Unified Balkan State

Why haven't the Balkan states managed to unify and create a stronger nation, and have it remain stable for so long like France, Italy, or Germany?

They share a common-ish history and culture, and have language differences more similar to HochDeutsch and BayernischDeutsch rather than English and France, so why haven't they been able to unify?

The closest time this ever happened was, of course, Yugoslavia, but when Tito died the whole thing broke apart

Why are the Balkans so at each other's throats, Veeky Forums?

They did and they failed. A unified Turkestan would make more sense.

not really
Because Balkanrapebabies are 80IQ subhumans and we should have genocided them

>and have language differences more similar to HochDeutsch and BayernischDeutsch rather than English and France
>two different slavic languages, greek, albanian, a romance language, and a finno-ugric one.

Also
>three different alphabets
>three religions
>hundreds of years of territorial conflict
>Yugoslavia ended with a genocide
Gee OP, I'm stumped. It has the potential of being such an organic union of states.

Not really. We, romanians, like the serbs, even if they don't like us back.

>Hungary
>Balkan

>Greece
>Balkan

Greece is THE Balkan state. There is no other country so quinteseentially Balkan.

>retards make fantasy unions to soothe their map autism

ah yes, Veeky Forums

>Southern Slavic languages, Romanian and Greek are similar.
Not at all.
>They share a common-ish history and culture
To a very limited extent. Maybe at face value. Still their national interests and identities often clash and there is a long history of war in the area.

I think what you want to say is why Yugoslavia or a Slavic federation isn't a thing. That's not the Balkans though.

Please delete this thread and go to /int/ and then /balk/.

>They share a common-ish culture
That common culture includes of culture of tribalism. It is a region full of regions divided into regions where folklore praises highwaymen, rebels and outlaws as being heroes. There's something about the Balkan mentality that makes him reject building larger states. Not everyone is interested in being part of a larger community. This has been true for the region since ancient times, starting with the quarrels between Greek city-states or the conflicts of Illyrian tribes.

I would just like to mention how I'm always losing my sides in /balk/ generals as most of the threads end up in a big flame war between countries

When it's not a flame war on an international level, it'll literally just turn into an intranational flame war between the different regions. It can go even further from that, you can see coastal Dalmatians and hinterland Dalmatians slinging insults at each other. The divisions are endless. There are two villages on an island near my city. These two villages are 10 minutes of driving apart, but the locals act as if they're two completely different peoples and will tell you what the "others" are like. There are stereotypes for each village, like girls from a certain village all have big tits, people from XY tiny island are all cheap, etc. We're talking about places with a population of 500 to 1500 people each.

>They share a common-ish history
Are you kidding me?
>and culture,
Whaaat?
>and have language differences more similar to HochDeutsch and BayernischDeutsch rather than English and France
Fucking kek

Bulgaria and Yugoslavia and Albania should have united in the 1960s so the break up in 1990s would have been even more hella epic.

Its Mediterranean
Whenever I hear Balkan I think of Serbs

Greece is culturally closer to Serbia than it is to Italy or Spain. Greece is where Orthodox Slavs inherited a lot of their culture from. Don't let your worldview be shaped by memes.

>mfw my greeknigger friends in nyc used to make fun of me for being from "undeveloped" Croatia and acted like Greece was civilized and Scandinavia tier before 2008 constantly bragging about how they were in the EU since 1980

>I think of
Well you're a retard, who cares who you think of. The entire Balkan "culture" (Orthodoxy, low IQ mountain people, ethnic squabbles, Turk occupation heritage) was created by Greeks.

This is italian-tier rivalry
>muh people from X city are thieves and whores, don't trust them

Their coastal towns are Italy/Spain tier comfy though, but then again maybe its just on tourist areas

>comfy
>tourism
Leave. This is not what we're discussing and nobody cares for your /int/ memery, I can smell your britishness all the way here.

Well, that's because you're retarded

>I know nothing of the region and think everyone is just the same lol why don't they unite

>The Balkans

Honestly lads we should just fence the entirety of the Balkans in and treat it like the Zone.

It would be possible if the Austrians had gassed all the Serbs in WWI

they should be unified under an Ottoman banner

>It would be possible if the Austrians had gassed all the Croatians in WWI
fixd*

We have enough problems and babysitting genocidal tribals should not be added to that list.

>Why haven't the Balkan states managed to unify and create a stronger nation

Serbia had the mandate to unite the Balkans into a greater Serbia, but they failed - repeatedly. Croatians are cowardly bootlickers, and Greeks are just lazy. The only way to salvage this place is to make it a Russian province one day.

We like you too.

t. Serb

>Russian province one day.
Kill yourself.
The only so many of my fellow countrymen love Russia is because they never had the chance to invade us.
t. Serb

>a Serb who doesn't wish he were Russian
Good on you.

We don't have a left or right wing. All of our political parties are centrist. The only difference is "Russia or EU". And i fucking hate the mindless drones of both sides. Both of them are terminally naive. Both the ones who believe in "Russian friendship" and the ones who imagine the EU as a magical godmother from Cinderella that's going to wave a wand and double their paycheck.
Our forefathers went to war for freedom 100 years ago, and now pro EU parties hold 90% of the vote (who all suck Russian cock as well, tho at various levels), while i've heard people unironically proclaim they want to be a province of Russia.
Now they give up our freedom willingly.

That has to be incredibly frustrating. How many nations have sought political freedom and never achieved it while your countrymen want to place their necks under Putin or Merkel's boots? Jesus Christ that's disgusting and I feel bad for you, user.

Literally, our president went on official visits to both Merkel and Putin one week before the election. It's disgusting. He has the support of both, and that's why he's winning. The pro EU opposition has no chance, because they have to work with the pro Russian opposition and in the end the result would be the same.
Funny, a leftist criticizing the opposition said it straight "i hear my fellow opposition politicians get on tv and talk about how they'd be better at EU integrations than the current government, and when i hear them say this i want to jump out the window"

Funny thing is main reason we conquered them so easily is because Balkanlars fought each other lol.

Only good fight given to us were the Arnauts all the others was like fighting embryos lol

He probably wishes he was a Slovenian instead :^)

Daily reminder that Slovenians are the high elves of the slav race

No, kill yourself stablekeeper. I dislike both Russia and the EU.

:^) if i kill myself you subhumans wont have anyone to look up to.

I need to live to inspire the lesser races

>sucked the cock of their overlords for a 1000 years
>hugher race

Austrians are Slovenians. The difference is only cultural not genetic.

Adolf Hitler was an ethnic Venetian-modern Slovenian

>das rite we wuz hitler n shiet

This thread has been Balkanized

This.
My hometown has ~25k people and there are literally countless groups we divide each other in. Your street, the playground you played on, your team, the place where you went to party, the schools you went to, the hobbies you do,... Of course they are not really intense groups, but it shows.
Stuff like your hometown, region and municipality, now that is the real deal.

>being a Nemškutar
Fuck off.

So that faggot that started a war and lost was a Slovenian? I don't see what is there to be proud off.

Claiming Hitler won't get you much respect on this board

Based