What form of Christianity contains the most mysticism?

What form of Christianity contains the most mysticism?

Islam

Mysticism ranking

Orthodoxy > Catholicism >>> ... Mormonism > Protestantism > my shit > mega-church feelgood Protestantism

Eastern Orthodox easily, it's mysticism separates it from the intense logical and centralist approach of western practices (Catholic & Protestant)

Orthocox and unofficial practices in western Christianity like tarot. Apparently John Calvin was a mysticist.

This isn't true, Islam is the most rational form of Christianity.

>Apparently John Calvin was a mysticist.
Source?

>Jesus is an Islamic prophet therefore Islam is a form of Christianity :)

>circumambulate a black cube
>worship a stone placed in a silver object shaped like a vagina
>rational

I don't know I heard it on here. It wouldn't be too unlikely as that type of stuff was popular in the early modern era.

That's correct, prove me wrong.

>what is a ritual

denial of the divine status of Jesus, Christ is not the saviour of the Muslims, his teachings aren't the central tenants of the religion, and he is merely on the same level as most over prophets, with Muhammad obviously being the savior and primary prophet. Islam isn't "Christian" because Christ is not it's central figure, he's a minor character.

My only experience with Christianity is Baptist, Methodist, Catholic and Pentecostal. Pentecostal seems to be the most "mystical", henceforth the reason why I go to a Pentecostal church today. There's just something beautiful about Pentecostal Christianity, its raw and honest

>the actual easterners who had their own debates first ignored while protestants and Mormons get 3 spaces

Every time.

>the belief that direct knowledge of God, spiritual truth, or ultimate reality can be attained through subjective experience (such as intuition or insight)

The ones that involve visions and grew when noblemen got converted due to their own visions and miracle witnessings seem to be the most mystical by this definition. The major cases being Constantine and some Turk(ic)s/Mongols. Which I guess is Orthodox and Nestorian respectively. However, the Copts had (or have) many hermits in the desert so they may count most of all. This portrait may be during a moment of mystery.

Probably one of those native syncretic denominations

Christianity is just an older form of Islam fampai, as Jesus did submit to God.

Mysticism is nothing more than taking power and authority to oneself, just like Satan did and does.

Mysticism is an attempt to perfectly unite your will with God's in a life of devoted to prayer.

>everything that isn't literalist is saytanik
Feck off archonic protty.

>Christ is not the saviour of the Muslims, his teachings aren't the central tenants of the religion,

Yes they are.

that's odd.
Every book i have read in this area has repeatedly punctuated:
-you can't do shit without God;
-you are a sinful man;
-any visions you might get you should reject, since they are super-likely to be demonic deceptions, so calm that ego;
-practice humbleness, you are a prideful creature;
-don't chase spiritual gifts;

No, he's the Messiah of the jewish people, no more.

Literally wahhabi/salafism.

No, Muhammad's revelations are the central tenants of Islam. Are Christ's teachings important? Yes. Are they the central tenants of the religion? No.

You need to learn more.

Probably flyover state christianity

prove Jesus's messianic role encompasses more than the children of Israel.

I agree.

[19:16] Mention in the scripture Mary. She isolated herself from her family, into an eastern location.

[19:17] While a barrier separated her from them, we sent to her our Spirit. He went to her in the form of a human being.

[19:18] She said, "I seek refuge in the Most Gracious, that you may be righteous."

[19:19] He said, "I am the messenger of your Lord, to grant you a pure son."

[19:20] She said, "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me; I have never been unchaste."

[19:21] He said, "Thus said your Lord, 'It is easy for Me. We will render him a sign for the people, and mercy from us. This is a predestined matter.'"

Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. (Acts 13:46)

>For God so loved *the world* that he gave his one and only Son, that *whoever believes* in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

>Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν *kόσμον* ὥστε τὸν υἱὸν τὸν μονογενῆ ἔδωkεν, *ἵνα πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων* εἰς αὐτὸν μὴ ἀπόληται ἀλλὰ ἔχῃ ζωὴν αἰώνιον.

John is fanfiction

I was talking in Islam, you imbecile.

Gnosticism, then probably orthodoxy.

>“Sovereign Lord, as you have promised, you may now dismiss your servant in peace. For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all nations: *a light for revelation to the Gentiles*, and the glory of your people Israel.”

> Νῦν ἀπολύεις τὸν δοῦλόν σου, δέσποτα, kατὰ τὸ ῥῆμά σου ἐν εἰρήνῃ: ὅτι εἶδον οἱ ὀφθαλμοί μου τὸ σωτήριόν σου ὃ ἡτοίμασας kατὰ πρόσωπον πάντων τῶν λαῶν,*Φῶς εἰς ἀποkάλυψιν ἐθνῶν* kαὶ δόξαν λαοῦ σου Ἰσραήλ. '

In this case, rational doesn't mean non-ritualistic, it's the degree to which faiths rationalize men and remove emotion from the religious picture. Islam is all about harnessing men and keeping them in line with rules and blind faith, whereas something like Protestantism lets individuals run free with their emotions and interpret things how they want in the confines of some set rules.