Sounds too good to be true. Where's the catch?

Sounds too good to be true. Where's the catch?

Other urls found in this thread:

ethermine.org/miners/91257ecb295c0d86c248d3fb10d2fe2e3393baa1/payouts
ethermine.org/miners/58801ebec6685d0d5461a30999fa5df91549a59e/payouts
etherscan.io/token/0x5a30b9d5df526e3ff1517497a8fae401fb28a712
reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6shx8w/worlds_first_community_funded_owned_mining_farm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

From the site:

"A small percentage of the daily mining profits will be held in order to pay for expenses such as:
Electricity, insurance, internet, maintenance, rent*.
Maintenance includes saving for inevitable miner repair & upgrades.
This is how your investment will continue to mine forever."

Soo how much hashing power do you get per seed?

According to their example, you will get a percentage of the total farm's hashing power.
That percentage is exactly the amount of SEED you own vs the total SEED supply.

Seems a legit guy to hand money over to

But can they realistically make $600 a day from mining?

This farm here:
ethermine.org/miners/91257ecb295c0d86c248d3fb10d2fe2e3393baa1/payouts

makes over $4,000 a day.

So yes, it is possible.
Just need enough mining rigs.

Sorry, wrong link:
ethermine.org/miners/58801ebec6685d0d5461a30999fa5df91549a59e/payouts

lol, the smart contract address is in the websites source code
pic related

How did no one have the token name SEED before this?
It is their's, the contract and token is legit on etherscan.io:
etherscan.io/token/0x5a30b9d5df526e3ff1517497a8fae401fb28a712

I could throw an eth or two at this

If they do what they promise, maybe more

Basically equity in crypto mining op

Exactly.

Free fucking ethereum daily? Holy shit I'm throwing in 3400$ at this

These people will get all the money I can afford to give.

Not "free" until you earn your investment back.
Then it will be free. lol

Having liquid money is pointless. I'd rather own shares or crypto or anything else except cash.

Cash is shit, so are houses, cars, electronics, ...

If you get anything more then the cheapest solution you might as well burn your money.

Goal for me is each month to spend me entire paycheck into ethereum tokens that generate dividents. And the reinvest that money.

That's how you make money. Think in ROI not amount of money.

interesting. basically a PoS coin that actually pays with work. Kind of cool, think I'll throw an ether or two in.

Basically, yes.

What really sets this coin apart is the rate at which you get your money back.

Suppose you get around 1% of your money back daily and you put that back in straight away.

After a month you would earn 30% more daily. 1.01 ^ 30 => 134%.

What really separates this one from the rest is the DAILY payment which allows for a much, much faster growth of your investment if you keep putting it back in.

All other coins only pay every 3 months or so and in doing so they are stealing your interest.

So like, how much hash power/daily return would 10000 tokens get? Will it fluctuate or is it set permanently.

Hashing power stays the same.

Not sure

How will the upcoming PoS implementation for ethereum affect how dividends are paid out?

They payouts will work the same.
PoS will just stop the ability to mine ethereum.
PoWFarm will mine something else at that time and still payout in ETH that you can then sell.

There will always be stuff to mine I would not worry to much about it.

This is fucking fantastic.

Did these guys already buy the GPUS for the farm? GPUS have gotten hella expensive lately. If they don't already have the GPUs it's going to take longer to become profitable.

They bought a lot back in March before the boom.

But they will buy other miners too, like Antminer L3+ and such.

reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6shx8w/worlds_first_community_funded_owned_mining_farm/

I agree.
Gonna go in on this on the 12th.

LOL they want to mine in the US, where electricity costs and rent are fucking insane.

Pennies if the operation goes viral.

>own hashing power forever
>ignore the fact that your 1GH/sec which is virtually worthless now will be literally worthless by next year

>Total Community Fund: $30,000 (total fund before) + $175(Bob) + $700(Sarah) = $30,875.

>Today's mining proceeds after retainer: $600 USD worth

Jesus christ, they're either delusional or intentionally tricking idiots into giving them money.

Is there any point in even owning a mining rig this days?

I notice there's also no mention of who's going to maintain this. Mining farm maintenance is a full time job for 3+ people, all of whom want salaries.

If you're lucky, these guys will only pocket half the funds, dump the rest in a cloud mining scam site, and send you your weekly penny.

will these seeds also be tradeble, so they get money after getting investment back?

The farm isn't just going to mine ETH.
If the operation gets enough funding, the maintainers "salaries" will be tiny in comparison.

Redpill me on using gas for the ico

A GTX 1060 card currently goes for around $300. If I put $300 worth of ETH in this farm it should generate about $1.60 per day in mining proceeds because that's what a 1060 will currently produce. The question is how much of that $1.60 I will receive after mining expenses are deducted.

>You will receive a percentage of the daily mining proceeds based on your percentage "stake" (in USD) against the total community fund (in USD).
>As the community fund gets higher, the daily mining proceeds will rise proportionally. Even though your initial "stake" will become lower, your daily proceeds will stay the same because everything is based on percentages.

"everything is based on percentages" huh... it seems to me that the more people join the less money everyone makes.

Why that kenneth George nigga look so familiar?

What other project was he on, saw that pic on another ico recentely.

>"everything is based on percentages" huh... it seems to me that the more people join the less money everyone makes.

why if they tack on new hardware for every new investor??

You can be making the same amount of $ from a smaller percentage of a bigger pool...

im just going off of what theyre writing. if that is how it will work then they will have to write that.

I've looked into all recent icos, I've never seen him