Cryptobubble

How do you short cryptocurrencies?

I'm willing to bet thousands of dollars that they are all severely over-inflated right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptowat.ch/okcoin/btcusd-quarterly-futures
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everyone knows they are inflated but no one knows when the bubble will blow. It's the timing of the bubble that's difficult. Even that Big Short nigga wasn't the only one with that idea. A ton of other dudes did and they got burnt because they timed it wrong.

You didn't answer my question.

ITS FIAT THAT IS IN A BUBBLE. WAIT 2 MONTHS AND SEE. NORMIE WAVE INCOMING

You can try and contact an OTC dealer and see if anyone is willing to take the other side of a 1 year put option on BTC. But this will likely require a few million dollars and a fucking hell of a premium

google it margin genius

That isn't what this thread is about.

This thread is about the mechanics of shorting cryptocurrencies. Whether or not shorting cryptocurriencies is a good idea is another thread.

Any major exchange lets you do it. Bitfinex, Poloniex, heck Bitmex lets you margine trade 100x. Pick your poison.

>USD in a bubble
>2 months later, bubble pops and 1 USD is now worth 0 USD
>no wait a minute, 1 USD is still worth 1 USD, and still buys you the same amount of beard after the burst
Only geniuses on Veeky Forums

oh ok gotcha its just hard to know that since you told everyone how retarded you are in the second sentence of the OP

We are the early adopters

Stop derailing this thread.

how much USD to get a beard like this?

Deribit or Bitmex. Deribit only has Bitcoin now, but they also have options. Bitmex has other major alts, but they only have futures, no options. I'm sure there's others exchanges where you can short but these are the ones I use

1 USD will you buy you less now than it did 2 years ago. So whats your argument?

Whatever the cost of the testosterone and hair growth pills are, so probably $100 USD, or in bit coin """"""money"""""" anywhere from .025 to .035 BTC, depending on the sentiment of the BTC """"""investors""""" are that day

Not an argument, since TIPS exist. No such alternative for crypto. Once again crypto BTFO

Thank you.

>deluded himself into believing he has the knowledge and understanding to analyze and predict a crypto bubble
>can't figure out how to short it himself

wew lad, this should end well for you

I'm a trust fund baby. I inherited a shitload of money, but my fund will only allow me to spend 60% of the interest it generates. I'm prohibited by the conditions of my grandfather's will from withdrawing money from the principle.

I'll never be poor.

Just go to poloniex.

but you'll always be stupid

What you do is go to the bank, get a big cash withdrawal. Then find a gas station and buy a lighter and some gasoline. Now pour the gasoline over the cash and set it on fire with the lighter. It's not QUITE the same as shorting crypto but you should get the same result.

I believe you're conflating ignorance with stupidity. I don't believe it's necessary to state that I'm ignorant of this subject, but I have money to play with and betting on this seems like it will be fun.

Open futures trading account @Okcoin.
Found account with BTC (don't know if you can also use Fiat). They will give you up to 20 to 1 leverage shorting BTC futures. Probably also possible at other players like Bitmex etc.
cryptowat.ch/okcoin/btcusd-quarterly-futures

Not sure how the current situation is. I got burned and lost 37% of my money shorting BTC last Christmas.

No, shorting a market on a massive bull-run is stupid.
Shorting a market that you are ignorant of is also stupid.

Far be it from me to stop you though. We can't keep making money unless fresh blood enters the market and trust fund babies are the perfect fuel.

Cool.

Just so we're clear, I don't expect to make any money doing this. I don't see any difference between what I'm about to do and betting the same amount of money shooting dice in Vegas.

It's just for fun.

You'd do far better going long over the next 6 months. BTC segwit lock in and ETH resurgence injects a massive amount of bullish confidence back into the market that will drive most alts hard.
Crypto isn't like traditional equities, it's markets are open 24/7 and traditional market cycles play out over months instead of years. We just had our bear market that lasted 3 months that saw a 60% retrace. We're at the start of a new bull cycle and shorting now is a terrible idea.

It's also more fun and healthy to be cheering the market on as a whole and joining in everyone else's exuberance than to be sitting there wishing doom on everything.

If you don't understand anything about trading cryptocurrency, you'd be better off starting with a couple BTC and spreading it over a few shit coins
Get the hang of it before you decide to just hop in a bet against the market
Side question, how big a Trust fund? Over $20M

Stop telling user how to live his life you splerg Lord.

>short bitcoin
>it moons to 500k
>you're now millions in debt

>t. Boomer
Get off this website gramps.