Which currency is actually anonymous?

Which currency is actually anonymous?

Dash
Zcash
Monero

I think Monero wins, right? But then why do the others even survive?

Other urls found in this thread:

z.cash/blog/cultivating-sapling-new-crypto-foundations.html
monero.how/how-does-monero-privacy-work
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

PIVX you shitdick

You are correct and will be rewarded in the afterlife.
Well done op.

>Which currency is actually anonymous?
Monero>pivx>>>>>>zcash>zcoin>>>>>>>>>dash
>why do the others even survive?
Because the market is not rational.

Ethereum with zkSnark

sounds good, thx

Monero is best, zcash not bad.

Dash is not a fukken privacy coin. It has other features that make it good.

Look at xvg, dipshits.
The only true anonymous coin

Also this guy rating pivx highly is retarded. It's a dash clone ATM. Maybe they'll implement some zerocoin stuff one day but for now it's dash but less proven

Dash is about governance not privacy

Dash is not anonymous, at all. It uses centralized masternodes for active mixing, this is a terrible idea. Also no one uses this feature.

Zcash is not anonymous, 99% of it. It requires 8GB of system memory to generate zkSNARKs transaction. No one does this, less than 1%. So few people using the anonymous feature reduces the anonymity for everyone.

Monero is the only coin that is anonymous _by requirement_.

thx

Good summary, thanks. So, zsnark is not that useful? Would Ethereum with zsnark overtake Monero?

Monero can't be number one with its dev haha... Pivx. Zero coin coming soon. Lots of room for mooning.

Monero is not anonymous, it's just harder to analyze its chain. People are so stupid.

why would anyone even consider or indulge a coin that doesnt even try to be anonymous?

There is nothing provably anonymous except zk-snarks, but that one requires trusted setup. So there is basically nothing usable at this moment.

>zsnark
I'm not a math PhD, which is what you need to talk about zkSNARKs. It's a relatively new thing in cryptocurrency implementation and is a different technology to RingCT of Monero.

Apparently there's huge resource requirements to generate them (8GB of free RAM), which basically makes it impossible to do on mobile devices or low-end computers. Also no exchange, mining pool or anything will generate zkSNARKs transactions on your behalf due to their extra resource requirements.

The fact zkSNARKs is optional is probably worse than the idea that zkSNARKs requires large amounts of system memory. If only the criminal transactions are zkSNARKs transactions then it makes blockchain analysis a real threat to them.

Also consider this from the vendors side, you don't want to harass your customers to "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TURN THIS OPTION ON, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT COMPUTER, PLEASE PLEASE". Guess what, most of your drug addicted customers will ignore your request and send you the coin however they can.

By telling your customer to use XMR you don't have to trust them to use clean coins, fresh wallet, or set the right options. If your client (or vendor) gets busted their wallet will not have your address. You have the peace of mind knowing "if this was a transaction internal to the XMR blockchain, it's safe, period." It reduces OPSEC requirements on both sides by automating it within the blockchain, again, by requirement.

You can clearly see the real world example in this image

This is the only correct answer

Harder as in "so hard it can't practically be done," yes.

Encryption doesn't do anything, it's just harder to analyze what's inside. People are so stupid.

Life isn't real, it's just a bunch of small dead matter put together that somehow makes things breathe

I bet you own PIVX

>Encryption doesn't do anything

Denarius of course.

The distinction between life and death is illusory. Everything is alive and nothing is dead

He was being sarcastic, to highlight the stupidity of

DEATH IS

A MEME

oh

Death is stagnation. Everything is always moving so how can it be dead? It is a meme

Genuine question to the montero haters in here: if it really is so broken, why haven't any of you world class trolls de-user'd fluffypony and show the world his holdings

That would really teach him a lesson

Cloakcoin is best stealth coin.

And you can stake cloakcoin when you have cloakcoins in your cloakwallet.

Uuuuhhhhhhhhh hmmmmm.... math phd's have proven monero unbreakable,
Or some fags on Veeky Forums want to dump their bags on someone... let me think who isn't lying here

That's my suspicion as well

All the "organic" verge hype in the last month must be from some pretty nervous bag fondlers

>tfw no one is interested in my Siberian Chevronets bags
I-it's stealthy AND Russian, that makes it double cool, r-right?

This

Isn't the long term plan that Ethereum goes PoS?

I'd never trust a PoS coin as being "anonymous". Let alone the shortcomings of zkSNARKs. Then again, I'd never trust a PoS coin to be used as a cryptocurrency.

SIGT you fucking retards all network activity through tor network already at 250+ nodes and its only 2800 sat you fucking no siggers

>the price of the coin is relevant to whether it's anonymous

Since when did everybody forget that tor was compromised?

this is basically a /g/ thread, you know, the origins of all this shit.

Its pivx asshole

this x 1000
btc was eth's proof of concept
shit coins are eth's test net
if vlad can do one thing right its copy and paste. eth is literally the "all the features!" coin

Monero.
All others are scams.

They forgot two extra sets of parentheses around "Ready for mainstream adoption"

Black bytes, a parte of byteball, is completely untraceable

You can run Monero on Tor and Korvi is a thing to add I2P functionality.

Verge obfuscates your IP by using Tor or I2P.

Good luck getting people to know how to send them in the first place.

What does this mean?

It makes the blockchain a lot more efficient by removing miners from the picture in exchange for trusting people who own most of the coins (sort of like the traditional banking system).

I mean, lets be honest, after Ethereum forked after the DAO hack it's sort of a joke to even call Ethereum a "immutable, decentralized currency" since it clearly had a centralized rollback of transactions.

I see, thank you

So with PoS, wealthy users will have more access to transaction information making it less anonymous?

PoS is not about anonymity, it's about immutability. Faked transactions can still be anonymous.

The only real coin that has implement zkSNARKs is ZCash and forks. ZCash involves a "trusted setup" which presents a similar concern over centralization (specifically the ZCash Corporation). I'm not sure if this trusted setup is by requirement, or just their implementation.

>public blockchain
>a good thing

The zkSnarks implementations in crypto right now are all trusted setup, which makes them all DOA in my opinion.

One of the xmr researchers is looking at whether there's a non trusted setup way of installing another zk style obfuscation that is worth a damn in monero (ring ct is considered a zero knowledge protocol as well)

This. For anonymity and value.

z.cash/blog/cultivating-sapling-new-crypto-foundations.html

Monero is dogshit. Its users IP can be traced. Pretty funny for an anonymous coin.

>what is Tor
>what is I2P (Korvi)

[citation needed]

Tbh Cloakcoin looks to be a solid PnD coin, but will never get widespread use cause of its stupid name.

What's bad about a public blockchain? Does that mean the code and things itself is public or the ledger only like btc?

lol retard nobody wants your shitty dogecoindark with dipshit devs

You literally only like it cause you probably put 10 bucks into it and at its low price you feel rich seeing thousands and thousands of dogecoindarks in your pathetic portfolio

What's so bad about verge? I'm confused. Not that poster btw

As a mid to long term target, we are optimistic that Monero can surpass the market capitalization of Bitcoin (the combined value of all coins in circulation). Frequently updated comparisons of the market caps of Bitcoin and Monero can be found on our homepage. In the short to mid term, we believe Monero should at least be able to quickly reach the status of the world’s #2 cryptocurrency (excluding Ethereum, whose primary purpose is not as currency).

Please remember, cryptocurrencies are currently extremely risky investments and our enthusiasm biases our reasoning. This essay does not constitute investment advice and may contain errors or omissions. Do your own thorough research before proceeding. Remember to diversify your investable assets. In no event should you allocate more than 1% of your liquid net worth into Monero, as this would leave you too exposed to volatility while Monero matures. If the price of Monero drops precipitously and this would spoil your day, then Monero is not for you at this time.

Note: The author of this article had no significant involvement with Monero prior to November 2016. Therefore the author’s enthusiasm for Monero has been established because of Monero’s merits rather than because of any long standing ties with the project. FACT

Nothing wrong in the sense that the devs will exit scam, it just doesn't have the privacy it likes to pretend it does.

Now the users and Dev team are insecure about that and are attacking xmr (just like zec had been doing for some time now).

Long run, it's a good thing. Competition will weed out the pretenders and the space will probably end up with 1 to 3 real user coins

Monero is a bit different that bitcoin about money supply.

Once the total number of moneroj will reach 18.3 million then money supply will stop decreasing and stay at a constant rate of 0.3 Monero per minute.

This is meant to provide incentive to secure the blockchain even after the 18.3 million coins will be distributed.

Note that it's a constant amount so it will be about 1% the first year and it will reduce every year but never reach 0.

Sell your house and take out a loan - buy XMR

monero.how/how-does-monero-privacy-work

What do you think would be the best then for security and lack of inflation ala the dollar? Monero every time I see people talk seems to be the go to with its scaling options after 18.3m and if you use vpn/tor/keep your shit secure it seems very private. What are the drawbacks of Monero? I'm finding little wrong with it, and with btc v bcc and btc looking less and less like an actual answer to usd maybe monero could be?

the largest drawback of monero is difficulty of use
thats it, once that hurdle is overcome by the user, it is the most secure crypto by far.

The biggest drawbacks to xmr right now are:

Ease of use (or lack thereof)
Blockchain bloat (anonymity is less efficient than transparency)
Scalability (dynamic blocksizes work so far, but there is a limit)

All of these issues are being addressed, and fixed soon (tm). Don't expect a roadmap or anything set in stone. A lot of the xmr code (and cryptonote in general) is reinventing the wheel as they see fit, so it's a bit slower going than btc clones

i think zcash survives because of the mining

There's no need to reply to Verge posters.

What about HUSH?