What does /his know about conquistadors

What does /his know about conquistadors

They were greedy and ambitious men who formed the vanguard exploring the new world, knew it, and exploited what they found for their own good using superior European firepower and disease. Not sjw'ing, but that's honestly just about it.

mostly greedy peasants, some religious hotheads, a few more adventurer types like based Cabeza de Vaca, but every single one were brave and horny

Well you think they spread diseases on purpose so why should I take you seriously

Where on earth did I imply they consciously used their diseases? Learn to read.

>exploited what they found for their own good using superior European firepower and disease

The Spanish take over of America and the destruction of the Inca and Mayan civilization's is one of the worst things to happen in history.
The firepower had very little affect apart from battles. It was mostly the disease weakening them.

the incredible thing is millions of us spics descend from them, a handful of literal motherfuckers

Not exactly. Don't conflate conquistadors with later spanish settlers. Not to mention other europeans who migrated to latin america during and after the colonial period.

both were on decline during the arrival of the spaniards, and had been for at least a generation

They weren't good or noble men, but they were brave.

>marching trough south america with metal hats and cuirass
pretty hardcore

conquistador contribution to the gene pool was important nonetheless, the first mestizos formed the second echelon of the caste system which gained political power with the independence

Yea but not that many descend from them. And those that do can usually trace it. I know one guy who's family was part of Cortes invasion of Mexico. The family lost most of their lands now though.

The Conquistador Manual:

>Go to w/e established colonial post to ask the Governor for Capitulaciones to go explore some area somewhere
>patch up some men, ignore Capitulaciones, go to some other area and found a city there
>become mayor of the city ofc
>huehuehueheuhue
>now time to get rich
>or die trying (usually at the hands of another conquistador)

Which conquistadors fought each other?

im sure he means new disease coming from europe that was not at the time in the new world

They did nothing wrong. That is the official position on this board about the subject

>peasants
They were all nobles

There wasn't really anyone else to fight. The natives were that out classed.

>the destruction of the Inca and Mayan civilization's is one of the worst things to happen in history.
Oh yeah those neolithic human sacrifice angels were the greatest thing that happened on planet earth

Watch out there buddy, you'll trigger the resident aztecaboo who'll start bringing up the inquisition and saying silly stuff like the tributary tribes were better off under the threat of human sacrifice.

different user, but I think Cortes liked to poison his fellow spaniards.

Well in all honesty their lives was a fucking hell under the spanish. Here is an interesting codex, a spanish encomendero is burning alive 100 indians because they did not produce enough tribute for him. Most villages and towns had its population removed and given to a conquistador as "repartimiento de indios" Cortes himself got 20,000 to work his lands.

I find it really interesting that they used the same tactic in peru and in mexico. I mean talking as a friend to the ruler who invited them over then when they could they attack and capture him and use him until the people rebel and then just kill him.
Were the natives too naive?

Most of them. The conquest of Central America is a shitshow of fights and betrayals among several different expeditions, Peru was a clusterfuck of infighting, mostly between Pizarro and Almagro (rip) right after the conquest, etc

Human sacrifice of the Maya and Incas was not that bad. No worst than the shit other people were doing around the world.

they was hereos who did nothing wrong

The guy who named the pacific was betrayed

>Human sacrifice of the Maya and Incas was not that bad.
>human sacrifice
>not that bad
Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

The pacific was named "Pacifico" by Magellan or Elcano I don't remember. I think you talk about Núñez de Balboa who was the first european to see that ocean and named it "Mar del sur" literally "southern sea"

hidalgos weren´t legit nobility, but the point is they were barely literate and had rude manners

>and had rude manners
how do you even know that?

most of them
Treachery was common. Valdivia for example took all his mates gold and sneaked into a ship back to Lima leaving them raging on the beach

> arrive to a beach starving and diseased
> injuns bring you food and help
> gib moar food
> wheres da gold
> take hostages
> kill and rape at will
very rude desu

Any source on this lads? If so, you might just be speaking to a gentleman of noble blood.

They banged the Mayans, turnin 'em into to Mexicans.

Obviously not all the spanish people that went to America were nobles, but a lot of hidalgos went there to try to gain some fortune, in the end they were hidalgos, they had nothing to lose except the life.

And the silly title of hidalgo itself. Thanks mate, I'l go strut about as the nobleman that I am

>they were barely literate
You know jack shit pal. Hidalgos were the bulk of the burocratic force of Spain. They usually resorted to higher education to make a living

I have always wondered how is that if they were so iliterate they knew so much about greek mithology, per example the names of Amazon and California comes from greek myths.

The Spanish talk about something which we call the "Leyenda Negra", literally "Black Legend", which was essentially 16th century propaganda perpetuated by other European powers to make Spanish colonialists seem like brutal savages that killed natives indiscriminately and sadistically to exploit their lands. In reality, it was a lot more tame. Sure, there was the occasional plunder of cities, but the Spanish viewed this as something normal. The people that were the first to come over had been at war with the Moors until these were finally expelled, and now had no job. The king and queen of Spain, not wanting what is essentially a destabilizing faction on their own soil that might topple the young country, just sent them somewhere where they might not be able to easily stage a coup to depose them. The conquistadors came over with a military mindset, sure, but they didn't indulge in things such as willingly spreading disease and mass unwarranted slaughter. For them, it was just a conquest like the ones the Romans used to be famous for. Nevertheless, other countries started spreading rumors and false stories about what went on in the colonies as a way to separate themselves from Spain as a colonial power saying "I might do some bad things, but at least not as bad as Spain".

It's not honestly. There's far worst things other people were doing.

Wasn't Valdivia the guy that Lautaro BTFO and ate?

You know what was one of the first things the "illiterate hidalgos" did when they moved to Santo Domingo? They created a printing press as reading was their main hobby.California and Amazon appeared in a very popular knight novel back then so they gave it that name

Sounds like whitewashing to me and using one propaganda to counter another. Objectively speaking, it was pretty shit if you were a native under Spanish rule, but some were better off or benefitted. Same during independence somethings got even worst for them while other things got better.

This pretty much

If you want to know what the Maya would've looked like if the Spaniards never showed up, look up the isolated groups in Central America. They became extremely decadent and death obsessed, really spooked the Spaniards when they came across them. I don't know if I can say the same for the Aztecs though, I don't know enough about them to make an educated guess

>civilization's
>civilization APOSTROPHE s

Opinion discarded

meh, you are right about imperial spain being ruthless, but the anglos have always been masters of propaganda.

the painting of themselves as dindu nuffins during the reformation, the propaganda against the French revolution and napoleon (people today still think napoleon is a manlet ,because of anglo propaganda), the imperial myth of civilizing and the white man's burden, ww1 propaganda to draw in the americans, to the point that german-americans were tarred and feathered, ww2 the myth of rommel the desert fox by monty and basill liddel heart,...

They had lots of cute native women as companions.

would be so awesome if not for the reality thing

it must have been great to live at that time

They were hungry for gold, and did what religious madmen told.

Read this book if you want to actually hear a first hand account of a Conquistador, its a lot less rape, murder, and pillage and a lot more fighting for your life and Cortes trying to talk his way out of trouble.

>( honestly I feel for them, There is a story about Pedro de alvarado when he encountered a city and was greeted by the local king who was very happy to see the strangers and gave them food, then alvarado had the king made prisoner and burned alive for not having enough gold.

*stabs you in the arm*
Wow mate don't get so upset, it's not that bad. After all i couldve shot you in the face. Have some perspective

Are you unitedstatian? It in every history book that the lot of the crew on the ships were convict who gt que deal of be setting free if they made it alive to werever they arrive in those ships

Cortes climbed to the top of a teocalli to show the treasurer Julián de Alderete, the city of Tenochtitlan that was thirteen kilometers away. The lawyer Alonso Perez, noticed a certain melancholy in the expression of the conqueror and said:

«Watch Nero of Tarpeya
To Rome how it burned,
Screams give children and old people
And he did not hurt at all »

I'M STILL MAD MOST OF YOU FIRST WORLDERS THINK THEY WON BECAUSE OF GUNPOWDER AND EBIN ARMOR

They did it by allying with rebellious tribes and doing dishonorable things like betraying them.

Nothing wrong with desu but I'm mad many of you fags think they came with 50 arquebuses and killed all indigenous people.

They did nothing wrong

I'm learning more about Conquistadors in the Philippines desu.

I think western scholarship is not paying enough attention to the Asian Conquistadors, which is a shame because you see them interacting with Chinese and Japanese civilization and it shows the limit of Spain's reach when they had to make shitloads of compromises with locals since they don't have overwhelming superiority due to the distance of the place, in addition to locals and other Asians familiar with steel and gunpowder.

>I think western scholarship is not paying enough attention to the Asian Conquistadors
Because its too embarrassing for Paco.

Pic related, Spain. Losing to the Khmers. Who at this point were the weakest state in Mainland SEA, being raped by Thais and Viets.

Queque. There are actual "criollistas" and "hispanistas" in south america. No one takes them in a serious way thank god.

thats whats being taught in schools actually
>180 ppl
>few horses and cannons

Propaganda is so bad the average person doesn't even know who the puritans were.

When Rome conquers it's okay but when the Spanish do it all hell breaks loose.

Flip here. That's because the Dasmarinases (father and son, both were governors) were morons. They pretty much wanted to emulate the great conquests in Americas in Asia, despite the fact that they faced opponents similarly armed as they were in addition to being few in fucking number, with most of their soldiery taken from the Native Filipino subjects and allies, whose loyalty to Spain was highly conditional on the question "Is Spain gonna win this fight?"

In addition to the disaster in Cambodia, the father and son duo have unrealistic plans to conquer China, grab Moluccas from the powerful Malacca sultanate, and try to annex South Vietnam. Meanwhile they're getting their asses handed to them by Southern Filipino Muslim states alone. In addition he received an ultimatum from Hideyoshi that the Japanese would conquer the Philippines, which scared the Spics to shit but fortunately, Hideyoshi took a shot at Korea instead.

The Dasmarinases were killed by a local Filipino-Chinese revolt that THEY provoked because they kept on having suspicions that the Chinese migrants in the Philippines- who were they're subjects for decades by that point- were Ming spies. Papa Dasmarinas was killed in an assault versus the rebels, where he famously berated his officers "20 Spaniards can conquer all of China," when they cautioned him not to assault the rebels and wait for reinforcements. The Son was killed in a galley- since at the time most sailors in the Spanish colonial navy in the Philippines were ironically Chinese.

Many of those things were true. Bartolomé de las Casas wrote about it in the "Destrucción de las Indias". There was the "Indio Question" which the spaniards wondered about if the indians where human or not.
There was a lot of shit happening in the spanish colonies like forced buying of shitty spanish products. However, the bourbonic reforms happened so the conquistadores got kicked out.

>It in every history book that the lot of the crew on the ships were convict who gt que deal of be setting free if they made it alive to werever they arrive in those ships
First of all your English is awful. Second of all you are wrong. The Spanish crown was very meticolous with the people that they sent to America

>Bartolomé de las Casas
Taking him seriously is like taking Goebbels propaganda as a valid source for WW2. He was trying to push his little theocratic utopian model so he made up a bunch of bullshit. He even claimed that Hispaniola had 2 million people which is borther line retarded.

overrated desu

Arrogant, actually. What threat could a few hundred white devils be to an emperor and his army?

The French revolutionaries were monsters with blood on their hands

All I can read is memes in the thread.

there was a priest or two in every expedition

What was life like for them?

I enjoy how the words you used, truly user, if I could speak or write like you

>WW1
>Every nation has a right to self-determination, Habsburgs are EVIL TYRANTS, we need to abolish the Habsburg monarchy and replace it with ten dozen irrelevant shitstain republics for every meme ethnicity of more than 20 people so they will suck our virtuous Anglo cocks forever
>Independent Scotland? Independent Wales? Republican Britain? Stop talking crazy!

>kill those that enslave, mistreat and deny your right to freedom
>"b-but you're a murderer"
user...

>tfw the Spaniards killed the Master Race

Veeky Forums knows nothing about anything. Just memes.

How were they master race if they were killed off?

*teleports behind you*

yeah Núñez de Balboa was the first one, and he also attempted to search the rumored kingdom of Biru located in the south of that sea, but Pizarro arrested him and gave him to his executioners.

Their stallions stood in need of company.

>The king and queen of Spain, not wanting what is essentially a destabilizing faction on their own soil that might topple the young country, just sent them somewhere where they might not be able to easily stage a coup to depose them

>Bartolomé de las Casas wrote about it in the "Destrucción de las Indias"
>There was a lot of shit happening in the spanish colonies like forced buying of shitty spanish products
>the bourbonic reforms happened so the conquistadores got kicked out

And this is a typical, common example of absolute morons posting in Veeky Forums.

They enlightened savage tribal peoples and brought them civilization.

False. The secon echelon were the criollos, people with european roots but born in america, being the rulers and the elite class the spanish born in Spain.
Mestizos were mostly irrelevant in the political echelon until the revolutions in XIX century

That is retarded. Hidalgos were small nobility, meaning they had some lands, an hacienda and some servants, so most of them were educated and could read and write.

My friend, bourbonic reforms in america fucked everything up. They imposed their french colonialist views without understanding that the americas weren't colonies anymore, thus making the criollos (the american born nobility) feel displaced and planting the seeds for revolution.

They were descendants from north african berbers. They are believed to inhabitate the islands about VI BC

That's retarded. The situation regarding the positions of power in the administration didn't change; these were ocuppied by people sent from Spain just like before. What changed was the economic system, with the abandoning of the monopoly of commerce by Seville/Cádiz and the allowance of a variety of ports to partake in the commerce between Spain and America. There was also a general improvement of the administration, making it more efficient both in the administration of the viceroyalties and the settlement/conquest of new lands along with a relative liberalization of commerce that saw on one hand the appearance of several privately owned trading shipping companies linking up and advancing the economic buoyancy of local elites, particularly in places like Venezuela. These local economic elites were the result of these reforms leading to prosperity (for them). These were the ones that rebelled against the Crown in search of political power in addition to the economic power they had gained, and also one of the main reasons why there wasn't one united Spanish American state at the end of the independence wars but many criollo republics with boundaries mostly following the influence limits of each local economic centre of the elites.

Same could be said by the rapists in any marauding army in history.

Stop your masonic memery you stupid manlet retard. The reforms benefited America the most and during the XVIII it was the period were more criollos were named Viceroys. You can keep sucking masonic cocks all day long but you should know that you are wrong and for the most part a retard

>He was trying to push his little theocratic utopian model so he made up a bunch of bullshit

wat

Yes, he wanted to evangelize everyone but saying those things aren't true is false. I'm not buying into the Leyenda Negra either, which means the spaniards came exclusively to kill natives.
Explain why I'm wrong then. The Conquistadores were the ones who ruled those colonies as autocrats and did a lot of shit. That's why the bourbonic reforms happened, faggit.
They were wrong in the long run but they fixed a lot of things. The colonies were governed by a bunch of spaniards who only came to loot. In fact, there was a war with them and Spain.

Remember that Pizarro was kind of the King of the Incan Empire since he defeated the Inca nobilty.

The Conquistadores only ''''ruled'''' for a very little while in the XVI right after the conquest and before the Crown took over setting up a proper administration. The Borbonic reforms were in the XVIII. Notice those 2 fucking centuries in between.

>Yes, he wanted to evangelize everyone but saying those things aren't true is false.
He made up things on purpose. You should actually inform yourself. You are looking like a retard. He wanted all the continent to be ruled by the church so he wanted to replace encomiendas to his own thing

They're responsible for spreading the manlet gene into the new world.

The Black Legend started off during the Dutch Rebellion, decades after the Conquistadores, and it was Orangist protestant propaganda to rally the people behind Maurice of Nassau against the Spanish, and what better way to do that than to demonize your enemy?. Especially at a time in which the political, economic and military position of the Orangists was pretty weak, almost desperate, and there was a high demand of silly goyim to throw themselves under the sword of the Spanish Tercios for free.

It was soon echoed and amplified by the English Regime under Bloody Elizabeth and his government of radicalized protestants that were running their own little Gestapo-style reign of terror against catholics and political dissenters in England, executing people left and right, including nobility and monarchs like the Count of Norfolk and Mary Queen of Scots, which was a shocker even for those times. The shitposting propaganda was later compilated and set in stone by english historiography as a pretty useful narrative under which justify the true foundations of the modern english post-elizabethan state.