My take on Hell

God is omniscient, so he should be an idealist. If there is Divine Justice, it will be the Christian Hell. Hear me out :

Sin is destruction of God's will. According to the dictates of justice(where like begets like to restore equilibrium to a system), the sinner should likewise be destroyed. The destruction should be complete. How do you destroy a human being? You do so with pain, the dissonance of the soul. It should be maximum pain, as if all pain signals were sent to every body part to the fullest degree. This absolute torture is perfect in its idealism. It fulfills the idea of destruction which is implied by justice.

So basically, the time you spend sinning, would be equal to the time you spend in hell. (WIth the most difficult demons to conquer being lust and greed.)

Of course, God offers a way out of justice while still fulfilling it, with the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. However, to just forgive everything would be supporting crime (which is a lack of valor). He rectifies this by making unrepentant sinners be held accountable for their crimes.

If one understands the idealism that should exist in a divine system of retribution, surely all signs point to Christianity. What are the chances that Jesus just guessed and got it right?

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into Gehenna : Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yfKUKqbS7nw
youtu.be/PQmthhvT3Xo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wtf I love Christianity now

sin as a act is a act that takes you away 'from god' away from what and how you could be, sin is about disjunction, separation, from a complete functional state

the suffering is a result, sin is its own punishment

>Sin is destruction of God's will.

Impossible since god is omnipotent.

>According to the dictates of justice(where like begets like to restore equilibrium to a system)

This is not the dictate of justice.

>the sinner should likewise be destroyed

Except that's not what Hell is, hell is about torture for the sake of torture, it serve literally no possible purpose beyond simple sadism.

>If there is Divine Justice, it will be the Christian Hell

Little loui, since you were born everybody despised you, hated you, spat on you, and NBODY TAUGHT YOU ABOUT JESUS.

Die in hell after a life of hell.

This is bullshit, justice is a human concept.

>>Sin is destruction of God's will.
>Impossible since god is omnipotent.

Sin is disobedience to God, which surely harms His desires. Same thing.

>God is omnibenvolent
>He wants to torture you to maintain an arbitrary balance.

If god is omnipotent then he has control over everyone and everything, if you are "sinning" it must be because god wants you to sin.

If you are able to sin against god's wishes then he must not be omnipotent.

Better to throw away these imaginary impossible paradox constructs than base your entire life around trying to resolve them (much less rant about them in public).

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

>he has never read The Holy Bible.
It shows.

8 “The master commended the dishonest manager because he had acted shrewdly. For the people of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than are the people of the light. 9 I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

It is one thing manipulating wealth to fulfill a spiritual mission, and another just amassing wealth for selfish pleasure.

"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

"For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."

We are biologically programmed to follow pleasure and avoid pain so naturally indoctrinators cranked up the punishment for disobedience and the reward of obedience to maximum.

3 He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, and those who were with him: 4 how he entered the house of God and ate the bread of the Presence, which it was not lawful for him to eat nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests?

It requires more faith to think that the universe popped out of nothing out of coincidence and that out of coincidence arranged itself so life was compatible and that out of coincidence matter evolved to life and that out of coincidence this life evolved in a race against all odds until being what we know now.

I salute you, you have the faith of an insane lunatic, I doubt you are even sane.

What's not sane is spending your life obsessed with imaginary otherworldly tortures for random strangers.

Being omnipotent means God can control everything, not that he does. He still lets us make choices.

Who even knows, it's all hypothetical thought experiements.

>sin is a destruction of God's will
False. Romans 9:
10 Not only that, but Rebekah’s children were conceived at the same time by our father Isaac. 11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d] 13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?

>god hates people and creates some of them specifically to fuck with them so that the ones he spares from his wrath will be put on notice

cool religion ya got there
totally not barbaric and sociopathic at all

I'm an atheist, just using his own bible to prove him wrong

>HURR my sky wizard loves us and knows exactly what we will do that will damn us to hell forever, but he "chooses" to let us suffer forever" because love!

No wonder you ""people"" are such filth.

Ah ok, Poe's law and all

You can't argue free will. Predestination is the only rational explanation.

>performs extensive exegesis of scripture
>what are the chances...

Fug off

Here's a pantheist or panpsychic take on Howard Storm's near-death experience.
youtu.be/yfKUKqbS7nw
youtu.be/PQmthhvT3Xo

I just believe in the Gospel without the old testament or rest of the new testament.
Come at me bro.

>HURR

You are a joke.

You cannot reconcile the idea of an eternal punishment with a loving God. However, purgatory or a kind of hell where you can get out if you truly repent and realize what you did wrong, or just after serving your term, even if it's after a gorillion years, sounds more in line.

"For I will give you speech and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict."

>DURR

Like I said, a joke.

Do you believe in faith alone or good works?

You need faith and have to be a good person to get into heaven is what it would seem to be what Jesus taught.

I also give priority to the gospel of Mark and after that Matthew. I don't have a problem with any other epistles or NT books where they aren't in disagreement with these beginning gospels. It's hypocritical how previously overlooked writings which were considered spurious have become the focal point of debate between Catholics and Protestants alike.

Since all Christians sin, what is the sin threshold that sends Christians to hell? Or can they just ask for forgiveness?

You can sin and then repent.

"And so I tell you, every kind of sin and slander can be forgiven"

But, also I think it is a difficult path to travel.

"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."

My god you fucks take everything literaly

Hell, like heaven, are both atainable only during life, as after death the material world is left and as such all material matters, like pain, dissolve.

They're metaphorical.
Those who sinned (went against spirituality to fullfill earthly desire) shall know no more than what they already have had and so will reincarnate (be recycled) into what filled their lives -ie material shits, be it objects of suffering and other

Since disbelief is a sin, which is our nature, then why can't atheists be forgiven?

It's not justice if sin is our nature. If we truly had free will, why do Christians still sin? Shouldn't they avoid it at all costs? They don't, because that's how God created us. Read

OP how can one be tortured for "sinning" if there is no objective universal form of sin.
Reprimanding someone for something they truly do not regard as sin and is based in subjectivity is unjust.
In order for god to operate as an ideal court of justice there has to be an accepted form of law, which is certainly not the case for mankind.

No it doesn't, you typical passive aggressive christard faggot.