After ISIS

How will this saga end, and what will be the aftermath. I personally don't think they will be anihilated completely, because the Turks and Saudis will still promote proxies to counter Iranian expansion. I think an overall name change of the organization will be framed as a total defeat of.

I think no one has a clear plan for Syria at this point. The country is FUBAR and even if Assad leaves it will take decades to restore some peace and prosperity.

ISIS is not much of a threat like it was two or three years ago. They've been losing badly for some time and one decisive strike could finish them off. But no one wants that to happen for now, the foreign powers competing over Syria have a dishonest approach to whole story and ISIS is (still) a crucial part of their calculations.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just balkanized Syria in the end as some sort of compromise.

>How will this saga end, and what will be the aftermath.

um no sweetie

absolute state of kurds. they genocide the armenians and then claim their land.
kurds should never ever get their own country.

>kurds should never ever get their own country.
too bad your opinion means jack shit and the vote of independence is set for September.

It's doubtful that ISIS is long for this world. There are and will be salafi groups that will be pointed at Iran and other groups by the Turks and Saudis, but ISIS is an enemy of both these countries. They're enemies with pretty much everyone, actually.

Basically. Does anyone at all really have a roadmap for postwar Syria? The country is fucked. Even Balkanization is fraught with impossibilities.

Secretly the Turks and Saudis are in bed with Isis and would much prefer them over Iranians on thier doorstep. Turks won't allow a Kurdish state. This is the most complex conflict in modern history.

That was 2016.

Saudis are now in bed with Kurds while Turkey has joined team Iran-Russia thanks to the US for sending weapons to the YPG, but still support Barzani.
Everyone is abandoning ISIS, like a used up whore that did its part but has no further use.

Kurds are the new hot thing in the ME.

>Secretly the Turks and Saudis are in bed with Isis

What? Saudis are in bed with Jaysh al-Islam and Turks are in bed with Ahrar al-Sham. ISIS fights against both of these organizations

>and would much prefer them over Iranians on thier doorstep.

Turks will probably become closer to Iran than to Saudi Arabia in the future, just like Qatar.

>inb4 it's bombed

Best end

YASSSSSSSSSSSS

>one decisive strike could finish them off.
thats not how the middle east works m8.

too bad your vote of independence means nothing and you STILL won't have a country

ISIS is just beginning.

Beging of what? The apocalypse?

The razing of The Great Mosque of al-Nuri was a symbolic act. To destroy the mosque means to purge the old in preparation for a fresh clean slate in a post-apocalyptic Muslim-Dominated world. ISIS has proven they can not only challenge apostates in the Muslim world, but eliminate Christianity in places where they are present (All Mosul Christians have fled or have been killed). Since they've lost their parastate in Iraq and The Levantine, they have shown they can refocus efforts across the globe (Philippines for example). ISIS isn't going anywhere for a long time and I believe they will only increase their activities outside the Islamic world.

>Syria is a very important country in the Middle East and destabilizing Syria would have repercussions far beyond its borders
Sergei Lavrov, 2 June 2011

I like Assyrians but that is one ugly as fuck flag.

>Napoleon's army being decimated was symbolic. The French proved they can not only subjugate nations but destroy cities (No Russian lived in Moscow after it was burned), escape from exile was proof he could refocus efforts across Europe

There's a version without the emblem and maybe different proportions.

Once they lose all their actual clay it will be difficult for them to organize the things they've been doing. Much of the network and organization skills will be destroyed and they will be like Al-Qaeda after they got kicked out of Afghanistan.

Sporadic terrorist attacks and insurgencies will be their future. Although more such than Al-Qaeda did since ISIS actually have greater recognition among the worlds extremists than Al-Qaeda ever had.

For the things you're talking about an actual central-hub is needed, which have semi-decent stability and infrastructure, all of which they are losing in Iraq/Syria.

We're gonna be seeing alot of terrorist attacks and the occational insurgency like in Philippines.

Isis will continue to exist as terror group. They will just go back doing hit and runs and ied bombings

isis will collapse and its remaining operatives will join al-qeada since it will soon by ran by hamza bin laden