BCH > BTC when Veeky Forums ?

So when is that flippening you promised going to happen, Veeky Forums? Im all in in bcash and im still waiting

Other urls found in this thread:

cash.coin.dance/blocks/profitability
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Im all in bcash

>paying for free money
I cannot wait for Poloniex to let me dump my massive stack on you.

Those chink niggers refuse to dump their real money for their fake cash.

"Skin in the game" is real. They have none.

>Im all in bcash

Just when I think I'm a fucking failure, Veeky Forums reminds me that there are bigger losers than me. Thank you OP.

when difficulty and hash power flip. bitcoin cash will then become more profitable to mine than btc, and miners will switch over to bcc.

they built in rapid difficulty adjustment to bcc which btc does not have.

worst case scenario: if too much hash power abandons btc for bcc, then the difficulty for btc won't adjust and block times will go from 10 minutes to 10 hours or even days, and the network will grind to a halt because there won't be any confirmations (new blocks), so all deposits and withdrawals will stop.

Well my dear pepe nobody that´s in bitcoin cash, calls it "bcash", so u r trolling fag

Thats what im reffering, wasnt that supposed to happen today? Thanks for not insulting me like the others

Well to me its still inferior to btc, just waiting for the FUD when it turns more profitable than btc so i get quick gains, first time i invested for money, not for believing in the tech

>Try to buy modafinil online in november 2013
>buy btc but chicken out
>remembered today

That 85 dollars in now worth over 1300.

Lel now I can buy a gun to kill myself.

yes, the numbers I've read are conflicting though. some people are saying it's more profitable now, some are saying it's not but very close. either way it won't exactly happen overnight, and bitcoin core loyal miners can point their hash power over to bitcoin cash as a protest b/c it will stop the difficulty from lowering when blocks are created quickly enough. it's a marathon not a sprint.

When the difficulty flips in favor of BCC.

May happen, may not. Essentially the miners are holding the core developers hostage with their mining activity. If core continues to talk shit about segwit with no block size increase, we may see the hashrate for BCC jump before November, as a "warning shot", but I wouldn't expect BCC to go anywhere fast unless one of two things happens:

1) difficulty drops on the BCC chain make it more profitable to mine than BTC

2) core actively fucks themselves in the ass by promising no block size increase in November

If either one of these happens, we may see a shift. However, in the long run, BCC will always be the miner's "big stick", if you will, in negotiating with core devs. At some point, they may have to use it for it to be a viable threat, though.

Problem is, once you decrease difficulty to the point where it's more profitable to mine BCC, it's hard to say what will happen to BTC. BTC is unlikely to recover if they lose even half of the hashing power they have now.

>when difficulty and hash power flip. bitcoin cash will then become more profitable to mine than btc, and miners will switch over to bcc.
>and miners will switch over to bcc.
keep dreaming bitch nigger lmao

not sure what you're upset about with me friend. bitcoin is now in a lose-lose situation.

instead of BTC just murdering the minority chains at the fork, BCC survived. now the situation is a potential murder suicide. the miners need to mine whatever is profitable, so they will do just that to stay afloat. also if btc has any major defectors, they could mine BCC at a lost and kill the btc network out of spite. but then BCC would be the bad guy.

it's a lose-lose. I'm not even choosing sides. I hold ETH and don't care what happens to bitcoin one way or another.

Its true tho, btc and bch are adjusting difficulty soon

Btc difficulty rises 8% today. Bringing us to 5%.

Another difficulty adjustment or 2 and it will take off.

Also relevant copypasta

"Theory: The unknown miner is an extremely well-organised pool of big miners expecting to be stiffed by the Hong Kong Agreement, keeping Bitcoin Cash alive as insurance.

So far they have acted in a way that helps BCC but also does not harm BTC.

Precisely timed blocks have made sure that there won't be a gold rush of miners to BCC until the price can support it. They are waiting for the price to go up, as opposed to adjusting the difficulty down too far.

They are probably also buying the BCC dumps which is what held the bottom price more than we all expected. This would be a very smart way of shifting their holdings to BCC under the radar."
Also there's major investors that have been pulling a bunch out of btc. The storm is brewing.

How do you know a bunch of investors pulled out of btc?i heard that some GS whales bought eth if i remember correctly, is it because of that?

Give me like 15 min ill be at my pc and post it all if somone doesn't get to it before me

Thats really good information if the source is credible, thank you user

Remember, the difficulty AND the price play an important role in determining the overall profitability of any coin; yesterday the profitability calc came dangerously close because BCC came up in value ~30% while BTC dropped in value ~5%. As it is, BCC is somewhere around 70-80% as profitable as BTC, and will probably remain at about that level unless/until something significant happens with either chain (i.e. a mining group switching chains, or the BCC chain being abandoned until the difficulty is far enough below that of BTC).

no source is credible at this point, but if you've been following the block size debate this is completely logical. it's common knowledge people might break faith on the 2MB hard fork after segwit on BTC, it was only a verbal agreement, so keeping BCC alive is like a big FUCK YOU to anyone that even thinks about not implementing the 2MB hard fork on BTC come november.

honestly though....the BTC core supporters are dumb enough and malicious enough to still break faith on the 2MB hard fork, so we'll see what happens.

What makes no sense to me though is why would these shadow miners mine at a loss for 4 more months just to find out of Core breaks their word on Segwit2x?

It is plainly obvious by Core team's language and writing code into the nodes to reject Segwit2x they are not going to support it, it's dead in the water NOW, if the miners want a war they need to make a move now.

they can afford it and the risk is high enough to justify it. odds are everything will shake out long before november though which is something any crypto old fag could tell you. and if BCC FOMOs before it shakes out, which is a real possibility, they will be ready to pop over to it over night. so a small loss is completely justifiable with all that going on.

From what i understood, he said those shadow miners dont move to bch so they can get out of btc without anyone noticing, thus the price of btc still stays high, and so, its still more profitable than bch, the difficulty adjustments will bring the difference in profits much lower, so when they see people move over they can already have funds in bch

I haven't done the math, so this is just me being lazy, but do you know how much BCC price would have to rise/BTC price would have to fall to change the relative profitability ratio? Are we talking millions, tens of millions, billions...?

I'm wondering if a single average person could put together enough leverage to literally change crypto history right now, or if it would need to be an investment large enough to be out of the reach of the average upper-middle-class American white guy?

I don't. I've been in this game a long time but I'm not a miner so I don't know how to crunch the numbers accurately. I think this is pretty accurate though:
cash.coin.dance/blocks/profitability

You know "core" had no part in the dumbass NYA, right? Every core dev recognized that turd for what it was and have said as much from the start.

By the way, keep thinking the direction of the only true cypherpunk crypto can be decided by a bunch of dipshits in a boardroom. Just makes me more money

you have a lot of faith in the core devs bro, hope it works out for you

I'm not dreaming, I'm 100% BCC.

Did you ever stop and consider what will happen when it simply becomes too expensive to transact on the BTC network? Price drop, loss of mining power. Cascade. You can't even buy a fucking coffee on the BTC network because it'll cost you $1.5 in transaction fees, so where is this valuation coming from?

If there is no utility, there is no value. Take your shitcoin and keep it.

I'll keep buying up Bitcoin (cash).