ACTIVE MANAGEMENT VS PASSIVE MANAGEMENT

which one is better?
which one will make you rich?
which one has less risk overall?

discuss.

why dont you google it stupid faggot

passive investing is better because you don't have to pay retarded fees that add up over years and because you get higher returns on average

depends on your level of economic understand, and emotional control .

most ppl will be the ladder

Both, if you have the money. Indexing can be made safer through proper bond allocation, but I'd like to have some peace of mind holding some of my money in active funds, in case there is a significant market correction.

If you don't have huge cash sums in the market, and are just adding to it over your lifetime, then indexing is fine for you. Anything that comes to beating inflation is good.

*comes close to

oh you meant managed by someone else.

sorry . yes. passive for sure.

idk if OP actually meant funds either, just those terms are usually synonymous with types of funds

>Indexing can be made safer through proper bond allocation

it doesn't need to be 'safer', unless you're close to retirement.

I'm not going to say how much money I deal with in the market, but if you were in my situation, you wouldn't bet on anything be guaranteed.

Passive is better because most people are retards, myself included.

My 401k is split between 8 ETFs. It's made 9% annually.

My Robinhood account has lost money for 2 years straight.

dude pull out.

>I will NEVER fuck some hot sassy blonde chica after a good jog around the block right between her big firm athletic tits and unload as her full lips are around me

There's something about that chick OP.

Might be a rare 10.

passive investing

source: i work in finance

it is alexis ren, hot girl indeedo :)

Active.

Most people aren't willing to put the time and effort into learning how to manage their own money properly.

There's very little decent financial education in school and it's in the financial services industries interest to spread fear that you can't possibly do it yourself so they can actively manage it for you.

did you mistype passive or something

how many magacoin do i need to place penor inside?

No. Even the name is a giveaway. When in life has anything passive been better than something active. Active is where all the real opportunity is.

If anyone here is genuinely interested in learning how to manage their own money then Tastytrade is the place to check out. They are specifically geared towards the retail investors and traders like us and they have live shows 8 hours a day while the markets are open.

Can't recommend them enough. I understand 100x more than I did 18 months ago.

>When in life has anything passive been better than something active. Active is where all the real opportunity is.

But the vast majority of funds do not beat the market. Especially when you take fees into account.

Couple of things. I do have money passively invested in active funds. Active managers manage the fund but I am passive. I also have money in passive index funds, which is what I think you're talking about. And they are both beating their benchmarks right now. So saying none of them beat the market is not correct at all.

I also actively manage my own money daily live in the markets as a Tasty Trader.

Passive

Some analysis of ASX active versus managed Fu D's found the passives did better even without fees.

Don't ask for sauce, do this

the only reason active funds can sometimes outperform during bear markets is because they're holding a large amount of plain cash

you can do the same exact thing without them

9% annualy because the stock market has been on a bull market from 2009 , what will happen in the next crash

theres two investors. those that know they cant beat the market and those that dont know they cant beat the market