I'm unsure on how to buy things...

I'm unsure on how to buy things. I've lurked for a bit and read threads where people are asking how to buy but I'm still confused.

From what I read a good idea would be to buy some ETH or LTC then transfer it to bittrex and use that to buy BTC.

But say if I wanted to buy NEO or something how would I do that?

Also I heard there is a delay when it comes to buying so say it takes a day for a coin to show up in your wallet, do you pay for it at the initial price at the time or the price of it the next day when it shows up in your wallet? I assume it works by the time you pay for it but just want to make sure.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/
wort.lu/en/business/bitstamp-luxembourg-embraces-bitcoin-by-approving-bitcoin-exchange-571e211f1bea9dff8fa76ae4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fuck off

reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/

Is this actually a good place to learn? I read the FAQ which had some good basic info.

I just want to be prepared to buy in case there's a real good opportunity. Just thought asking the REAL MANS questions would get me there quicker if you feel me

t. assmad retards who invested wrong

>do you pay for it at the initial price at the time or the price of it the next day when it shows up in your wallet?

This is a good question

unfortunately most retards on this board wont answer you ( i cant, because i am still a beginner too) so they wont help other people

dumb retards they are

listen up nigger:

go to coinbase and buy BTC. send that BTC to your bittrex wallet. use your BTC in bittrex to buy whatever you want like NEO, XRP, even DOGECOIN if you're so inclined.

goodluck.

what if you are in a country where coinbase doesnt allow you to buy/sell bitcoins?

buying is instant you dumb niggers. if i want to buy 30 BTC and i have the cash, the 30 btc is bought instantly.

i dunno what shithole you live in - try other websites like kraken, litebit or liqui that may work in your country

>i dunno what shithole you live in
Luxembourg

I am fucking confused

luxembourg is money central, why the problem then? i'm in the netherlands.

try EXANTE - i just read about them and they're the euro equivalent of coinbase, except much safer and secure.

otherwise, sign up to kraken, litebit dot eu, or liqui dot io

Thank you pal that helps a lot! Do you know any good sources for learning?

Okay thanks kanker, looking into all of them now
I am a total beginner with too much money

apparently our country approved this shit

wort.lu/en/business/bitstamp-luxembourg-embraces-bitcoin-by-approving-bitcoin-exchange-571e211f1bea9dff8fa76ae4

Can you tell me what that means? good or bad?

read this, look on reddit, and if you stay on Veeky Forums long enough, you will actually learn a thing or two

you rich faggot, that's great news for you. sign up to bitstamp and start trading. it also means it's being regulated by the gov and is fully legit, so they can't run off with your money and they will have security and trading policies up to standard.

sign up to bitstamp, buy BTC, send it to your bittrex wallet, and buy whatever shitcoin you want.

holy shit that sounds good

So it's better when its regulated, rather than doing it anonymously (like thrugh coinbase)?

coinbase it also regulated and safe, but it's american, so that obviously pales in comparison to the master EU race regulations

however this also means you shouldn't try to hide your gainz from the govt. pay tax on them otherwise you'll get v&

For yuropoors:
Use kraken.com and go to /r/krakensupport to get verified faster.

There's no delay in your purchase unless you use coinbase. Don't use coinbase.
Kraken is an exchange. You sepa money into that shit and put a buy order in. Learn about limit orders and market orders.
BTC (=XBT) and ETH have high liquidity, you'll fill your order in no time.

Use bittrex for shitcoins. Meaning: transfer the BTC/ETH --that you bought on your exchange-- to bittrex and buy some random crap to lose money.

I see, thank for the explanation
How much tax do you pay in the netherlands?

Im a yuropoor, never waited for coins to arrive with coinbase it was instant.

i have no idea how much (capital gains) tax you would pay on crypto dividends etc - i'm not dutch, just living here atm and i've only made a 200 Euro profit so far.

this

200? When did you start?
Well, considering i live in a tax haven, I suppose and (and I hope) they don't tax too much

oh yeah, i forgot it's a tax haven. i should find out what the tax regulations are here in this country, but i don't think my gainz will ever be high enough to pay tax on them.

i started trading in mid june, up 200 Euros atm.

What I've done, is I'll buy bitcoin on GDAX then transfer that back to coinbase, then from coinbase transfer it to Bittrex, then use the Bitcoin to buy things. You can buy NEO with Bitcoin or Ethereum on Bittrex.

That's not always true though. And I wanted to answer op's question.

Also Bitstamp is just as good if not better than kraken. It doesn't allow margin trading though and doesn't have XMR/EUR, that's why I don't use it.

why would you transfer bitcoin from gdax to coinbase and then to bittrex? can't you do it directly? you realise there are transaction fees, right?

I'm a lux-fag so I'm now interested in looking into bitstamp as its based her

>It doesn't allow margin trading though

what does that mean? Is it bad if they don't have it? (beginner here)

I just want to buy some bitcoin and invest into some shitcoins

>but i don't think my gainz will ever be high enough
oh yeah, thats a good argument

lel, i know it's lazy, but if there's ever a problem, i can withdraw my gainz from a different country.

What do you mean by "not always true"?

It was always true in my case, i bought with a credit card.

Margin trading is borrowing money that you don't own to trade with.
Stick with bitstamp if you only want to buy/sell.

I'm a lux-fag too btw.
Claiming taxes this year is going to be interesting.

Did you claim yourself as self-employed? Do you have to do that when you buy/sell shitcoins?

I didn't claim anything yet.
I held for years and never sold til now.
I only sold and traded this year.

If you actively buy/sell you'll have to claim taxes.
Use bitcoin.tax for that. You can simply import everthing from bitstamp/bittrex.
If you earn less than a certain amount (=?), you don't have to bother claiming anything; it's totally up to you.