proper social safety net then I don't see a problem.

it certainly has raised the value of some properties without owners even investing in maintenance

It contirbutes to the decline of cities and their beauty as well as culture. Rolling over working class neighborhoods with millenial hipstershits isn't culture.

Bad? There isn't any possible reason it would be bad.
>wahh stop appropriating black ghetto culture
God I hate SJWs so goddamn much.

it's good if you are into the real state business and deftly acquire property in hoods before they gentrify, or if you like having trendy places closer to home
it sucks balls if you are displaced because of it
it sucks balls if impoverished people displaced by it move to your hood
honestly, I think it could be done better, while it generates jobs in the areas it affects it also flushes undesirable poor people into even worse conditions

>less crime
>less niggers
>more capitalism
I like it

Oh yes the beauty of trash filled streets, used needles, wacked out bums, whores, gang graffiti, iron bars over the windows of every store, and the rotting corpses of OD victims.
WTF I hate safety, cleanliness, and livability now.

Millennial hipstershits are infinitely better than niggers. Millenials bitch about not getting $15/hr as a barista but niggers just spend their entirely unearned welfare on old Cadillacs and crack.

Which do you think is worse?

>be small town farm shit head
>move into east st.louis for labour job
>"culture" consist of everything that was at home
>meth, getting drunk on a week day, and the same handful of used up whores who dont understand why nobody wants to be with them outside a fuck
I get the fear of turning into some creepy smiling gated community or some shit but the idea that city "culture" is worth keeping is pretty funny.
>inb4 HUR DUR ST.LOUIS
Outside of the really wealthy states (the ones that are full of gentrification projects) your average city is a big fat gheto with a few places to party. So its basically a Kansas field with speakers.

>whites leave area
>area turns to shit
>OHMYGOD WHITE FLIGHT RAAAACIST

>whites move into area
>area improves
>OMYGOD GENTRIFICATION RAAAACIST

Only way to win is not to play.

Non-white areas of cities are always without exception cancerous ghettos

Unless they're Asians or Pajeets, but those aren't really common outside of super rich cities anyway.

They usually just live by the whites

Pretty much

i've never heard anyone complain about white flight irl and neither have you

>he didn't go to college

>neighbors have natural free-market support system
>government shoehorns its own system in
>weird artificial supply/demand curve gets bent out of wack
>blacks are now wholly dependent on voting democrat for life

nope
if market forces push them to other areas, then that's where they need to be. that's where they are most fit to prosper.

"social safety nets" disrupt communities way more permanently, drastically, negatively than hipsters

working class =/= to junkies and homless people you neoliberal shill

>working class
>living in cities and not suburbs
Maybe in bongistan m8

studied engineering, dgaf'd about anything other than real shit

the chinese students understood this aspect the best
never heard a gook speak out of turn in class

You greentext makes no trucking sense at all lol.

They are just less visible.

It's problematic because it shows black areas being improved by white people.

sometimes good sometimes bad but when it's bad you'll know i when you see it based on policy and the city, and the shift in the area.

For example many people don't know how complete shit landlords in poor areas can be: complete sum of the Earth.

all the memers defending their misunderstanding of gentrification in this thread really reek of cancerous newfag. it's a sad day when the most intelligent post is written in capslock by a tripfag. gentrification is literally just a money making scheme for landowners to raise property cost without equivalent investment. stop thinking about jamal plugging your waifu's exhaust pipe and
FOLLOW
THE
MONEY
NIGGA
it's not about benefitting whites or blacks, it's about replacing all affordable urban housing with insanely expensive designer apartments. but I guess when you're a 17 year old shitposter immigrant from /pol/ on summer break, you probably don't think about the long term economic effects of permanently raising the floor on cost of living and sticking another knife in the decomposing corpse of the middle class in the US

Any sane person is willing to pay more so they don't live in a ghettoized shithole

>Who actually thinks its bad to be clean and safer?
Niggers

The idea is that sometimes, all the new buisnesses and reduced crime and such will drive up rent, and since many poor black families cannot afford to buy a home/can't get a loan, they get pushed out of these neighborhoods and further into impoverished ghettos.

Personally, I see it as a necessary evil for the advancement and bettermet of a city.

good goy

Has it's pros and cons

Pros
>Less shady people
>More high end stores, bars, etc
>Peaceful
>If you buy in a shady area that later becomes gentrified your apartment value will skyrocket

Cons
>Local shops will be pushed out by big corporate chains.
>Hipsters everywhere

if being a good goy means not getting shanked by some nigger in a poorly lit street with no police presence because there's nothing worth policing, then yes, I will be one.

>shifty jews who want my sheckles
>Niggers with an average IQ of 85 and extremely violet tendencies that also want my sheckles and will kill me for them
Ill take the rabbi desu

>Ill take the rabbi

OBVIOUSLY, YOU WOULD; THAT IS WHY YOU ARE A "GOOD GOY"...

But there's the thing is that cities will only act until the situation is so bad that the obvious solution doesn't really as effective anymore since most cities will neglect their poor in favour of the mid upper class tax base which have much more a say in things and can completely topple any attempt at betterment of the poor and even mid class areas.

>>Local shops will be pushed out by big corporate chains.
Actually in my experience, those local shops are replaced by more upscale local shops instead of Walmarts and Best Buys.

People ITT straight up don't even know what gentrification is.

>be working class neighborhood
>economy tanks, working class plummets
>money is injected into area
>renters hike the rent up far above workers wages
>upper middle class and rich move in because of perceived authenticality and trendiness
>workers are pushed out of their homes and forced to relocate.
>repeat ad nauseaum
This isn't a partisan issue and if you support it, you are on the side of rent controllers exploiting honest people

Also let me add to this as a response to those saying it betters the city: gentrification isn't synonymous with improvement, if the city managed to inject money into a neighborhood whilst reining in the rent sharks, then the same improvement can happen, without the gentrification and lost of tenants

Better than neo-segregation and suburban flight. Look what that's done for us in the past 50 years compared to the rapidly revitalizing neighborhoods of today. A few years ago crime was at an all time low since the 60's but now it's seeing a surge for some reason.Maybe the opioid push has something to do with it.

>without the gentrification and lost of tenants
user the tenants are the problem and the reason everything is shit

>workers
>not niggers
There's a reason why it began in the U.S.'s capital during the Bush administration.

DETROIT IS AN INSTANCE OF SYSTEMATIC DECULTURALIZATION/GENTRIFICATION ON A CITYWIDE SCALE; DETROIT IS CURRENTLY ON THE SECOND PHASE; THE THIRD PHASE WILL EVENTUALLY BE INITIATED, AND THE ENTIRE CITY WILL BE REMODELED AND REFORMED, BECOMING ONE OF THE CAPITALS OF THE NEW ZIONIST ORDER.

THIS HAS BEEN INSINUATED IN POPULAR MEDIA (PREDICTIVE PROGRAMMING) —QUOD VIDE: THE "ROBOCOP" "MOVIES".

>gentrification isn't synonymous with improvement
It is though.

Expand on that

low income tenants are usually mentally ill, and have substance abuse issues.

The the main complaint comes from the suburbanites who are seeing their neighborhood flooded with inner city residents.

The population is often responsible for the circumstances of their environment. Economics plays a role, but if you compare crime stats from the countries richest black neighborhood and the poorest white neighborhood The black one has a higher crime rate. Not sure if its genes or culture but the population of an area is often the single more substantive factor on the material condition of the area.

A hipster a bike (apartly only wealthy people ride bikes) a apartment and shit beer.

What did he mean by this?

>it's another invisible hand episode

>everyone who's poor is mentally ill and drug abusers
you're a piece of shit desu.

>Better than neo-segregation and suburban flight.

People are still heavily divided by class though when all the people who can't afford the rent or increased CoL now have to go into a poorer area and lose their progress in social mobility.

How else do anti-gentrifiers suppose we get rid of the systematic red lining then? All their proposals are mo money fo dem programs tier.

Well after the housing crash of '08 houses are cheaper then ever in Suburbs because of foreclosures.

People who can no longer afford rent in that area.

>if you compare crime stats from the countries richest black neighborhood and the poorest white neighborhood

Lol pretty different population and population area density between the two.

>pretty different population
thats the whole point