How does something like this start...

How does something like this start? Like how does someone suddenly decide "hmmm i wonder what would happen if i broke all the bones in my feet and folded it in to make it smaller"?

Other urls found in this thread:

polyrad.info/louis-xiv-caused-anal-fistulas-to-become-a-hot-fashion-trend-among-the-aristocracy/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3139859/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

traditional chinese callous disregard for life

Probably some noble somewhere mentioning offhandedly that they like small feet, and over time people start to go to more and more extremes to seem appealing to them. Other nobles would've agreed with the first guy (if for no other reason than just to get on his good side) and it becomes self perpetuating.

In other words: footfags ruin everything, again.

first post best

How did circumcision start? Like someone decided "hmmm I wonder what would happen if I cut off the sensitive parts of my penis to make it smaller."

God commanded Abraham to circumcise his penis as a covenant.

Somewhere in the middle there, someone also started a rumor that the hobbling on bound feet made the vagina tighter.

Those feet look pretty aesthetic tbqh. Kinda wish the practice didn't stop.

how about you do it to yourself and see what happens

Is that real or just your assumption. I mean I believe you, but I'm also curious to see any documentation on that.

The penis doesnt become smaller dumbass

>The Manchu Kangxi Emperor tried to ban foot binding in 1664 but failed.[2]
based Manchus

That only explains circumcision among Semites, and rather poorly at that, as it still doesn't explain why. How do you know I wasn't talking about australian aboriginals?

What is an actual logical reason for circumcision?

Australian Aboriginals are actually Jews who fled Judaea during the Babylonian exile

Infections because they didn't clean their dicks seems probable

>Amputation severs the nerve endings to the affected area. Circumcision causes total severing of the nerves leading from the foreskin due to the stretching, cutting (laceration), and crushing by circumcision devices. This type of neuron death is known as neurotmesis. Neurotmesis results in neural degeneration. Not only are the nerves lost in the foreskin, but the nerves feeding them atrophy and die back to the spine. Without full enervation of the penile tissues as an infant, growth is likely to be stunted.

>Furthermore, an informal study conducted by Dr. Christopher Fletcher, M.D. found that the adult penises of men circumcised as infants are 8mm (3/8″) shorter than their intact counterparts. Dr. Fletcher is an assistant clinical professor of family and community medicine at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine. Dr. Fletcher’s conclusions arise from a study of men 18 years and older seeking medical care. The vast majority of his subjects had circumcisions soon after birth for non-medical reasons.

>Circumcision should now be considered a man-made handicap that is inflicted upon millions of baby boys every year. Parents that have been mislead into circumcising their sons for make-believe health benefits may have actually stunted the growth of their son’s penis.

>informal study
Yeah, no.

This is what mormons actually believe.

And yet somehow ignoring infections from using unsterilized cutting devices, it's almost as if the practice arose in a culture that did not understand the concept of infection!

Generally, women prefer having small feet. The old Chinese just took that to its extreme definition.

Accepted theory pretty much places the origin of the practice back in the late Tang Dyasty, where one concubine of Emperor Li Yu was the emperor's favorite because she had such dainty feet. The other concubines aped her feet size by intentionally impeding the growth of their feet with binding and metal shoes, and subsequently the women of lesser elites followed, creating a fad.

Fun fact: when some feminist tells you this is an example of Patriarchal abuse, tell her women started it.

Holy shit and it's possible that it was actually achieved by causing certain muscles to be constantly flexed, eventually leading to a continuous hypertonic state which would have given the feeling of a "tighter" vagina. All at the low low cost of destroying your bodies natural growth and development.
polyrad.info/louis-xiv-caused-anal-fistulas-to-become-a-hot-fashion-trend-among-the-aristocracy/
Seems similar to the phenomena witnessed from Louis the XIV's buttsore.

>being a jew AND stupid
Is that like the ultimate curse?

By the time you get to the point that you are reading research on the effects of circumcision, you should be fully aware of how gratuitous it truly is. There is no logical reason for circumsion in this day and age (aside from when it is medically indicated), and it's truly barbaric.

Boongs used eucalyptus smoke after the circumcision, eucalyptus oil made from boiling the leaves is still used as anti septic. Knowingly or not they were preventing infection from the cutting

>if i broke all the bones in my feet
Do you seriously think the women themselves did that?

Are you serious? Anyone in china before 1900 who didnt need a wife to support the household with her labor would have had a wife with bound feet. From a young age girls were put in these undersized shoes to stunt foot growth by breaking the bones in them. The pain was excruciating but made mothers forced it on their daughter to increase her marriage prospects and because it was a rite of passage to becoming a lady (i.e if i had to put up with this pain you have to as well). If ou didnt have bound feet you couldnt move up the social ladder. 50 to 60 percent of women in the 19th century had bound feet.

Small feet were considered prettier back then in Chinese culture

I mean there's small feet (sure it can be pretty for a woman to be more dainty) and then there's literally twisting bones back on themselves. I guess it might look nice with the shoes on but damn as soon as you see the actual foot it's just horrific. Would kill my mood for sure; but I guess if that's what you've been told is attractive your whole life...

Interestingly enough, creating an open wound on an infant's genitalia when you don't have water or modern medicine is a great way for the kid to get an infection, which is uncommon otherwise.

I think women never took the shoes off in public or during sex as that pic of sex above shows

Its not the toes completely twisted that gets to me, but that seemingly perfectly squared off heel, it fucking gives me the heebeejeebees. Fuck.

In some areas they've found examples of fake lotus shoes, basically have giant lifts in the back that would be hidden by your clothing, so that the women would look as if they had traditional bound lotus feet but they were actually normal sized. It still would be painful as fuck to walk like that (imagine walking on your toes/ball of your foot all the time) but at least you weren't bound.

this thread reminds me of how much they totally fucked up the Snow Flower and the Secret fan movie

I'm still so mad

most tribal circumcisions were/are done in adolescence not infancy. The jews are kind of weird for doing it that early.

Also its interesting how its done more often in hot climates like Africa, the Middle East, and Australia. maybe in colder places the hood keeps you warm.

>God
>implying the existence of this magic man in the sky
>implying he told anyone anything

Tiny feet are cute as hell dude

Not when the toes goes UNDER the foot

It removes part of the penis. When you remove part of something, you're making it smaller.

Well circumsision prevents cancer and infections in the penis, maybe someone realized that and they just were trying to protect their penises but that just explains why they continued doing it, not why the did it the first time

This. Chinese aren't human.

You know what else prevents cancer and infection? Killing yourself.

kek

Doesn't this just happen to filthy fucks who don't wash the head of their penis when they shower ? Logically it sounds to me like corcumcised men are more prone to them because the protective layer is gone

>broke all the bones in my feet and folded it

that's not how it works

>this is what cutlets actually believe

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad

Patriarchy. Not even kidding.
Women are raised to think their highest callings to be exalted sexual objects and that it is feminine to have no agency. We get extremes like this and FGM.

Except the reason why they decided to start it was because they were raised to believe, like most women of the past and even now, that all their value only comes from being seen as sexually attractive by men.

What part of people are socialized by the culture they are born into to have certain notions of gender?why do autist keep trying to refute feminist theory on the role of paternalism in practices like this when no one implied that women weren't raised to hold these same sexist beliefs about themselves?

Only interns of mass not length, dude.

No, if you had bad hygeine, you are prone to smelling really bad and having UTI. Plus also increase the frequency of giving your female partner a UTI because so filthy. Also some men have the problem of their foreskin not properly folding back during erection, causing pain.
Are you trying to say people in the past all had the same standards of hygeine we do today? I figure the Jews and other tribes just considered it more expedient to do away with it to prevent any possible complications(as infrequent as they were).

That's true though

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3139859/
Sorry folks its suported by evidence

Girth is more important than length, my dude.

Some circumcisions are so badly done the scars create an inability for the penis to fully erect. Erections can also be painful, even without this extreme stricturing

No, I mean actual over all mass. Not demensions like length or width.

circumcision started because they lived in an arid, desert-like environment without much access to rivers or other ways of washing and so grit could get quite easily stuck under the foreskin and cause infections.
under these circumstances it's not unforseeable that a tribal wiseman or medicine man might suggest cutting it off as a baby or young child to prevent the problem.

and so it became a tradition and part of their tribe's way of life.

Regardless of whether you and your /pol/tarded friends think so, women were still raised to believe and internalize that. Considering such cultural beliefs by both men and women of course when it comes to making up ways to vie for the sexual attentions of men, they would adopt such extreme practices. The same can be said of FGM though that was explicitly pushed more by men. The women just no choice but to adopt it and then force it on third daughters.

had* no choice.
their* daughters
damn tablet and autocorrect.

But wouldn't a foreskin protect the glans from sand and shit? Or is it since there's no foreskin, sand has nowhere at all to get trapped?

t. cut American. Wtf were my parents thinking??

While there is no problem now considering modern stadards of hygeine (assuming all men follow them) the same cannot be said of those in the past. That smegma gets really bad after a while plus people had no way of understanding why sometimes men would develop the condition with their foreskins where it would not roll back all the way(forgot the medical term and can't be added to look it up but it's why some people today even in need to get circumcized) causing a lot of pain on erection. The easiest way to deal withl the stench and possible infections and prevent any guy from having that condition, they just cut it. I assume even the tribes that waited and used it as right of passage for a boy to manhood did it to protect against that condition.

Just women acting like women.

>Women trying to conform to the beauty standards to attract men(in the case of heels the illusion of coltishness) because they are taught that their only purpose in life is to be sexual objects for sexual gratification of men.
Ftfy
And seriously you must be brain dead to compare wearing heels to foot binding. For one thing, you can actually still walk and move around in heels and even run in most of them(depending on height). Foot binding was designed such that a women would not even have to walk much. Showing wealth and femininity only in how useless she could be(except for sex and being pretty to look at of course).

This. Logical answer here. Of course, some stupid fucks will always cite quack "science" (see ) in order to back up their bullshit. No amount of nebulous "meta-analysis" can refute the fact that the vast majority of males with foreskin won't have health issues with it, and that painful and destructive surgery is unnecessary when basic hygiene can do it just as well.

If you don't have clean water or modern medicine, cutting open an infant's genitalia is probably the stupidest thing you could do. The next stupidest would be cutting open an adult's genitalia.

Ok, fine then it's because God told them to. What else do you want?
There is also evidence that circumcision at some point by the church was used to stop boys from masturbating so perhaps there was also that.

As a footfag this thing is the work of the devil himself.

Nigga this ain't even level pol shit, women are valued for their fertility and men for their ability to provide

Beta north european detected

>man it sure is hot out here
>I think i'll slice my dick up
I don't quite follow

>I can't think of a good counter argument so I just throw around memes and quips for damage control.
Nope not even close btw. You don't have to be gay nor a crazy feminist sjw to see your comment was not well thought out in the slightest as well as the cultural meaning of footbinding.
The idea was to have such a "beautiful" (by virtue of havi ng such small feet) and impractical wife and being such a woman, was high status. Similar to the whole having pale skin thing. But yes continue to repeat memes and show everyone just how ignorant and historically illiterate you are. It's amusing.

I know that, you faggot. Culture formed around such genderoles to the extremes under paternalism.
Also, are you saying that in hunter gather there tribes (where women would be doing most of the gathering as well as some of the hunting of small game) never provided anything? I bet you're one of those idiots who think almost all of their sustinance came from hunting dangerous large game animals? Idiot. Nevermind the fact that most people always got(and still do) most of their calories from carbs since it was easier to obtain and store.
I bet you also think most women never worked and it only came about at the turn of the century and after the 1960s when feminist wanted women in the workplace (e.i. office jobs/business).
You're not fooling anyone.

ancient societies didn't live long enough for cancer to be a problem.

Nah man, they fucking have a choice, don't deny women agency, it's just a shit choice.

You can either get foot bound or female circumcised or whatever and have better marriage prospects or you can not and deal with people not wanting to marry you. Most mothers give into pressure and have their daughters get circumcised or foot bound or whatnot, but it is still a choice.

> Deal with people not wanting to marry you???????
?????????
Wot? I mean if you said that in terms of our culture now, then sure I would agree with you. I personally think wearing heels today is stupid though I understand why the pressure exists. That is why I said you are retarded for comparing the two(especially since one of them is not permanent).
In a patriarchal society where women are not allowed to learn a trade,inherit,(at least for the most part in China) or have extensive education though?. Where their parents' decision to not expose them as babies banks on getting them married off as soon as possible or having a lot of money to spare because women are "useless and expensive"outside their looks and baby making capacity? If we are talking about the imperial court where this originated, women were easily replaced too.
Stop pretending to be retarded it still makes you pretty retarded at the end of the day in doing so.
and I said women did not push for FGM at first; it was men because apparently it makes it better for them and makes a girl less likely to have pleasure during sex in the case of the clit being removed( so I guess make sure they are more likely to stay virgins?)

That's my point. Circumcision isn't a valid health measure in most cases; it has been and remains to this day a barbaric throwback to a primitive age.

>taught that their only purpose in life is to be sexual objects for sexual gratification of men.
if you're going to use extreme language like this, everyone is going to think you're a douche
it is obviously to conform to beauty standards, but very rarely are western women actually taught that they will ONLY ever be sex objects

That was just part of the over all point I was making of why generally harmful practices for work!en may develop, including Chinese boot binding and cultures that practice FMG. Yes I should have specified but whatever, my overall point to user is clear in terms of OP.
He was the idiot trying to compare wearing heels to the permanent and severe deformaties caused by foot binding anyway. He should be the one you're getting all snappy with for making such a blatant false equivalency.

i don't think you know what barbaric and primitive mean. you're just as bad as fedora neckbeards

I don't find heels appealing at all

Its not the heels it's self that are supposedly attractive. Mainly it has the effect of making women have longer legs relative to torso, particularly when wearing a dress
Long legs and short torso 's are evolutionarily "sexy" kind of like hip to waist ratio.
Regardless, you are not the first person to say that though.

Oops sorry didn't mean to add you to my post

The lack of water is why circumcision was so viable where it was practiced in the first place. Bacteria loves moisture, and the whole point of circumcision's effectiveness is in the permanent open air exposure dries the head of the penis, eliminating a source of condensation where bacteria can fester.

If you don't have water to routinely clean the head of your penis, then the next best thing is to dry it out and have easy access to the head to scrap off debris.

You don't seem to understand that an open wound on a body part often exposed to contaminants like urine, old sweat, and feces is a perfect spot for infection to take root if you don't have running water. It's far more ripe for infection than a mucous membrane that is securely tucked away behind folds of skin.

I don't know if it was mentioned already, but one theory is that it's a status symbol for men, as if to say "I'm so rich that my wife doesn't need to move around/work in the house (and anywhere else)"

So the mothers do that to the children so they'd be picked up by higher class men to marry, this happens, eventually it becomes a cultural trait.

Explained 5 times already and denies by invading /pol/tards but yes that's basically the gist of it. This question is pretty much closed except for the anons still arguing about male circumcision.

Oh, that thing people from hotter climates came up with fear of infections and accumulation of bacteria in a moist part of men's body? Cool.

They look like fucking pigs' feet.

same way pic related started

>tiny feet/straight teeth are so cute
>wu kang/dr. sheckelstein knows how to do it
>at the end the feet are tiny/teeth are straight so it works
>i don't care that she can't walk/his jaws are shrunk so let's keep doing this for generations

breddy simble

Implying you constantly compare braces to foot binding deformaties. Enjoy your crooked teeth.

>win war
>cut the prisoners foreskin off because why not
>enslave the losers because why not
>jews begin to associate their identity with being imprisoned and enslaved
>continue foreskin removal to retain identity
>one day guy writes it in Super Special Book

think about how the prisoners were treated at abu gharib prison in iraq. captors have been torturing their prisoners since the beginning of time.