Huge territory the size of a continent

>Huge territory the size of a continent
>Bought the equivalent of multiple countries' territories in land at a discount, and conquered with barely any trouble
>Rich soil, tons of resources
>Surrounded by a weak ally, a countrylet that barely functions, and huge oceans
>took over international politics after Europe destroyed each other in the world wars
Has there ever been a more fortunate country?

San marino

Perhaps Japan after a storm BTFO the Mongols.

Nah

Sweden

Their fortune is coming to an abrupt end

Humm?

Get this shit out of here. This is Veeky Forums not /int/. Shit on Sweden all you like, but please do it in a historical fashion.

Applies even more to America

>Surrounded by a weak ally, a countrylet that barely functions,
You mean British empire, dude?

>Weak ally
Canada
>countrylet that barely functions
Mexico

>conquered with barely any trouble

I think the actual explorers, soldiers, farmers, cowboys, etc. that lived on the frontier facing the unknown and being constantly harassed by the locals would argue differently.

Canadian kingdom still ruled by British kings. Its weak itself, but not with UK and other British countries.

>Sitting on top of a continent destroying supervolcano about to explode within this century

Dont forget about the unfortunate equalizer

Jelly

I can talk shit about Muslims without getting arrested

my Smith & Wesson says otherwise europoor/ anti-American foreigner

Last time I checked Sweden is still far more white than Amerikwa, Jamal.

That's how history works
The countries on the edges of civilization expand and eventually become the centre

sweden also possesses a fraction of my county's population

amazing

God has special providence for fools, drunks, and the United States.

Anyhow the answer is no. Other countries get one or 2 acts of god in their favor, the US seems to luck in over and over in the course of it's history.

>there are more spics and niggers in America than there are people in all of Scandinavia combined
Amazing

This.

Sure the British Commonwealth is decently powerful but it's still not even close to America in terms of strength or economy

not AS fortunate but Rome was pretty fortunate

>Most of the civilized world was taken over by King Al and had outdated standardized Phalanx army
>rest are feuding tribal barbarians
>only exception are merchants who rely on mercenaries

>touch Cletus and May
>get entire family raped by the nth regiment immediately after

England

>a fucking Island
>neighbors are constantly bullied by you every mon-fri
>only fuckers that conquered you (both named William) pretty much leaves you to your own devices
>close enough to reap the benefits of the continentals trying to rape each other
>Anglo-Saxon pirate culture brings about constitutional government, modern law system, modern banking, and possibly the industrial revolution

God bless America

I would agree had they kept all the territory they gained instead of being btfoed back to their island after WW2. Otherwise no, the US tops all.