Help me Veeky Forums

>Has had war with Britain three times(no less, no more) since the middle ages.
Is there any country that matches this description?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Swedish_War_(1810–12)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Orford_Ness_(1704)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Argentina–United_Kingdom_military_relations
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sweden
>The Great Northern War
>The War of Austrian Succession
>The Seven Years War

Oh fugg, it matches. Is Sweden the only one?

They were at war in the Napoleonic wars, i have no idea if they were officially at war in your wars though so Sweden might still be the one.

Saxony
>The War of the Fifth Coalition
>The War of Austrian Succession
>The Seven Years War

>No battles fought
Eh, I would let it slide.
Although ideally the country to fit what I'm searching for to perfection should have also had fairly tense relations with Britain until somewhat recently, but I doubt there is one that fits better than Sweden so yeah.
>Saxony
Another very important criterion I forgot to mention in the OP is the country still existing.

What's this about?

They only ever fought one battle against each other and that one was without war declared so Sweden is probably not what you're looking for.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Orford_Ness_(1704)
Meant to link this

What about China?
The two Opium wars and the Boxer rebellion.
Things have been a bit tense concerning Hong Kong.

Denmark (including Denmark-Norway)
>War of the Sixth Coalition
>The Gunboat War
>The French Revolutionary Wars
Didn't the British fight in Korea? They probably had a few engagements with the Chinese there.

>Denmark
What about Danelaw?

What about it? I'm assuming OP is specifically referring to Great Britain, so all the invasions of England by Scandinavians wouldn't count.

It's about me being autistic and trying to find real world hints and references in an anime(Little Witch Academia).
There is a diplomatic incident sparked from a soccer match which is instrumental to the plot involving the host country of the magic school(unnamed but very heavily hinted to be the UK) and another country, also unnamed and where the only hint given it that in the OP and the "tense relations" bit. It's most likely something the authors made up without much thought, but I'd like to think that they had a specific country in mind for the autists to find.

Damn that is pretty autistic. If they did take inspiration from the real would it probably came from the 100 Hour War. They just changed up the countries involved because who the fuck cares about Central America.

>soccer match
>tense relations with UK
Makes me think of Argentina.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Argentina–United_Kingdom_military_relations
3 conflicts after Argentina became independent so i think it was them.

i'm with you i spent ages trying to figure it out but their is basically no one that matches the attitude that the people in the anime show, as a brit i don't think there is any country in the world that the government unaminously hates and so do the kind of people that would get angry about a football match would do. unless they were being hyper aware and are predicting a breakdown in negotiations with the eu which could lead to tension between governments, and the average brit really isn't a fan of the continentals as it stands at the moment.

also diana.

Did anyone score a goal with their hand in this soccer match?

I'm not sure but I think the U.S. might actually fit that description.

Technically it fits, but the first conflict of UK with these two nations was in the XIX century, so it's weird to specify succe the Middle Ages. I think they had a yuro nation in mind.

>unless they were being hyper aware and are predicting a breakdown in negotiations with the eu which could lead to tension between governments, and the average brit really isn't a fan of the continentals as it stands at the moment.
I think you might be onto something. It's a stretch, but if we include Prussia, then Germany has fought three wars against Britain, the Austrian War of Succession and the World Wars. 1740 isn't quite the Middle Age as well, but eh. Of course, as we all know, Anglo-German relations have been absolutely awful until 1945. They have improved during the Cold War, but with Brexit they could worsen at any moment, so it's not bizarre to imagine members of the brit political class wanting to use an iron fist when dealing with germs. The common anglo and the common kraut have shown that they still don't like each other much, despite the best efforts(consider also that in the show innocuous distaste would be magnified by Croix's emotion enhancing magic). So yes, if they had a specific country in mind at all it's most likely Germany.

I think it was based on the 1986 England-Argentina game while the background was simply made up because it doesnt seem to fit any country.