I unironically think that China has the richest history out of every country in the world

I unironically think that China has the richest history out of every country in the world

I agree. It is certainly among the most rich in history. But is it the most interesting history? I don't think so.

Probably. No other civilization has anything that can compare to the Twenty Four Histories.

China has so much culture and potential it actually sad desu, Imagine if cultural revolution never happened

Tbh I'm not convinced by this. Culture is always lost through modernization. Look at SK.

It's almost as if they have 1.4 Billion people in their country. Is it really superior per CAPITA? Let's find out...

In terms of all the history and art lost? Agreed, damn shame. But olde China was noted more for its stagnation and rigidity than any sort of potential. It's neat to imagine some sort of alternate reality China that did not take on much western influence but still managed to retain power and influence. But that ship had sailed long before the revolution. It would probably more resemble Saudi Arabia without petrol, i.e. shitty, impoverished, and repressive, than any sort of viable alternative to the current state capitalism.

It's worth remembering that the old hierarchies and traditions meant fuck all to the peasants and farmers who made up the population and who would prefer bread to classical poetry and emperors. The cultural revolution did not improve their lives significantly of course but that tends to be how revolutions go.

>Culture is always lost through modernization.

European culture is being destroyed long after its modernization. The Europe as whole, full of different cultures, is a proof modernization itself can't possibly destroy a culture (unless it's about hunter & gather). What destroys a culture is a dominant, totaliarian culture, like the one that devoured China in cultural revolution and the one that is destroying EU as we speak.

China has, like, no culture at all.

>richest history

By what measure? They've literally done nothing in history besies well... being China. All you need to learn about them is the Han dynasty and the Three Kingdoms period and you know the entire history of it.

>tfw mao destroyed chinese culture

>Korean culture was lost as a result of modernization
I shiggy diggy

>Chinese
>history
Kek. They have nothing on European history

I totally agree. Unironically the greatest civilization the world has ever seen and probably the most fascinating and richest history there is. There's just so much.

>tfw no early Eastern industrial revolution spurred by the Song

Definitely among the richest famalam.

1940 Korean culture and 2017 """"Korean"""" culture have very little in common. The written language, the religion, the clothing, the feudal culture, the mass starvation, the circumcision ... the only thing similar is shitty corrupt leaders and a new colonial master.

You are a fucking idiot and are proud of it.

Literacy for peasants was de-facto banned for most of Chinese history by the way. Literate people are people who think and question the system too much.

Part of the immense complexity of traditional/classical Chinese language was meant to maintain this social heirarchy.

Please explain. How can a nation not have culture? Even a nigger with a stick can make and have culture.

Italy beats it in both desu

The only thing culturally China's given the world is authoritian philosophical and political systems like Confucianism and Legalism. Three Kingdoms is probably the GOAT civil war though.

That's only natural for a civilization that has existed since before the bronze age collapse.

I like the southern dong dynasty and early qing couldn't care for anything else.

meant to say northern and southern SONG dynasty, not dong dynasty, lol

Why? The Southern Dong, along with the Northern Wang, was an almost virile period of Chinese history. The Dong and Wang Period may be one of the harder periods of Chinese history to comprehend but it pumped China so full of culture that the seed of its prosperty was clearly deposted across the land.