Emishi and Jomon vs ainu

So where does Veeky Forums stand in this discussion?
Apparently, it was once thought Emishi were basically related to Ainu and both originated as the Jomon people but it seems archeological evidence shows a more complicated relationship and the Ainu may a tually just be they're own people (of Eurasian descent) mostly separate from the Jomon and completely different from Emishi.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emishi
emishi-ezo.net/emishi_anthro.html
Pic related is Ainu girl and link above has pics of Emishi and Ainu.
Anyway, how different do you think the languages were ? Were they able to understand each other at all? Did different tribes even with these groups have different languages/dialects?
It sucks the Yayoi Japanese pretty much displaced and genocided them cause then Japan would have been so much more ethinically diverse. Like other Asian countries (China, Thailand, Maylaysia).

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/jhg/journal/v62/n2/full/jhg2016110a.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would you want Japan to be diverse? many good things and special about Japan was achieved due to how homogenous they are

If any race deserves to be bred out of existence it's nips tbqh

T. park ping pong

Korean eat dog!

Genetically Ainu were a mix of Jomon and nearby Siberian folks related to Native Americans and Eskimo-Aleuts but still close to Jomon.

These days they are very mixed with mainstream Japanese and some individuals have Russian heritage as well. Emishi were maybe slightly more Jomon.

Except the Ainu still exist so Japan being homogenous is just a meme they created to make themselves out to be superior.
Also I'm not really talking about culturally you dingus, just racially/genetic. No one really cared about race and all that in the past. It was all about culture and national pride (See Europe).
It would be cool for more genic diversity in their population.stop being such a edgy /pol/tard.

Back to /int/ with your antics and pretending to be foreign posters.

>Not understanding how the Japanese census works
They don't list ethnicity, only country of birth

>And Siberian folks related to Native Americans and Eskimo
Then why were Ainu so hairy? Just Jomon genetics? Data show they weren't so similar though.

t. brainwashed weeb race traitors

No the data does not show this. Ainu and Ryukyuans/Okinawans are much more Jomon than the average Japanese although they look nothing alike.
The hairy thing might be something specific to the northern Jomon.

Well that's retarded. Not even race? What if a European or Black was born and raised there?
Anyway I was talking more in terms of their genetic diversity. As the Ainu and their features are still around, it still creates some diversity. Their culture and be completely assimilated(and it almost is) but that wouldn't make Japanese completely homogenous outside of culture. That was what I was getting at in my OP anyway. It's a shame they don't have as much as they could have.

>What if a European or Black was born and raised there?
Then they're Japanese, that's how the census works and why they have the homogeneous meme

>It sucks the Yayoi Japanese pretty much displaced and genocided them cause then Japan would have been so much more ethinically diverse. Like other Asian countries (China, Thailand, Maylaysia).

>China
>Ethnic conflicts and Uighur-Tibet rebellions

>Thailand
>Southern muslims rebels and undeveloped jungle tribes

>Malaysia
>Ethnic conflict and riot, racism was everywhere, so much that they exclude Singapore as a state for being dominantly Chinese

Yes, good thing Japan doesn't turn out like them

Can you all please leave this thread matter fact this board to go to your containment board? At least put on your trips so I can filter you. Either way I'm hiding your posts.they are a distraction from intellectual discourse.

>Either way I'm hiding your posts.they [sic] are a distraction from intellectual discourse.

Top kek.
Imagine being this much of a clueless try hard.

So you admit that the Japanese homogeny claim is a meme supported by culture only then? My point, (and my bad because I may have phrased it poorly)was genetic diversity, not necessarily cultural, would have been better.

Yeah but it's like going to the zoo and all they have are giraffes and nothing else.

I meant genetic, ok! Genetic not necessarily cultural diversity.

There is evidence from the same source in OP that Emishi actually had some Caucasian features too. I was looking for one of the images they linked showing this resemblance but it doesn't seem to work for me. Anyone able to help out?

Jomon represented a basal and isolated split inside the East Asian clade. They didn't specifically have Caucasoid traits they just didn't acquire Mongoloid ones as they were outside the Mongoloid gene pool.

I also have a ethnographic study done on the different tribes of of Ainu in Hokkaido (Northern) island of Japan(culturally and linguisticly). It's from a data base so I will have to upload the PDF on pastepin or drop box to link it if anyone is interested.

Huh? So what were they then? Negroid? how are they not caucasoid yet have no mongaloid traits? Were they a blend like Austronesian ?

Well, the common ancestor of Caucasoids and East Asians was broadly similar to both Australian Aboriginals and Sub-Saharan-Africans as it was tropically adapted but still different from anything that exists in the present day.
Mongoloids and Caucasoids didn't immediately pop into existence after the genetic split which happened about 50k BC.
When the ancestors of Jomon split from other East Asians around 10-15k years later they still had largely archaic phenotypes which went onto develop in a different direction without geneflow.

>Huh? So what were they then?
They are basal East Asians,close to the divergence of the East Asian component within Amerindians.

Modern East Asians are bifurcated into a East Asian highlander(Sherpa) or a East Asian lowlander(Dai,Ami) component.

>how are they not caucasoid yet have no mongaloid traits?
Lacking a Mongoloid phenotype =/= Caucasoid.

>Were they a blend like Austronesian?
Taiwanese Austronesians are descendants of this East Asian farmers from the mainland.

Austronesian speakers from Southeast Asia have a Negrito genetic substrate.

So is that where the Emishi come in or what? The less archiac features of Jomon?

Component with Amerindians only they were hairy?

>Component with Amerindians only they were hairy?
Amerindians are a mix of West Eurasians(ANE) and a basal East Asians component.

The Jomon diverged before the Amerindians or vice versa but they both became isolated around that time.
nature.com/jhg/journal/v62/n2/full/jhg2016110a.html

Korea is also highly homogeneous nation/society, but that still can't stop them splitting into 2 countries till these days.

Political and Cultural unity are far more important than racial homogeneous.

Koreans are unlucky due to their location directly connected to China, even though they're ethnically homogenous, they never break free from China shackles, they didn't have the chance to develop themselves independently the way japan has

Ok thanks,
Back to the Emishi then any pics illustrating their differences from Ainu?

Why would there be pictures of people who haven't existed for 500 years or more?

Just try to find pictures of people from mountain villages in the far north of the main island if you're so interested.

Well, images or sketches more like...Found these sketches but after that, all there is images from that anime, Princess Mononoke, of Ashitaka. Then more pics of Ainu.

Would Emishi and Ainu literally not be able to understand each other? How did they ever communicate with the other Japanese?

Found some of these too

Existing in insignificant numbers means they may as well not. Japan is not literally homogenous but it is virtually homogenous.

Yeah culturally. It still sucks that those groups were genocided. They would have been more genetically diverse as was main point.
In the mean time post Ainu cuties or sketches of Jomon

How did the Romans manage to trade with the Chinese?

It just werks

But some Emishi at one point fought with the Yayoi Japanese of the Yamato court when they decided to surrender and join them. How the hell did they communicate then?