How do I secure my coins?

I've bought some ETH and BTC at coinbase.
I don't want to trade though and I'm afraid they might fuck them up.
I want them in a safe place while a jerk off to GDAX charts.

electrum for btc

sell your eth and buy more btc...

>electrum for btc
What is that?
All this new stuff is hurting my head I want to cry.

If BTC go off the charts, am I bound to coinbase fees to turn them into €?

BUMP.

dont listen to this faggot. Buy a hardware wallet: either a ledger nano s or a trezor.

But it depends how much you want to invest?
You may just download a phone app: mycelium is one of the best. Just make sure to keep the 12 word seed secure somewhere (when you create a new wallet, you will need to write down a 12 words, if you lose them you may never recover your wallet).

Thank you for the answer.
I did some reading and I think I'm going to use a Paper Wallet until a have a better grasp of cryptocurrency.
That's about printing some codes and keeping them safe, right?
Is there a guide for doing that starting from my coinbase account?
>But it depends how much you want to invest?
I only have a few houndred €s.

I did the same thing as OP recently and don't want my coins on an exchange either. Can I put my coins in a hardware wallet and not touch the wallet for a few years? I've been researching hardware wallets but I couldn't find that answer. Do the wallets have a battery? Do I have to plug it in and view my balance every now and then?

You can view your balance with Blockfolio...

>m going to use a Paper Wallet until
No dont do that ! a phone app like mycelium would be far less dangerous. It's free and secure.
Yes, you just plug the hardware wallet into a usb port, it doesn't require battery. Yes you have to plug it to view your balance. But since you will know how much BTC there is on it, you can just look at the price online. Also if it's just a small amount, a phone app is enough. I had my coins for a long time on my phone before moving them into a hardware wallet.
Go with the ledger nano s (cheaper) or trezor.

... paper wallet... write down your private key on a piece of paper... delete files... done... whats the problem here.

for this he should be 100% sure there isn't any malware on his computer. + he may mess up doing a transaction, for example not sending all his coins.

Thanks. Yeah I'm planning on getting the ledger nano s when it's available again in September. Just want to sit on 1 BTC and 4 ETH for the next several years and watch it grow.

do you already have your coins?

Yes. They're on coinbase.

exodus for ETH and BTC. a few others as well

if 5% of the money in altcoins like eth were put in bitcoin, bitcoin price would shoot up to 25k instantly... I have a bit of eth but I would trade them for bitcoin anyday.

so if i were you i would watch eth price regularly and be ready to dump them for btc.

I think that's going to happen soon, which is why I decided to invest. I think that 5% is going to come from corporations, though. I decided to invest in ETH for that very reason. Reading about the EEA and the Russian government's investment in the technology convinced me it was worth it. If it ends up flopping, then whatever. I wouldn't invest money that I couldn't afford to lose.

That's the plan.

Buy on amazon

>No dont do that ! a phone app like mycelium would be far less dangerous. It's free and secure.
Ok.
How do I go about transferring my BTCs to Mycelium?

I'm going to hard reset my phone (which is not rooted) and install Mycelium but I can't seem to find a guide for sending the BTCs there.
Are there fees for the transfer from Coinbase to Mycelium by the way?

secure? is this a joke?

>secure? is this a joke?
What do you mean?

STOP USING COINBASE THEIR FEES ARE THEFT.

so where can i secure my ALT coins ?

I noticed that.
That's one of the reason I want to withdraw my coins from there.

For places like Australia, Coinbase is pretty much the only place of worth

What does the place you live have anything to do with crypto?

I mean their fees are high and the fact that it takes them a week to deliver your coins even though they withdraw the money out of your account in a day is also a fucking crime, but it's pretty much the only option outside of meeting some dude off localbitcoins in a back alley. Really hate their retarded fees, charging atm transactions as a foreign transaction despite being in the us, the time lag to get your coins, not giving out bitcoin cash, ect. They really are a bunch of fucking jews.

As BTC gets more and more popular they will drop their rates I'm sure. As of now they are really the most convenient place to deal, and pretty much the only option for turning large amounts of BTC to cash.

Converting real money into Crypto and pulling the money out. A lot Coinbase alternatives don't have Australian banks as options

>try buying BTC with credit card on coinbase
>put in info, says it didnt go through, failed
>coinbase randomly withdrew a dollar, get calls from my credit card later that day saying something about potential fraud occuring

thanks coinbase

if you have less than 10000 jaxx is pretty good. more than that buy a hardware wallet