PSA: potential btc halt

In 14.5 hours, Bitcoin difficulty will increase by about 8% (for the next 2016 blocks):
bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

In the meantime BCC miners have carefully reduced bcc difficulty to noe 13% of btc difficulty. With just another diff reduction it will reach 11%.

If prices stay where they are, or if bcc goes higher, this will end up making BCC more profitable to mine than bitcoin. If this happens, miners will switch to BCC, and the btc chain will be starved. Very slow congested blocks, moving your btc could be very slow and require super high fees.
As more miners switch over for profit, this could reach an extreme situation where the btc chain could even come to a complete halt.

I honestly how this will affect prices, if btc will crash while bcc rises. But I'm just warning you, if you're planning to move or sell some coins or do some operations, do it now before all hell breaks lose. The great mining war is about to start.

Other urls found in this thread:

globalhalo.com/2017/08/08/the-flippening-a-case-for-the-viability-of-bitcoin-cash/
fortune.com/2017/08/07/bitcoin-cash-bch-hard-fork-blockchain-usd-coinbase/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm going 50/50.
At 1/10th the price its seems like a good bet.

This doesn't sound very net neutral, I demand government intervention!

Why is it still crashing then...

Banking intervention?

what's crashing?

in 14 hours segwit gets achieved. this will make the chinks stop mining the way they are. in 1 month the difficult will drop off 50 percent. chinck will not be able to cheat anymore. also no more empty blocks mined

sounds like a good time for ltc to go up no trol
i'd reccomend buying into ltc boys

what do you mean make the chinks stop mining the way they are?

nah

Holy shit how many times are you going to post the exact same thing you fucking faggot?
Nobody in their right mind would abandon the original chain(and greatly harm themselves in the process) just because "more profitable mining lmao" when it's worth 10x and is not a chink FUD coin.
There are infinitely "more profitable" mining coins, they're called PoS. They could've abandoned BTC's PoW years ago if mining efficiency was the issue...

BCC chink faggot coin

yes?
with lightening swap coming in the next who fucking cares what the miners do, the only way to move btc will be through ltc unless you like waiting for 10 years

+ core said no 2x

they can mine a block 40 percent faster and 40 percent less power cost. they also mine empty blocks to making the back log of people waiting increase. hints why they are forcing the block increase. do you live under a rock? segwit will stop all of this

>chink miners ditch bitcoin
>core finally crushes the PoW bias
>BCC crashes again
>all those asics wasted

yes plox eplan

that's false, I know miners personally who are going to switch once the profitability changes.
There's a lot of miners who prefer big blocks, but they haven't switched yet, cause they are not rich enough or stupid enough, to mine at a loss of tens of thousands of dollars a day just to prove a point. That's why so far pretty much only the hong kong miner has been mining it.
Once the profitability changes, those miners will switch over.
Bitcoin unlimited had at least 40% miner support, remember? But most of those miners are still not gonna mine at a loss, they'd only switch over if its profitable.

It's profitable by just keeping the network alive. Less than a month ago BTC was worth $1800.
It might not be profitable on a daily basis, but long term it sure as hell is. Those miners have a shitton of BTC anyway.
Devaluing their own fortune makes no sense. Besides, nobody really cares about BCC.

>miners who prefer big blocks, but they haven't switched yet
>cause they are not rich enough
Everyone says big blocks are only attractive to rich chink miners? So how could the "poor" miners survive?
And that it would make Bitcoin even more centralized than it already is?

>Those miners have a shitton of BTC anyway.
yea but they have just as much BCC... much easier to make 10x gains on a coin worth a couple hundred $ than on one worth 3500.
Plus, when it's not profitable on a daily basis, then they can just buy instead of mining, and they would make the same return, with less cost, so that's not really the point.

>Everyone says big blocks are only attractive to rich chink miners? So how could the "poor" miners survive?
that's false though, the miners i know are medium to small size, and they still prefer big blocks. The rethoric that only big miners want big blocks is just Core propaganda. Storage space is inexpensive as fuck, plus, almost no one solo mines, people mine in pools, so they don't even need to download the blockchain on each miner.

>Those miners have a shitton of BTC anyway

Why did the coin dip to 1900 ???

good point...

Right, transaction delays were a major cause behind the last major dip. Bitcoin needed to change one way or the other, the hardfork was the end result of the related community contention.

This has always been the position for BCH. The second miners start fleeing from BTC is the second it all comes tumbling down very rapidly.

The network is already slow enough as is, losing miners will just exacerbate that and cause a runaway train effect. BCH price will rise and more miners will flee which will cause slower transactions which will lower BTC price which will cause more miners to flee, so on and so forth. Meanwhile BCH will chug along with 8 times the transactions per second.

If a bunch of people mine BCC, won't the difficulty go back up? And if enough people stop mining BTC, won't the difficulty of BTC adjust?

Bitcoin difficulty only adjusts every 2016 blocks, (about 14 days). This is why this is a strategic moment for the bcc fork.
In 13 hours, btc difficulty will be adjusted based on how much it was mined in the past 2016 blocks (it should go up by about 8%).
Now, the problem is, if miners leave btc, blocks will be slower, so even the difficulty adjustment will be slower. It's all a vicious cycle. If 50% of miners switch, blocks will take 20 minutes on average, and the next difficulty adjustment will be in a month. Some say that this situation would keep worsening, as people see the very slow transactions and higher fees, btc price goes down will more people buy into bch which would be faster and have lower fees instead.
In an extreme case, let's say 95% of miners switch to mining bcc cause it's more profitable, it would take almost a year to get to the next btc difficulty adjustment. This would mean that those miners would hypothetically have to mine at a loss for a year.

The asymmetry here is that BCC has a faster difficulty adjustment mechanism (which has already kicked in a few times), that lowers the difficulty if blocks are mined very slowly. Btc doesn't have this, so if a lot of miners switch over, the difficulty will still stay high.
Core may implement a hard fork to fix this, but it would deifnitely be a dire situation.

On a theoretical level, it is possible that the btc chain could come to a complete halt (while that's not possible with bcc cause the difficulty would go down). But that's an extreme of course

The reality is, transaction fees will increase to compensate which will keep some miners in the market long enough for most people to dump and flee. So the chain won't grind to a complete halt until everyone who cares gets out of it, though it will certainly collapse in value until it's worth so little miners don't bother, transaction fees be damned.

Yep, BTC will be the asteroid that kills off the dinosaur traders.

*BCC

Empty blocks are a meme and do nothing to decrease power usage and in fact increase it and mine it only marginally faster. Putting more transactions in a block does not increase how much power it takes to compute it in any significant way, that is an asinine assumption. RAM uses power whether there is data in it or not and all that is blown away by the sheer power usage of the asic anyway, which has no bearing on the number of transactions in the block its hashing.

There's an amount of time in between someone finding a block on the network and other miners downloading and validating that block. That time is normally downtime for a miner. Instead, they optimize that time by mining a block with a transaction they know will take place, the block reward. Then as it goes on, new transactions finally begin to come in and the miner takes those in and adds it to the block.

Even today empty blocks are few and far between because mining and blockchain optimizations has decreased that downtime/time without transactions to a negligible amount. Just last December people were raving about the lack of empty blocks on the chain because the algorithms have improved so much.

The empty blocks meme is simply more BlockStream propaganda to push SegWit.

Is there a possibility that so much mining power moves over to BCH that it causes the difficulty to skyrocket before the market has a chance to follow? In this case, BCC would become immediately unprofitable again, and the mining power would quickly move back to BTC before BCC has a chance to rise. This would lead to an unstable equilibrium where BCC blocks will alternate between phases of rapid mining and phases of deadlock. A coin with such an unstable block chain would quickly become undesirable in the market.and the miners who are mining at a loss during the "deadlock" phases would abandon it.

Can you shill any harder?

Can you provide any actual source for your claims or are you just gonna REEEE about muh China miners?

Miners will probably prevent this from happening but if... The legacy chain will sustain much more damage (and miners probably dont want to chrash this chain before the new chain is the main chain)

Bitcoin Cash had an upgrade to prevent sustained periods of unproffitability due to variation is haspower allocation.

it's gonna be wild op.

globalhalo.com/2017/08/08/the-flippening-a-case-for-the-viability-of-bitcoin-cash/

This is a really good thread. I am surprised.

A long read but its great ( at least in my echo chaimber)

For the rest: it doesn't hurt to think a bit out of the box and explore some different perspectives.

Isn't supposed to dump when normiebase releases their BCC for trading?
Why should I buy now?

It was supposed to dump several times before

Tfw i took profits at 2650euro, do i go back in now bois? I know im stupid

Well it did, didn't it?

>Roger is astroturfing Veeky Forums this fucking hard

You r/btc niggers are wasting your time, this place is full of poor NEETs. All you are doing is making the misfits here lose all their money on this shitty pump and dump,
Do not say I did not warn you anons.

no user! btc drop in price soon!
quick decision make yuo .
serr one hundreds thousands!

Well the money has to come from somewhere user :(

Hey guys, forget about me?

..p..please don't leave me
please respond

leave my NEET bros alone you disgusting pajeets:
fortune.com/2017/08/07/bitcoin-cash-bch-hard-fork-blockchain-usd-coinbase/

You are aware that it's going to be about the same difficulty no matter what happens and that it doesn't matter right?

The price is not dependent on the fucking mining profitably of a coin. If it was, BCH would be worth 0.

Also if too many miners switch and the price stays the same it would increase the difficulty and would not be profitable again.
MY GOD, WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? YOU REALLY HAVE TO GO BACK!

charlie lee is Bro-tier and any twats who poast FUD against him/LTC fails to recognize that LTC transfers go through fucking fast compared to BTC.

Also, LTC has not had a major red day since hitting $36-$38 range while everything else has been a crazy rollercoaster ride the past 30 days.

LTC is stable as hell and that's valuable for people who don't want to deal with trading in and out of various positions.

Don't try to argue with those retards, just let them lose money. It's thank to them if smart people can make a profit after all.

herro mister
bitcoin die soon
buy bitcoin cash fast

>it's about scaling """debate""" episode

Kys you dumb shills, nobody is going to convince anybody else on an indian street shitting forum