Who else finds Islam psychologically fascinating ?

Who else finds Islam psychologically fascinating ?

I mean it turns converts from normal people into blood thirsty fanatics, and I don't think I ever met as muslim that couldn't be diagnosed with some psychiatric problem like NPD, BPD or PTSD.

It's a perfect religion for war, conquest and pillaging, yet it has just enough lawfulness, virtuousness and stability to maintain powerful societies and cultures working for centuries.

Has any culture ever managed to do achieve such a perfect balance of savagery and lawfulness ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo
youtube.com/watch?v=1kXIO7HcdX8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's interesting to judge religions like this.

>It's a perfect religion for war, conquest and pillaging, yet it has just enough lawfulness, virtuousness and stability
A successful army needs both. Discipline among combatants of the same side, rapepillageburn for everybody else.
>to maintain powerful societies and cultures working for centuries.
Muslims warring against each other before even the standardization of the Qur'an shows this is not the case.
>Has any culture ever managed to do achieve such a perfect balance of savagery and lawfulness ?
Yes, and the answer is any. As in any other. If Islam worked as well as advertised it, it'd rule the world, but this is not the case.

Christianity before the modern era? These days there's very few Christians that's actually religious. If you find a married Christian girl, she's probably up for cheating.

Its creator was a war lord who spend his life conquering stuff.

Christianity was started by a hippie.

Ancient Rome.

>mean it turns converts from normal people into blood thirsty fanatics
>I don't think I ever met as muslim that couldn't be diagnosed with some psychiatric problem
Doesn't sound like you've met a lot of Muslims. Go see the Muslims in Bosnia or Indonesia. Islamic terrorism is motivated by a political ideology and draws recruits from young men who are stupid, impoverished and/or mentally ill.

But Christianity didn't tell it's followers to wage war. The waging war part was a decision of the followers and many times the justifications like "Deus Vult" was something made up, not written in the texts.

Many civilizations did the same thing, but how many did it for religious reasons ? How many had divine instructions to conquer the world and how to treat x and y ethnicities ? How many were following a dogmatic guidebook that can not be altered ever ?

I've dated a Turkish girl and got aquainted with her family and friends. These are the "secular modern" muslims. At first they seem pretty normal, until you start getting close to them and see how many irrational things they do out of cultural norms that come from their religion.

Emotional and physical abuse is pretty normal for muslims, and they don't see anything wrong with it.

>Emotional and physical abuse is pretty normal for muslims, and they don't see anything wrong with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bwDrHqNZ9lo

>irrational things they do out of cultural norms that come from their religion.
Such as? Methinks you're just experiencing culture shock.

>Emotional and physical abuse is pretty normal for muslims
Have you ever seen a turkish soap opera?
The first episode always has a woman getting the shit beat out of her as an introduction to the story.

It's also aesthetically pleasing in it's own way.

>tfw the middle guy is dead
>tfw everyone in that picture is probably dead by now

>how many did it for religious reasons ?
Religion is the means, not the end.
>How many were following a dogmatic guidebook that can not be altered ever ?
If that were the case, it would be a weakness, but what matters is the intepretation, and that gets altered quite a lot.

If religious texts didn't contain only incomplete and conflicting information that would allow communities to come up with all manner of interpretations of the "eternal" to suit their contingent political needs of the day, they would discard them and come up with better ones.

GO AWAY, ZIONIST SUBHUMAN.

That's one show and it's based around rape and how disgusting it is for anyone to ever blame a woman of rape, if anything that show is pretty damn progressive for the east or west.

Dated a Turkish girl once and I didn't experience anything out of the ordinary.

>this meme again

Good

So does Girl with the Dragon Tattoo tbf

>the "Christ was actually a violent extremist who advocated war against all other religions, because he tipped over some tables once" guy is back

>implying most of the westerners who ran off to join IS and other jihadist groups over the years aren't/weren't middle class with university educations

This. I had to do surveys on known terrorist targets in Afghanistan and most of the terrorists are well educated and fairly wealthy (for Afghan standards) and a lot of them come from the big cities.

No joke they all have this weird idea of justice. They're not to much different then these new age college students in the West. The only difference is one hasn't been as violent as the other yet.

Explaining the difference between Christianity and Islam by comparing Jesus and Muhammed is retarded because Islam doesn't say that Muhammed was better than Jesus. In fact, Islam says that Muslims should emulate Jesus as well, and the Biblical Jesus has essentially the same character as the Quranic Jesus.

>Has any culture ever managed to do achieve such a perfect balance of savagery and lawfulness ?
Christianity

>666
What did OP mean by ?

Not questioning the authenticity of your statement, I'm just curious. Why were you doing surveys on such people, and how were these surveys conducted? That sounds like really interesting work.

>I mean it turns converts from normal people into blood thirsty fanatics
It doesn't

>maintain powerful societies and cultures working for centuries.
Nigga the Abbasids literally crumbled apart

I would say that the quranic jesus is even more of an hippie than the biblical one

I was deployed in 2011/12 (usmc infantry) and was stationed on a small base that held and investigated Afghan individuals.

You'd also be surprised how many ways they spell Mohammed, it was pretty funny.

Any cool stories to tell ?

Google "Saudi Arabia".

>perfect balance
Yeah, maybe for the second half of the 1st millennium. Nowadays the scale is tipped towards savagery.

name a significant contribution to mankind in the last 300 years from a muslim from an islamic nation

I almost got brainwashed into joining ISIS by listening to that oddly hipnotic naashed music. Also nice trips satan

>Cat Stevens
>"peace and love man"
>Yusuf Islam
>"immolate Salman Rushdie"

Mohammad Abdus Salam made significant contributions to the theory of the unified weak and electromagnetic interaction between elementary particles

Ahmed Zewail made significant contributions to the studies of the transition states of chemical reactions using femtosecond spectroscopy

Rashid Sunyaev Sunyaev developed the theory for the evolution of density fluctuations in the early universe. He has collaborated in important studies of the early universe, including the recombination of hydrogen and the formation of the cosmic microwave background radiation.

Aziz Sancar made important contributions to the mechanistic studies of DNA repair

Omar M. Yaghi is known for work in the design and production of new classes of compounds known as metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), zeolitic imidazolate frameworks (ZIFs), and covalent organic frameworks (COFs)

Mahbub ul Haq developed Human Development Index and founded Human Development Report. He also made significant contributions to game theory.

Muhammad Yunus has pioneered the concepts of microcredit and microfinance.

Masatoşi Gündüz İkeda made important contributions to algebraic number theory

Kerim Kerimov was a founder Soviet space program, as well as a lead architect behind first human spaceflight (Vostok 1) and the first space stations (Salyut and Mir).

So far I have only mention Muslims who were born in the last century.

Nonsense they make up completely different narrative about jesus. They claim jesuses teachings are completely the same as muhammeds and that christians have just corrupted the message. Their jesus has nothing in common with christian jesus whos teachings are completely opposite of muhammes war mongering.

actually alot (most) jihadis come from rich or middle class backgrounds. They're usually well educated too. There is no evidence to suggest that most members of terror organisations are mentally ill either. Islamic terrorism is just that, terrorism based on islam, not a political ideology. Terrorism was even practiced by muhammed and his followers, and is prescribed to muslims in the qu'ran

>he thinks bosnian muslims aren't violent

thats cute

such as beating the shit out of women and kids?

W H I T E S H A R I A

To be fair, we know a lot more about Muhammad than we do about Jesus, supposing he even existed

Except Quranic Jesus isn't the central figure of the Quran, Muhammed is, and Muhammed's message overall is much more "kill all the women from the defeated tribes", like Old testament shit.

No, it doesn't rule the world, don't confuse the world with the Democratic Party in the US

>I don't think I ever met as muslim that couldn't be diagnosed with some psychiatric problem like NPD, BPD or PTSD.
I've met several at unit and they're not much different from anyone else though their families are conservative.

>I've dated a Turkish girl and got aquainted with her family and friends. These are the "secular modern" muslims. At first they seem pretty normal, until you start getting close to them and see how many irrational things they do out of cultural norms that come from their religion
larp.

>Jesus, supposing he even existed
This meme again.

t. Serbian subhuman

>Muhammed's message overall is much more "kill all the women from the defeated tribes"

Islam explicitly prohibits the killing of innocent women. According to all major schools of Islamic jurisprudence, you can kill a woman only if she either takes a direct part in an armed conflict against Muslims or commits any of the crimes which are punishable by death in Sharia (such as murder, for example)

Typical American scum, sticking your nose where it doesn't belong just so as to distract your people from the president getting a blowjob from a jew

> Islam doesn't allow the killing of innocents.

Problem is, Islam condemns anyone who isn't a Muslim as a hypocrite, and what is the penalty for that?

The only reason that Christianity was non-violent was because the Romans stamped out any and all revolts.

If the religion had emerged in the same situation as Islam, in a decentralised, chaotic region just begging for unification then it would have been violent.

But even then Christianity has been plenty violent regardless, the Crusades in the Near East, the Baltic, Spain etc.

>what is the penalty for that?

None during your lifetime, hell after you die

youtube.com/watch?v=1kXIO7HcdX8

He is right

t. larp faggot who faps to traps