Who is your favorite painter that isn't in the top tier of "famous" artists like Vermeer and Raphael etc

Who is your favorite painter that isn't in the top tier of "famous" artists like Vermeer and Raphael etc

When she sends nudes and thinks she hiding her face

God.

He painted the universe, animals and mankind.

TL
Toulouse-Lautrec aka Tyrion Lannister

Shishkin

yeah, I saw a few of his paintings at the Metropolitan museum of art in NYC and really liked them

Damn. Is that bitch holding a gremlin or some shit

don't they have puppies where you live?

I don't know if you count him in the "top tier" of famous artists or not, but I absolutely love Bosch's stuff. Garden of Earthly Delights alone makes him amazing in my book.

EGON SCHIELE —I AM UNCERTAIN REGARDING WHETHER HE QUALIFIES AS "TOP TIER FAMOUS"—, AND HUGO REINHOLD KARL JOHANN "FIDUS" HÖPPENER.

Bosch is one of the top primitives, his paintings have an unique style and i feel it is because he had a lot of freedom in his work

>Nude
>Wearing shoes
user, I...

Beksinski

I'd say Ilya Repin or Caspar David Friedrich but they might be top tier so

John Martin, though everyone with knowledge in art history do know who he is.

frantisek kupka

Caravaggio but I guess he is too popular for this thread.

Thicc

Osman Hamdy Bey

Beksinski is legitimately great, one of my favorites as well. The modern art world is dominated by gate-keepers in the guise of art critics and the most elitist circles imaginable for great artists like him to not be known more.

nice choice, user

Osman Hamdi Bey is great if you know his deeper meanings and references.
Do you know what the Tortoise Trainer refers to?

isnt it about some ottoman architect or something

From what I read, it's actually about the painter himself (being the Trainer) - he's tried to train and refine the tortoises (the populace, the government) with art (the flute in his hands, the drum on his back), but has failed and now watches his failures dejectedly.

Thigh high boots were the late 19th century equivalent of stripper heels

I wish they would make a come back personally.

Oskar Kokoschka followed by Gustav Klimt.

Is Murillo considered too famous?

Jules Breton

Gustave Moreau.

Otto Dix because of his transformation as an artist. The guy 'got it.'

Ehrenstrahl

Paul Klee

End yourself

Don't think Gauguin is top tier famous.

>bosch
>primitive
W e W

Carel fabritius

Found the yid

Gustave Moreau
William Blake
Viktor Vasnetsov
John Martin
Nicolas Poussin
Arnold Bocklin
Albercht Durer
Gustave Dore

not a painter but w/

Love me some doré

No
This user got the meaning of it, but not the reference

Jalal ad-din Mevlana Rumi had written a poem about a man covered in red clothing who is calm, wise and always carries a Reed flute.

It is the combined knowledge of various arts that create a masterpiece. Thank you anons for liking Osman bey. Deep inside I smile because there are still people like you.

>implying Vermeer isn't top tier