Veeky Forums and anime

I just started watching Spice and Wolf. I fell in love with how they use actual mercantilism in the plot.

Is there a place in modern trade/business for any of the strategies in Spice and Wolf?

Is mercantilism a reasonable method to getting rich anymore, or has fast delivery and shipping caused an end to that forever?

Smuggling still work

Finally, a response... let's get this thread rolling

fucking gay lol

bump

I like tomoko.I feel that I can relate to her

I too like non virgin heroines

post more of this whore

Don't you dare speak about my wife that way

sorry i didn't mean it i just had to rhyme pls post more

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Technically about money, but don't expect the plot to make any sense.

There's that arc with the currency speculation, where Zheren was trying to get them to invest in coins. You know where this is going

Spice and Wolf was some real boring shit.
It's weird too because World End Economica was pretty good.

Why bother wasting time watching cartoons when you can watch candles rise and fall for hours on end?

I don't remember exactly but wasnt the end of this about them selling their bags of (no real value) minerals that were exploding in popularity? Just like most cryptos for us!

Jokes aside, they tried using real world economic logic and for the most part it works out. Especially the big if currency valuation based on gold present within it.

>need more business related animes

that is actually how it ends, and then they run from HODLers if i remember correctly.

This desu.

Agreed, more business animes are a plus

[YOU HAVE GAIN]

This. Spice & Wolf vol. 3
The mania end with a short

>don't expect the plot to make any sense.

actually it suprisingly makes a lot of sense when you read up a little on the japanese asset bubble, the following 'lost decade' and the effects it had on "the japanese psychology".
well it's still packed in this weird as fuck anime style symbolism of fighting with pokemon and collectivist garbage dialogues. in that regard, yes, it doesn't seem to make much sense to normal people.

because at some point you'll be dreaming tomorrows charts, but nobody will believe you, and you'll think that's ok, you don't need friends with all the mad gains, until some day the SEC knocks at your door and they won't believe you either. true story.

>because at some point you'll be dreaming tomorrows charts, but nobody will believe you
This. Kek rewards the faithful