You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the...

>You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

Why can't Christians follow this simple rule?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aFeyOkdSLmE
youtube.com/watch?v=eeJ_PaoJQZE
youtube.com/watch?v=kRrODsTV32k
youtube.com/watch?v=37pcwb2JKSA
youtube.com/watch?v=FiWiTA5H-oc
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because that's the Mosaic covenant.

/thread

I think God wanted this rule to apply to everyone including Christians

Humans gonna human

They didn't have these in Bible times

Applies to statues, carvings, and reliefs. 2D art and mosaics are ok which is why Hellenistic Jews had them but were done away with under the influence of Pharasaic Rabbinical Judaism. Muslims copied this autism from them. Obviously art shouldn't be banned but the fear including in early Christianity was idolatry and art becoming an object of worship so what's become of the tradition is what's reprehensible.

Christians are inherently hypocritical about everything.
Their entire religion revolves around blanket condemnations of "sin" for every single human who's ever lived, but they find any excuse no matter how insane for their own immoral and stupid behavior.

YHWH IS NOT GOD, AND JUDAISM IS NOT THE BASIS OF CHRISTIANITY.

Stay buttmad simple-minded literalist.

Explain this then

>Why can't Christians follow this simple rule?

Why should anyone follow the edicts of a false prophet who demands genocide, iconoclasm, rape and plunder?

youtube.com/watch?v=aFeyOkdSLmE

>I think God wanted this rule to apply to everyone including Christians
>I think
Well you think wrong.
gay lol

Art flourished in Christianity, because Christianity is a Romantic religion, and seeing the stories in full flesh brings out the emotions.

Judaism and Islam are more focused on Laws, where Christianity is more focused on attitude.

This.
Christians are less focused on obeying God because they do not love Him and just like doing what makes them feel good, in this case disobeying his Law.

Christians obeyed their more Secular Laws and looked to the bible for spiritual guidance. They also realized that a Law Code written for a foreign group of people in a foreign land might not be directly applicable for them.

Jesus was more about doing the right thing than arbitrarily following laws

I am interested, please explain.

Who gives a shit what you think

>don't make pictures of things

Was he serious? What a fucking autist

>gay lol

"I believe in a god and soul."

"Better become a raping, plundering, murdering terrorist who bludgeons people to death with stones in the name of God."

youtube.com/watch?v=eeJ_PaoJQZE

Because the human heart is a perpetual idol factory. It is expected that sinners would tell Jesus that the images He gave and continues to give to us -- Baptism and the Eucharist -- are insufficient, and would instead stray to the idolatrous imaginations of sculptors and painters instead of the divinely authorized images.

Can you? The law just said that you shouldn't draw an image up in the sky, underground, or underwater.

Can you explain this image to me?

>Can you explain this image to me?

It's a more credible candidate to be god than a story about a talking genocidal burning bush.

youtube.com/watch?v=kRrODsTV32k

Pure Undiluted Autism

>Pure Undiluted Autism

This is a fascinating species. I cannot comprehend this environment I find myself in. It seems to be full of people who claim to believe in gods but believe these gods hold nothing sacred and whose primarily powers are mob violence.

youtube.com/watch?v=37pcwb2JKSA

Exodus 25:18
>And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.
Why can't atheists read?

>One can see that the iconoclasts, whom one accuses of disdaining and negating images, were those who accorded them their true value, in contrast to the iconolaters who only saw reflections in them and were content to venerate a filigree God. On the other hand, one can say that the icon worshipers were the most modern minds, the most adventurous, because, in the guise of having God become apparent in the mirror of images, they were already enacting his death and his disappearance in the epiphany of his representations (which, perhaps, they already knew no longer represented anything, that they were purely a game, but that it was therein the great game lay - knowing also that it is dangerous to unmask images, since they dissimulate the fact that there is nothing behind them).

atheist are not allowed on this thread, please fuck off because we don't believe in atheist. you ignorant fool

St. John of Damascus settled this dispute long ago.

Moses' "horns" shares the same Greek usage for beams of light - see Gustave Dore's etching of Moses. Also, it is written if you love your father more than Christ, you are not worthy of Him. The images/videos you are posting are not coherent enough to comment on.

>Art flourished in Christianity, because Christianity is a Romantic religion, and seeing the stories in full flesh brings out the emotions.
then christians should not have tried to make a whole populaiton christian

Exodus 25:8-21
(8) And let them make me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them.
(9) According to all that I show thee, the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the furniture thereof, even so shall ye make it.
(10) And they shall make an ark of acacia wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.
(11) And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.
(12) And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four feet thereof; and two rings shall be on the one side of it, and two rings on the other side of it.
(13) And thou shalt make staves of acacia wood, and overlay them with gold.
(14) And thou shalt put the staves into the rings on the sides of the ark, wherewith to bear the ark.
(15) The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.
(16) And thou shalt put into the ark the testimony which I shall give thee.
(17) And thou shalt make a mercy-seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half [shall be] the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof.
(18) And thou shalt make two cherubim of gold; of beaten work shalt thou make them, at the two ends of the mercy-seat.
(19) And make one cherub at the one end, and one cherub at the other end: of one piece with the mercy-seat shall ye make the cherubim on the two ends thereof.
(20) And the cherubim shall spread out their wings on high, covering the mercy-seat with their wings, with their faces one to another; toward the mercy-seat shall the faces of the cherubim be.
(21) And thou shalt put the mercy-seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee.

I have come here not to abolish the law but to accomplish it, not an iota will be removed.

pleb tier translation??

KJV:
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Christ came to embrace the law fully, including prophecies about Him. If Mosaic law is still in effect, then Jesus didn't fulfil it...

"This is my Body, this is my Blood." (Mk 14:22, Luk 22:19)
"My Body is a Temple." (John 2:21)
"Who eats this Body, lives forever." (John 6:51)
"Who eats this Body and Blood in an unworthy way will be guilty of sin against the body and blood of the Lord." (1Cor 11:27)
"I have come here not to abolish the law but to accomplish it, not an iota will be removed." (Mt 5:17)
"I was before Abraham." (J 8:58)
"Make me a sanctuary." (Ex 25:8)

Go figure.

>Christ came to embrace the law fully, including prophecies about Him
Law concerned the Temple, the Priesthood and the Offering. Jesus is all of these.

Law is fulfilled by Christ, sustained by Him to fulfillment but not by us

Hence, all Sacraments (including the most holy sacrament of Eucharist) are ordered in persona Christi and ex opere operato.

>tfw you realise Christianity is a religion based on human sacrifice and ritual cannibalism.

Wait are you agreeing with OP or disagreeing, we might be on the same page. I may have misinterpreted you. I don't see a problem with holy images for supporting worship (but not necessarily being objects of worship per se)

Bible says so, so I disagree with the OP. OP don't know his sources.

A case could be made that any idle activity is a sin.
What is righteous is what God commands. Anything you do that God has not specifically commanded is idle behavior and is a disobedience to his will. Art, math, science... all are a waste of time and will send you to straight to hell.
See you guys there.

>Catholics believe partaking in human flesh and blood will grant them life eternal
>tfw you realize Catholics were teh vampires all along

Who taught you exegesis? Puritans?

I also disagree with OP, my bad.

Ecclesiastes had a bit to say about knowledge

Sloth (which can be particularly habitual) is the sin, but rest on Sabbath is not

The west wants a Semitic religion with Greco-Roman aesthetic, hence the paganic looking statues

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Until heaven and earth pass away no law is removed.

>St. John of Damascus
And what did it said?

>Law is fulfilled by Christ, sustained by Him to fulfillment but not by us
>Law concerned the Temple, the Priesthood and the Offering. Jesus is all of these.

Moses' law was never valid in the first place. Enjoy hell Abrahamics - you earned it.

youtube.com/watch?v=FiWiTA5H-oc

>Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

Only a complete retard could believe Jesus' teachings were compatible with Moses. Keep leaning on that one verse - eternity in hell awaits you.

well why did god say this one thing and then say that other thing.how do they justify this not obeying old law when jesus says they should

>…3"You shall have no other gods before Me. 4"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,
wait do i just not draw them or do i not draw them and then proceed to worship said drawing.

>Cardinal George Pell, Australia’s most senior Catholic and the third-ranking official in the Vatican, has been charged with multiple sexual offences by police.

The charges were served on Pell’s legal representatives in Melbourne on Thursday and they have been lodged also at Melbourne magistrates court. He will appear at the court on 18 July.

“Cardinal Pell is facing multiple charges … and there are multiple complainants,” Victoria police’s deputy commissioner Shane Patton said.

what does that have to do with what he said

Why would that not apply anymore? Was God wrong about it?

Hello, I don't listen to lunatics no matter how much they repeat the word "hell".