Have any of you ever taken out a small loan for a friend in need...

Have any of you ever taken out a small loan for a friend in need? Thinking about doing this for a really good friend of mine that I've known for a long time.

Her identity was stolen by a lady her dad was dating and said lady got multiple loans in her name. My friend got most of them cleared up, but one of the loan companies is doing illegal shit and making her pay it despite having proof it was identity theft. She's working on a lawsuit against them and her lawyer advised her to pay them in the mean time. My friend also got a court order against the lady and the lady is paying her back in incriments and my friend's gonna get a huge settlement in addition to whatever she wins against the loan company.

In the mean time, she's in a financial bind because the lady fucked up her credit. Her job also cut her pay and she needs about $2000 or so to take care of expenses. My friend says she'll pay the loan back herself so that way it'll also increase my credit score. She's also gonna give me part of her settlement as a thank you. She's a really good person and I've known her for years. She's also helped me when I was at my lowest. You think I should go for it and get the loan?

Have you done this for a friend before, Veeky Forums? How did it go?

She's not going to fuck you.

dont do it you fucking idiot

It's always been a platonic relationship user. I'm just trying to be a good person and help someone.

Even if it's just $2000?

>she runs off to fuck Chad
>you're in debt
Beta.

She's still not going to fuck you

i remember that show

fuck im old

We don't know this person or your financial situation. If you're comfortable loaning the money then go for it but you should basically consider it a gift in your mind. I've seen friendships ruined over personal loans.

Okay.

Can I get some constructive answers instead of "don't do it you fucking idiot"?

if what you say is true then she isn't using you like the spineless cuck you are. just know that arguements over money destroy friendships.

Get it in writing. She already has a lawyer, so have 'm draft something up quick.

Do it. Part of settlement sounds good, even if it's only a few hundred or few thousand.

If it's only 2000 dollars I thi k you can go to modestneeds.org they help people who are down on their luck and need to get through a rough patch instead of taking out a loan.

She's helped me out when I was in a bind, so I'm just returning the favor. I've seen all her documents. This loan company really is doing illegal shit. We've also agreed to get something in writing. She's also agreed to pay some of my bills.

It's your money.

a) never loan friends money

b) If you're going to, it should be less than $1,000

c) assume you will never see that money again

Fun fact: the OVA had been running for a long time and ended in 2005. They're also doing a revival this year.

You don't even have 2k to lend to a friend in need?
Wtf are you doing with your life...

First off she's not a good friend of yours if she was you wouldn't ask random people on philipean basket weaver forum

Just be honest and say you have doubts of the ROI you might get

I personally would make a contract over 10% of the setteling summ, atleast x2 of your investment

See you on small claims court TV

Dude that story sounds completely fake, you're fucked if you give "her" anything. But maybe if you get sex out of it is worth it. I wouldn't, though.

If it's only 2k then it isn't that huge of a risk compared to the potential benefits you would get
I say go for it