Children's Crusade

So this is an event that supposedly took place in 1212 at behest of the pope who believed only the pure could retake the holy land. Regardless of the accuracy this event is described with think of the poor professional soldiers having to slaughter a crusades worth of children.
>Be a soldier following your lord/sultan
>Pay is good but work is dangerous
>Suddenly children are invading your lands
>Wat.jpg
>Commanded to defend against them
>Oh god all this children's blood, it's everywhere. Oh god make it stop they just keep coming. Why do they keep coming, I've killed so many of them. Please end this
>Feel dead on the inside but not hurt on outside because fighting children

What do you think this event was like Veeky Forums?

They didn't even make it to the Holy Land, the story goes they all got sold as slaves or died in Tunisia

that isn't entirely true, we kept the good looking ones for ourselves

Ok. How brutal is it to put an entire crusades worth of kids to the sword or chain? Would you feel like a god as you walked through their ranks swinging a broadsword or would you feel just dead on the inside lopping off their heads?

They weren't a fighting movement, they only proselytized assuming that Muslims would suddenly realize the error of their ways. Why are you so obsessed with the killing of children?

because it fucking happened

But it didn't, even the edgiest legends about it say they starved to death or died in a shipwreck, there is not a single account of them dying in battle

Are you autistic? Did you read about this on Cracked or something?

It didn't. Those kids weren't armed and they weren't warriors, the muslims didn't need to fight them. All they had to do was to take them as slaves, the children had no way to resist.

LET ME DREAM. Say they did enter a battle. I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge of this crusade doesn't really go beyond the basics of the forming and reason behind it. I just want to hear what other people's takes on the possibility of such an event would be. Could you, would you be able to kill these kids if ordered?

I imagine there was resistance... at first.

Are you into pedo snuff or something?

Answer the question. Stop dodging it.

There was no fighting, the whole thing was just a way for the Pope to make some cash off of the Islamic slave trade.

Why would you need to kill unarmoured and unarmed children? Just dropkick them

What if a lil kid was walking and and and a big sword guy camed and sliced him and he died haha

>LET ME DREAM
Go on Veeky Forums for that

Wether they resisted or not doesn't matter since the resistance a child wouldn't be a threat to an adult soldier. At worst he can smack the child or beat him with a stick.
>Children's Crusade
>Slaughter of children
>What do you think this event was like Veeky Forums?
>There was no slaughter.
>STOP DODGING THE QUESTION.
Your question has already been answered user. If you want opinion on wether or not anons could kill children if ordered to, Veeky Forums is not the place to do so. I'd like to redirect you to and .

Once again. Brutal. A crusades worth of kids. And I don't know if there was fighting or not but assume there was. Gotta catch the kids somehow. I personally might not be able to.

You got issues man

OK now think of the psychological implication behind it. Children Aren't fighters. Who has it worse? The child who is an indoctrinated fool or the soldier who is a loyal fool?

I'm more worried about the psychological implications of a guy wanting really detailed accounts of the murder and enslavement of children

Psychological implication behind what ? Taking slaves ? It's not like it was new to them at the time. Beating unruly kids/slaves ? Then again hardly an uncommon thing to do.
The soldier wouldn't give a shit, in fact he'd be happy to see so many slaves since it means more money for his boss, and possibly for him. While the kids would obviously be scared shitless.

let me clarify a bit more on this. The child is willingly entering into dangerous lands to proselytize, assuming the previous user's information is correct as once again I am learning, and with this comes the willingness to give up your life. Now lets move to the opposite side where we have the soldier who follows his orders. You capture, beat, slaughter those who resist to firmly. I know that killing kids is not a new thing as far as history goes but I do not know if there has ever been an event that seems as concentrated about the age group as this. Psychologically does this destroy the soldier or is it blind loyalty that keeps them sane from such actions just as perhaps another might use god as a shield to justify their actions.

user, you're scaring me, this isn't healthy. You're creating some sort of pseudo-sexual fanfiction about a possibly fabricated event used to explain the wandering poor of the 13th century

Naw dude I couldn't do that shit. Just knowing of its existence is a bit mind boggling. I haven't sexualized the matter either. I'm just curious because this seems like one of the most brutal things I've ever read about.

Great thread.

Were kid or very young soldiers ever a thing in history besides the recent conflict in Congo?
What would be the age limit?
no less than 12?

You're a retard

never happened, at best it was just some local meme that didn't get very far

Fuck all these bitches. I'll answer your foolish question. If I was a veteran soldier, standing before a legion of unarmed, meek, and frail peasant-born urchins, who washed up in their boat with fantasies of a crusade, I would deliver them gladly to the God they're crusading for. I would happily cleave dozens of them apart with a sharp scimitar, axe, longsword, whatever. All the while revelling in their death throes.

You're the same user, aren't you?

Bumping with actual contemporary images

These Christian soldiers were all set to re-take Jerusalem for our Lord.

I thought that the childrens crusade was a myth created by the clergy to inspire actual fighting men to join the crusade. It was written down and distributed as if it was a real event to convince people to join the crusades. The mistake that it was real comes later because we've basically read medieval propaganda and assumed it was real.

Like if someone a thousand years from now people assume uncle sam from American posters was a real dude that lived for hundreds of years.

the story I heard was that a navel vessel sunk their ship as they were sailing to the holy land

so wasn't really the sword as much as another case of refugees drowning in the Mediterranean

Can someone screenshot this and put me in it?

>be muslim soldier
>pope ass hat guy gave a bunch of migrating vagrants some swords so that maybe when they wander into muslim lands they can have a new home and stop poaching shit across europe
>slaughter them all because they're the bastardized version of medieval roma
feels good

>implying anyone in the 13th century gave a single rancid shit about what happened to children

all these guys wanted to do was fuck kids why are you associating them with this wannabe Gacy

>yfw buy ancestor of anne frank as a child from children's crusade
>ywn convert her to judaism as you treat her as your personal fucktoy
>you'll never impregnate her with your seed

Good goyim. Make the white women reek at you in disgust.

there was hardly any actual combat, most of the children were just turned into slaves on the way

>everyone alive prior to about 1976 were barbarian monsters who just fucked and raped everything in front of them, just like in my cool dragon princess TV show

pretty cool pathetic strawman you made there retard, now try reading any single piece on the history of children prior to the 18th century. if you can read, for that matter.

They will have to beat the muslim children
Muhammad urged the muslims of medina to teach their sons and daughters horse riding,swimming,wresteling and using swords in case they needed to defend themselves

Kek 10 years old orphan mo was a merchant who had to travel all of arabia alone in the middle of the desert with his dead father's sword surronded by bandits,theifs and psychopaths

>Gotta catch the kids somehow. I personally might not be able to.
You're a cunt with a shield and armor, of course you can

didn't medieval society believe children were inherently impure?
i mean to them unbaptized children didn't go to heaven due to concept of original sin.Parents as a consequence could be incredibly cruel to their own children
is there any evidence of the slavery story?
what threat would unarmed children pose to armed men? it be a joke.I could see them being made slaves or servants but why outright kill children who could be an asset or be made use of?

Taking child slaves was already a regular thing at the time. This was basically like finding a briefcase full of money that fell into your backyard.

I'm sure you'll be able to provide plenty of primary sources of none caring about children at all prior to the modern age then?

... You do realise that children were baptised soon after or during birth in medieval Europe, right?

yes...
which is exactly my point that children where not considered inherently innocent.

But they were innocent after baptism.

How to get rid of street children 101

Spoiler: it's largely a myth.

not innocent a clean slate they still had potential for sin

damn seljuks

Are you really going to tell me medieval people had the same standards for ethics we do?

Childhood didn't even exist as a concept in the middle ages, they were just little adults

Considering the year and assuming i'm a muslim zealot, i'd have no qualms about slaughtering infidel kids