Is going from rags to riches actually possible for the average person?

Is going from rags to riches actually possible for the average person?

>possible
mark 9:23
>average person
well you're already failing if you only think of yourself as "average"

statistically speaking, it highly unlikely in a single lifetime.

Wow

good thing I didn't say "for me"

Statistically, the poor usually stay poor and the wealthy usually stay wealthy. I guess this question was more directed towards individuals who know finance enough to give a personal evaluation

if it was possible for the average person then riches would be average by definition

on crack

you have a point there

but just because it's possible in the average situation doesn't mean they would actually do what's necessary (like actually get a job and not constantly reproduce, for example)

It is in cryptoland. Start with 1000 and get on a couple of moon rides.

Die race traiting (((Christians)))

7% manages to do it. That's not much at all. It's definitely difficult. Not impossible. But daaamn difficult.

I mean of course I could have used religion in this lol. "durr God can make them rich." No. God doesn't make the average person rich (unless they're Jewish, but that's a whole different story)

that 7 percent was probably coupled with plenty of chance meetings and strategic placement, as well

I mean he was slanging crack and by the time he started rapping "professionally" he already made a lot dough from dope. Have you not heard this guy's lyrics? (Empire state of mind)

I don't understand the point you're trying to make here, but yes. This is definitely someone I look up to regardless of his story

God dosen't make jewish ppl rich anymore.
they dont need Him.
their infrastructure and community and principles are enough for them.

yeah it was a little bit of sarcasm lol

In other words...
...selling dope can help, you triggered lil bitch

>average person
I don't believe so. The average person works a job for a wage and employment has ceilings that even for the most successful tops out at the low six figures. Going into business for yourself is among the only ways, not something for the "average"

If you look right here, you'll have a rare chance to experience peak autism

Not via wage slavery. The average person needs to sell something other than their time.

Agreed. Becoming rich takes some hustle

Cool

Jay-Z sold his soul to get where he is
He should be mocked for trading eternity for being king shit in this trash pile for a few decades. Literally buy high sell low.

How? No illuminati bullshit

It's Illuminatti bullshit. Even though his new album is actually a gospel style project..

mocking and using God's name for self promotion is nothing new.

after all this guy actually goes so far as to call himself Jehovah

how gross is that ?

how can that not make your stomach turn ?

2 Corinthians 11:13-15
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

ok how am I getting so much religion on a finance board LMAO

Average? No absolutely fucking not. You need some above-average combination of intelligence/work ethic. Or get lucky on shitcoins, but that miniscule probability would make you not-average by definition.

yes, my family came from below poverty...my parent is now a general partner for a top finance firm and lives in a fucking castle.

youd be surprised what hard work will do

*youd be surprised what kneepads will do

ftfy ;)

Can we not destroy the only inspiring comment in this thread?

>inspired by kneepads.

A lot of successful people see themselves as pretty average, mostly because they don't view every little accomplishment as a major thing and always push for a little more.

Think of it this way, you're dirt poor, no work, nothing. You get a minimum wage job and get to keep your job, and eat. That job probably feels like a godsend that moment, but in time you will notice the problems, you'll want more, and you'll feel miserable, despite it being so great a little while ago. So you'll look for a new job, you're stable now, and then you might get a better job, and it feels great, but it soon also becomes not enough. That's how you achieve success over time.

The issue is, most people get scared along the way, they feel like they have what they want and they start getting into things that trap them there. You know, when you're alone, or don't have a mortgage, or whatever, you can take that job risk, but when people depend on you and you owe people money, it's a lot harder to do that. Some can still manage it, but it's mostly why people never make it beyond very minor success too, they just have too much stuff to worry about that keeps them trapped. I remember way back when I worked at a grocery store in high school, they loved hiring older dudes with a family, because they knew those guys would bend over backwards to keep their shit job. As for young kids, why would they want those? They have other obligations, and worst that happens is they get fired and move on to something else, they have tons of options, unlike captain paycheck to paycheck over there who's kids will starve and he'll go to prison if he loses that shit job.

The problem with that assumption is the oversaturation of terrible jobs. Sure, we (early 20s here) can pick any job, but any job worth a damn can be hard to find.

Kind of. So there are two factors when it comes to work and wealth.

The first thing is that wealth is actually easy to build, but it's not fun. Everything we see, every day, is about doing the opposite of building wealth. Remember, it's all about lamboland, not about wealth.

As for jobs, it's usually a frame of reference problem. Most people aim for companies that are established and large, but very few look for kind of lesser known million dollar companies that are a mess. In that mess you can make a ton of money just by solving rather simple problems if you take the risk. This year alone I got a 20k raise in a 50 person company that's existed for decades, simply because I was planning to leave and was one of the few people who knew certain systems they were pushing. The trick is to learn the things that are missing, even if they're not part of your job, and take them on as responsibilities so they don't fill that need. That's not doable in a larger company, with a large staff, and more financial ability to hire on redundant people. This also allowed me to take on other projects I wanted to do, especially ones that have been desired but neglected, so that I can negotiate a hire position and pay in the near future.

Even if they don't play ball and don't give me the amount I'm looking for, I'll just start looking for work elsewhere. Part of doing these projects, that I can be in charge of, is that I can create a sort of portfolio that I can present later down the road to other companies, showing off product lines I introduced, the systems behind them, and how I worked with multiple teams to optimize the projects to best benefit the company.