Christopher Columbus

Redpill me on Christopher Columbus. Is he as bad as they say he is? I've heard people claim he committed genocide, but I thought all he did was discover the New World.

Dindu nuffin

>redpill me on _____
stop using this word it makes you look like a newfag from /pol/, which you almost certainly are

Let me put Columbus into perspective, he was a man who lived during the time of the Spanish Inquisition and was arrested by Spain for cruelty, that's how fucked up he was. The precedent he set by exploiting (read mass enslavement, rape, and murder) the taino was actually far more important than his discovery of the Caribbean.

He was a Sephardic Jew. Keep that in mind next time (((someone))) claims he was white.

literally 0 evidence to support this, though some of his officers were indeed jews who had fled to portugal during the inquisition

>stop using this word
No. Fuck off, cunt.

Columbus first encountered a tribe covered in scars who told him they had been kidnapped and attacked by other tribes. A ship was wrecked so he had to leave some crew behind with them. He then encountered another tribe who he got into a scuffle with and shot lots of arrows.

One his 2nd voyage he discovered the crew left behind had been killed and the first tribe had been dispersed. This was when the violence began.

do what you want, but it does out you as an underage newfag who needs to return to his containment board

>He was a Sephardic Jew.

Close, he was Genoese.

Nigga. I was here when this board was first made. Half the people who first came here when the board was made were from /pol/.

then learn to contain your autism

While Columbus didn't commit anything quite as severe as genocide,
he was extremely cruel, disloyal and greedy and would use whatever means or station he possessed to advance his desires.

In a report by Francisco de Bobadilla, who succeeded Columbus as the governor of Hispaniola, allegations were made which
were corroborated by detractors and supporters (to varying degrees of course) that Columbus enforced a form of brutal indentured
servitude on natives and fellow Spaniards, would slice off hands, noses and ears for minor crimes, refused baptisms of natives
and would also line his own pockets to the detriment of the settlement and crown.

Also, he never set foot on the American continent (admittedly, perhaps due to his mission) and only got as far as the Dominican Republic and Haiti.

Fuck off. You clearly know nothing about the history of this board.

this imagine if a Mexican cartel was sent back in time with a bunch of pirate ships

>>redpill me on _____
>stop using this word it makes you look like a newfag from /pol/, which you almost certainly are

stop saying shit like this, it makes you look like a fag from reddit, which you almost certainly are

His intention in America was to create Genovese like explotation outputs to massively sell natives as slaves.If it wasn't for Cisneros manipulating the queen there would be like 5 million natives alive nowadays

>Spanish Inquisition
>Cruel
They were more just than most institutions of their time

>he never set foot on the American continent
He set foot on Venezuela most likely

You get a lot more faggot redditors on the less popular boards. It's intolerable.

He was arrested for being an incompetent, self-righteous, ambicious cunt that wanted huge amounts of moneys, honors and titles yet he was the shittest administrator ever and a shitty navigator that refused to acknowledged that all that discovered clay was indeed new clay instead of 'the Indies' even when it was obvious to everyone else.

Hahahahaha how sad

Not him, but no one cares about the history of a 1 year old board. The future of it is of much greater concern.

If all the alt-right /pol/ fucktards would keep their autism the fuck away from this board it could actually be a useful and interesting one instead of being a dumping ground for retarded conspiracy theories about jews.

He even couldn't manage the situation of the ship crews. If not for the Pinzon brothers the ships probably would never have arrived to America.

I actually like this board. Not nearly as many /pol/ threads as there used to be. Usually have 3 or 4 bookmarked threads a day

I mean, I don't hate it either, it's my second most visited board. But I think it could be so much better if the /pol/ fucks fucked off.

The whole website would be better if they left. Very spiteful peop and dead set in their ways. I'm not offended or anything but the derailing and all is just annoying. Imagine caring so much about something that it's all you talk about!

Tru

A slightly off-topic redpill just in case you're not already aware:
Europe had already been fully aware that the earth isn't flat centuries before he set sail, even calculating its approximate size.
The reason that everyone thought he was retarded wasn't because they thought he'd fall off the edge, but because he believed the earth was a lot smaller than it actually is, and that he'd easily reach asia without everyone dying of thirst/starvation or launching a mutiny.
People figured that the pacific and at atlantic were one giant empty ocean, because that was more logical than assuming there was two entire continents in the middle that they'd just never made contact with before (not counting Erikson and Co.)

What are you even talking about? Colon's plan was to create a massive income selling slaves.

Most people that know some history alredy know this.The flat earth meme is a mesopotamian thing.Greeks,Romans and the christian world always believed the earth was an sphere

The Spanish Inquisition was just, mr.Goldberg. Also the idea Columbus established "mass rape, enslavement and murder" is pure ignorance.

>the christian world

But the Bible says the Earth is flat.

>the Bible says the Earth is flat.
Where?
>inb4 Revelations 7:1
Brainlet