Credit Cards

hey Veeky Forums
What credit card should I get? I have a 796 credit score, so I imagine I can get most everything I apply for, but I'm not sure what to get. AMEX sent me an offer for their platinum travel card, but $550 is not worth it for me as I don't travel enough to utilize the features.
Otherwise credit card general?

Also, I'm not sure if this kind of thread is allowed here, but I scrolled through the catalog and 70% of the threads are BTC, so I figured something else would be good.

Other urls found in this thread:

discovercard.com/application/displayLanding?pageFileId=double-paidsearch-secured&sc=KXNU&iq_id=r43700011012305750&cmpgnid=ps-dca-sc-google-brand-brandsecuredcard&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx4fL7snN1QIVBoVpCh0CHwwdEAAYASAAEgL5XvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Rule #1. Never pay for a credit card.
Rule #2. Always get paid to use your credit card.
Rule #3. Be a good goy and care about your credit score.

I follow #1 and 2. Borrowing in a way that lets interest accrue is almost always a bad move. Especially on non-productive assets. I couldn't give less of a shit about my credit score.

Anyway. I have a Chase card affiliated with amazon. Have it set to auto-pay. I get 5% back on amazon purchases. 2% back on food/gas. 1% on everything else. The catch is, i can only spend them at amazon, which is cool with me. It just makes Christmas free.

I had to pay for a secured credit card (200 deposit and $30 annual) since I had no credit at all and it raised my credit to like 730 in a year. Then I got a nice low interest auto loan. I'm now waiting for my chase freedom unlimited cashback card. I was gonna go for the citi double cash back but this one offers $150 for spending 500 in three months. I've cancelled my secured since they were going to hold my deposit forever.

I never really cared either, but I suddenly have a good score and wanted to utilize it. I have never carried interest on the 28% interest CC loans because I'm not a stupid nigger.

>(200 deposit and $30 annual)
user, you need to report this to the police. You got raped.
>since I had no credit at all
No, you got jewed. Anyone can get a $300 credit limit card, for free, literally anyone.
>low interest auto loan.
it better be under 2% or you're going to have to report another rape case. 2.2% is the average inflation for 2017.

Good on you for canceling your jewcard and getting a better one.

>never carried interest
good job user.

As long as the economy doesn't collapse in the next decade (very real possibility) now could be a good time to secure a low interest rate on a house, if you're planning to utilize it soon. if the economy somehow doesn't collapse in the next 18 months, interest rates are going to slowly recover.

Citi Double Cash is the best. 1,578 dollars in cash back rewards for purchases I was going to make anyways. I have all my regular bills such as phone, water, electricity set up to be paid by it, and I use it for everything else that absolutely doesn't require cash payment. ALWAYS make sure the statement balance is paid in full every month though, because if you allow the interest to carry then the cash back won't be worth it.

I just paid cash for a house at tax sale a few weeks ago. Perhaps I will consider getting a mortgage anyway and buying some hookers and blow.
A 1.5% cash back card seems the best I can find, which is somewhat lame.

That's awesome. How much of a discount did you get under market value?

this is incorrect. I had 0 credit and could not get a card from ANYONE!

I applied to 20 card in 2 years NOT ONE ACCEPTED ME

Dont fucking sit there any say its possible its not you faggot.

I've been looking to get a secured card to start building up credit.

What do you guys think of the Discover It secured card?

discovercard.com/application/displayLanding?pageFileId=double-paidsearch-secured&sc=KXNU&iq_id=r43700011012305750&cmpgnid=ps-dca-sc-google-brand-brandsecuredcard&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx4fL7snN1QIVBoVpCh0CHwwdEAAYASAAEgL5XvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is there a better card I should start with? I have no credit history at all at the moment even though I'm 23.

How did I get one then? I was 18, 0 credit. I had a checking account with 5/3rd. I was able to also get a credit card with them. $0 fees. $300 limit.

I had to get a secured credit card man. No regrets.

Yea it's better but I wanted the $150 bonus since I'm hurting. Just found out my gf been carrying a fuckin balance on her cc and we share an account.

Inb4 cuck retard

She makes more money than me, cooks, cleans, laundry, vagina.

They give kids college age cards but a grown man without credit will not get one.

Amazon credit card is nice

Is this the best option available for someone getting his first credit card?
The cashback on it is really appealing to me...
Considering I have no credit history yet, and I have 0 reason to actually use a credit card ever except to build up a good credit score and I have plenty of money..

Yea Discover is actually fuckin legit.

Alright, I might do this today then.

I just want to check that there's no better options out there for a first time credit card before I apply since I obviously wouldn't want to apply for another card right away if something better comes up.

The three I use are
Amazon Prime Store Card (5% back for Amazon purchases)
Visa Costco Card (4% for their gas, 2% for Costco)
Citi Double Card for everything else (2% on everything)

All of those cards are free, (amazon prime and costco charge memberships).

Over my life I've probably gotten about $2000 back in free money, never had a rotating balance.

>(amazon prime and costco charge memberships)
I don't have prime, and i still get 5% back

But in my case, with no credit, I should start with a secured card like here: right?

I want the Citi Double card too....but I think I need credit first for all that fun stuff.

how?

I'm not sure. I had mine way before they were offering 5% back on amazon purchases. I was getting 3% back, then they changed it to 5 not too long ago. Just looked at my chase account... it does say "amazon prime", to my surprise. But I definitely don't have prime.

huh, cool, that's a sweet deal for you if you don't want prime

Well it was filled with trash, and needs some work, but the nearby comps are selling for ~$140 sqft and I bought mine for $41 sqft.
I just got the Citi double cash card, thanks user

I have that Costco card as well, and it is 4% on any gas (execpt competitors like Kroger/Sam's Club)

Buy a card from crypto pay if you want one

It's a BTC prepaid card 5 dollar a month

sometimes its smart to buy cards if they give perks you can take advantage of
my father got the second highest amex (it's gray) and will atleast break even each year on the annual fee because he gets monthly payments for certain things

yeah there was an article from an amex blackcard business owner that says the insane fees are justified because he flies half of the year and charges huge expenditures for raw material to the card and it ends up being profitable somehow (must be nice)

step one: get 12-month 0% APR credit cards
step two: get Switch (Point of Sale) and send credit to bank account
step three: Wait a day. Dump money in bank account in Gemini or any marketplace.
Step four: Buy crypto.
Step five: pay minimum fees per month ($25) to maintain card

???

Profit.

I turned 3500 into 12k.

They just called me about the application I submitted and I'm approved for $15k with introductory 0% for 9 months. You could be onto something user.

Very nice user. Great job, you're going places.

Maybe I can apply for a bunch of credit cards, max them all out and put everything into memecoins!

but what if crypto tanks

one year is a long time, if you take no risks you'll go nowhere in life.