Pro tip for crypto-retards

When an altcoin was pumped and dumped very hard, it's highly unlikely to get pumped again no matter how many people shill it.

Reasons:
1. The developer already sold most of his bags. In order to manipulate a pump, he will need to buy the bags of other holders (no sneaky developers does this).
2. A successful p&d will be resulted to having 95% of poorfags panicking to sell their coins. Again in this scenario, it is very hard to generate a new pump because of a very high sell-wall.
3. Let's say the coin had a successful shill attempt, the developers doesn't care because he already sold most of his bags. Worse, he will just dumped again all of his remaining coins.
4. The developers have no choice but to kiss goodbye to his shitcoin. In most cases, he will just surrender his bags to exchanges for daily retards to buy his coins.
5. When a coin experienced a p&d, most people are sane enough to distinguish it as a scam. Unfortunately, many retards see hope in these shitcoins.

Here's a list of popular shitcoins that experienced heavy p&d:
1. DigiByte coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/
2. Mooncoin coinmarketcap.com/currencies/mooncoin/
3. E-Currency Coin coinmarketcap.com/currencies/eccoin/
4. BitBean coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitbean/

Q: Are pump and dumps profitable?
A: For developers, yes. But these fuckers will not let you in in their pre-pump coins. Good luck with that!

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/new/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases
bogleheads.org/wiki/Behavioral_pitfalls
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

K

There are coins on bittrex that go up and down 80% in price every few weeks. A lot of whales use specific coins as PnDs and then keep going back to them for easy money. Just look at NXT or Monaco. The key to PnDs is to just spot market manipulation and to do the same thing the whale is doing.

How do you spot that??

5. NEO

is this a monaco graph

Look at the order books, specifically sell orders. Whales put up sell walls when they want to keep the price down so they can accumulate. When you notice huge changes in volume without a major price movement, it usually means that a whale is buying up all the orders beneath his. Then he takes the wall down, and the other traders on the exchange rush in because they see a minor positive change in price with a large volume and buy up all the remaining sell orders, and when the whale puts up a huge buy wall and dumps.

How do I make daily gains smart anons. I feel like I always sell too early or buy at the wrong times

Step 1: Buy a coin that's not a shitcoin.
Step 2: Hold

not daily gains but i try to buy at support levels while the coin is accumulating

Fuck off.
Don't compare NEO with coins which brought nothing to the table, it actually has a proper dev team and fantastic tech.

Yeah those mini p&d is very profitable if you have the funds to do that. But don't try that to active shitcoins, you'll likely lose ur money.

However if we're talking about +1000% p&d, that's not going to happen.

It's no use spotting that, just do it yourself. Mini p&d is easy to replicate, I usually do +100% p&d by only spending 0.1 btc. The secret here is not to wait for the path, but to create the path.

How do i know when to get off the rocket? A whale it seems is doing this with adt right now and i want to ride it.

Interesting any hot coins right now you're looking to get into

How can you trigger a pump with such small amount?

Don't daytrade, it sucks and its not profitable. My best strategy for you is to wait for that one hot and interesting shitcoin. From my experience, they come once a month. Just be patient and wait for them.

Here are the once-in-a-month shitcoins from may to august (already mooned, not profitable anymore):
SIGT
Denarius
Ammo Rewards
Creativecoin
Sumokoin
Minereum

Each of these coins gain me +1000% of returns.

For me, any coins other than Bitcoin is a shitcoin. I don't invest in coins greater than 2m marketcap, they're not profitable enough (+500% or more) from my experience. Also, stay away from shitcoins that already mooned even if you loved that coin.

BTC, LTC, and NEO all had multiple gigantic pumps. Litecoin must have looked absolutely dead after that first pump and dump.

Find a very inactive coin with a very low sell wall and pump that shit. Retards who they they're smart will sniff that out and they'll definitely buy your bags.

how much do you invest per coin? a few dollars, some hundreds, thousands...?

that's how you know they went above the level of the scam coins

hundred dollars in my own p&d schemes, thousands in that one hot shitcoin; pre-moon, 100k or less marketcap.

There are many coin more competent than LTC before (pre-crypto hype) that doesn't make it. It become so successful because they know their limitations and try to market LTC as silver for bitcoin.

NEO is just a punk with a very clever and carefully planned marketing and moon missions, plus it has funds to make it. I bet the founder spend more time on how to moon that shit than just competently developing the coin.

yup. NEO is just one big chink scam. haven't heard that one before.
>rolls eyes

lol

Also, many crypto-fags think that the founder of LTC is dumb for naming it "Litecoin". I say, he is a motherfucking genius!

LTC is a dead coin now. It's on its death throes
If you don't think so, you only need to look at it's movement. Before it spiked to 58, it was stuck between 42-49 for the longest time. It's still there. Meanwhile everyone else has moved on to much more.

Currently literally everyone is trying to get out as high as they can. The whales tried a push 2 days ago, and it failed because everyone cockblocked 50$ with sales. And those were sales that have been there for weeks, not bot sales that people just put up.

I doubt we'll see over $50 any time soon. I doubt we'll ever see $60.
Especially with PoS coins like NEO coming into the picture. I knew it was over the moment multiple alts mooned 200-400% over a few days and their trading volume was close to 1B each or more. People are trading LTC back to BTC so they can buy better coins, and there's no reason to go into LTC unless you're trading between exchanges.

I have some minereum, any chance to new pump?

wtf NEO is under marketed if anything you pajeet. Chinese don't give af about marketing, they're about business.

Also what do you mean 'developing the "coin"? It's a fucking entire blockchain, not a "coin".

What do you think of Monero?

It's a rip-off of Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Pump and Dump, Ponzi scheme. They did it to Russia's Ethereum and now we got the Chinese Neo.

>notice how ether rose in price just as ether did
>notice how the whales keep coming back to swoop the small fish

>>notice how neo rose in price just as ether did

I dont give a fuck if LTC is dead or not, but its clearly not dead. Am I the only one who see the genius of LTC here? LTC's goal is not TOP 1, LTC's goal is in TOP 5 FOREVER! So if Bitcoin reaches 1 Trillion Marketcap, Litecoin will definitely be there in the party too!

The same goal as bitcoin cash, at least in the top 10.

Not a chance, if there is, the volume will be so low. Good for 1 pumper's bags only.

Coins with arrogant developers are bad luck.
Sumokoin is a fork of Monero btw. Also, SUMO has a more improved algo than Monero. I believe it's going to moon long term.

Any long term hold AltCoin that has future?

>top 5 forever
it's literally #6 right now

also we just saw BTC moon and LTC didn't follow
It's dead jim

Like I said before, the only coin I believed in is Bitcoin. People go crazy about Bitcoin's 10-minute confirmation time and 1 MB maximum transactions in a block. But here's the twist, I think Satoshi did the right thing. The consensus he created is perfect for a stronger and efficient decentralized ecosystem.

The secret is, it is technically possible for Bitcoin to have unlimited, instant, or even anonymous transactions (like Monero's only advantage). And the only way to do that is through third-party applications like lightning network, payment processing systems and exchanges. The known downside is that transactions will not be collected by the blockchain anymore (this can be a very good thing).

ETH and NEO.
Just buy it, hold and then go on with your life.

Thanks for great info.
Do you use bot for trading?

Describes exactly what is going on at the moment with CFI.

As you are aware, BitCoin kept going up and up.
Now the whole fork thing is gone, would it have
any reason to come down?
Any thought on BCC?

The people replying to you are basically saying 'you should just gamble and pray to have gains'', absolutely terrible advice.
If you want to have consistent gains the path is to put buy orders at low prices(dips)and sell orders at conservative profit targets, like 20% or 30%. Maybe choose only one coin to hold indefinitely and trade the rest of your money the way I said it. You won't make retarded gains all the time, but you will always win at the end of the month, while most retards are doing nothing more than gambling by holding shitcoins.

you forgot to link SIGT

My friend, I don't care if Bitcoin go up, down or fucking circles today. My only care is that Bitcoin will definitely worth $10,000+ in 2020. Bitcoin is a long term hodl for investors like me with $300,000+ worth of BTC. You should have the same mindset and not panic in a moment of bitcoin's fud.

Don't think of Bitcoin as short-term lambo-land. If you're still small time, try my advice here research on your own, visit coinmarketcap.com/new/ daily and subscribe to bitcointalks.org email altcoin announcements for fresh shitcoins. This is how I earned hundreds of thousands. You'll never grow if all you do is shill or listen to shills.

This is important advice. I have missed out on good profits because I was greedy. When a coin went up I used to think "but what if it goes up even mooore?!" This usually led to me missing out since it dropped back down. Now I just set sell orders at 25% profit.

These are great advice and thank you for that.

>Don't daytrade, it sucks and its not profitable. My best strategy for you is to wait for that one hot and interesting shitcoin. From my experience, they come once a month. Just be patient and wait for them.
>Here are the once-in-a-month shitcoins from may to august (already mooned, not profitable anymore):
>SIGT
>Denarius
>Ammo Rewards
>Creativecoin
>Sumokoin
>Minereum
>Each of these coins gain me +1000% of returns.

Yes, do not have huge amount to buy bitcoin.
But have to start somewhere.

I guess you got info about these new coins from bitcointalk/coinmarketcap, but how did you know when to sell?

Also, the most important thing is that crypto gain is all about 20% research and 80% discipline.

The losers in this game are those people filled with hopes and people who easily forget about reality.

Keep this in mind: The very desire to find shortcuts makes you eminently unsuited for any kind of mastery.

I guess I got my answer regarding when to sell.

Is there particular exchange you use?
The reason I am asking is because most of the new coins
comes to bittrex very late.

2-8 hours from the start of mooning, this is the phase where majority of the pump goes (300%-1000%). Don't wait for fucking tomorrow or you'll regret it. Like I said 20% research 80% discipline.

A gain no matter how small, is still a gain.

Should i pull out of SIGT?
I got dumped on
I already missed buying $STOX at 1 yesterday because of it

Oh! There are cases where the highest peak of mooning is in the first 10 minutes. If you see ridiculous moon for like the first minutes, SELL!

>SIGT
>Denarius
>Ammo Rewards
>Creativecoin
>Sumokoin
>Minereum

Some of them are not in bittrex. So I guess have to use other exchange.

SIGT was done, but don't sell at a loss even if you feel missing out. SIGT will definitely recover but not that much, you may gain 5%-10% from your loss. With that said, hold your coins like a man even if it takes a month, dont think about it too much and learn from your lessons. Crypto bull market will be here for the next 2 years, value safety first and think long-term.

If you withdraw now, it is highly unlikely you will also inherit the momentum of a loser. It is better to research and contemplate.

>Also, the most important thing is that crypto gain is all about 20% research and 80% discipline.
People lurking here should listen to this. All this talk about ''find a promising project, read the white paper and HODL'' that everyone everywhere in the crypto community parrots is bullshit. This can help you to some extent, but won't get you very far unless you get insanely lucky. Remember that most pumps happen due to hype and momentum rather than good fundamentals.

The thing that will get you far for sure is a coherent and logical trading strategy that you need to follow religiously.

*highly likely

So which marketplace/exchange site to use?
As I was mentioning, coin comes to bittrex very very late.

I dont trade on bittrex, you should focus on the quality of the coin. If it has sleek website design, satisfying information, below 100k marketcap, supportive community, then that's the mooning coin. No matter where exchanges they're in.

I figured out that much. Thats why I was saying.
So, any particular one that you would recommend?
I've heard polonix is no longer used in u.s

If you want to gamble with absolute shitcoins, Yobit and Cryptopia. I personally like to trade on Bittrex and just transfer some BTCs/LTCs/ETHs to shitcoin exchanges when I want to buy a coin that isn't on Bittrex.

Actually, never mind. I think I figured it out.
Thanks for all the advice though.
These are great info. for anyone who wants to learn

To be honest, I only use coinexchange.io and cryptopia. I used livecoin for minereum and payeer usd deposit.

I'm not even registered to poloniex.

Investing in shitcoins older than 3 weeks (even if it looks promising) is literally a gamble, no matter where exchanges. At least in my experience.

S-S-SIGT already had its run?

What kind of discipline are you talking about?

I'm talking about discipline in trading specifically. You make up a trading strategy and follow it no matter what.
Let me give you some examples:
Let's say you buy shitcoin 101 at 100k sats and place your sell order at 150k sats, that's a nice 50% profit. Your sell order gets filled after some days/weeks, but then, the price continues to rise and goes as far as 300k sats. You think 'Damn, I should have placed my sell order higher, next time that's exactly what I'll do!''. With that in mind, you buy shitcoin 102 at 100k sats and place your sell order at 300k sats. Shitcoin 101 rises as far as 220k, but then crashes and goes straight to the 50k sats mark, you didn't sold earlier because you hoped that the shitcoin ''would go up again'', like the DGB holders.
You see? Changing your trading strategy based on feelings like hope, greed and etc will do you no good because you will always depend on luck. If you were conservative/consistent and placed your sell order at 150k sats in both situation, your average profit over time would be of 100%, rather than small or negative like in the previous example.

Another example is when to buy, buying a coin out of FOMO or
just because you saw it on Veeky Forums will almost always fuck you up. You have to buy when its at a low price/dip to increase your chances of success. Something can go up more after a huge bull run? Of course it can, but the chances of that happening are very small, again you will depend on luck, while every coin will go up and down consistently, so buying at the dip and selling when it rises makes you more likely to make consistent profits.

The easiest way to be disciplined is to have bought back in January where you could just hold and make shit tons

Cryptos are a terrible investment, but people keep buying them. Since it's a zero sum game, I had some moral concerns about getting in, but people are begging to be scammed.

How do I get into it? Is just jumping into new coins and dumping before the bubble bursts? What else should I take into account?

seconding your doubt

>it actually has a proper dev team and fantastic tech
LOL. I love it, no one cares about "tech". Retarded investors only care about repeating BTC/ETH success. Make a coin and promise people it's going to replace btc/eth and they will throw money at you.

>bubble
>terrible investment
Name something, anything, that could make you more money than BTC if you invested on it in 2011.
Now, question yourself what most people who didn't made shit out of BTC said over and over again as the years passed.

I'll wait for the answer.

>Name something, anything, that could make you more money than X if had precognitive powers and you invested on it in at the right time.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cognitive_biases

bogleheads.org/wiki/Behavioral_pitfalls

You didn't wait too long, I hope.

It's a pity that you are either too retard to understand what I am trying to say, or just doesn't want to understand. People have been saying that Bitcoin is a bubble ever since its conception user, they always say the same shit, they always remain skeptical, they always say that's a scam and etc, at the end of the day, they always lost money and the people who invested on BTC at literally ANY point in time won money. We have a clear growth trend of more than 8 years now.

So, you can continue doubting, you can continue to call it a fad, being skeptical and whatever. Just don't come here greentexting and crying about ''how you missed the chance to be rich'' with BTC later on, you have no one to blame but yourself for this.

Oh, and by the way. Anyone seeing the picture you posted can tell it's not actual data. That lazily copy pasted plot that repeats itself 3 times exactly is not helping your argument, fool.

>Just don't come here greentexting and crying about ''how you missed the chance to be rich'' with BTC
I won't, because I'm not a deluded gambler.

>actual data
Of course it isn't you braindead nigger. BTC was never 10k at any point in time, it's a chart to make a point, not actual data. Holy shit, you are dumb.

>I'm not a deluded gambler.
Again, the people who invested on Bitcoin at literally any point in time made an objectively good investment. NOT investing on Bitcoin proved itself to be the wrong move over and over again, not the other way around. You can call whatever you want, at the end of the day, people investing in crypto made and are making right now lots of money, while you are not.

Shh, he's a boglehead. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing wise investors, those who put all their savings regularly into etfs, shit against cryptos and say it shouldn't be more than 0.5% of your portfolio, while cryptos make more return in a month than their index in 2 years.

>it's a chart to make a point, not actual data
If you can't make your point without fake data, just end yourself.

>Again, the people who invested on Bitcoin at literally any point in time made an objectively good investment.
I'm not saying they didn't, but now there is no way to identify which crypto currencies will go up and which ones will crash. They are all pump and dump scheme-bait by now. The BTC ship has sailed.

How do you consistently get a good ROI without falling for pump and dump schemes. I'm not shitting on you. I'm actually interested.

>If you can't make your point without fake data, just end yourself.
What the fuck? I can make the point with real data as well since one Bitcoin costed around 5 cents in 2009 and is $3700 now. People called a bubble and a fad when it was a at $1, then at $100, then at $1000, then again now at $2000 and $3000 and again now that's going to $4000. That chart wasn't supposed to have real data retard, it was supposed to represent the mentality of Bitcoin critics, which will call it a fad, scam and bubble over and over again for years while the coin continues to consistently rise while having healthy corrections along the way. As it says on the chart, you retards will say the same thing when it's 10k.

>I'm not saying they didn't, but now there is no way to identify which crypto currencies will go up and which ones will crash.
There is though, the only true long term coin is Bitcoin, that's true, but you can easily make money out of shitcoins in the short term since we are in a booming market. Just don't be greedy and dumb.

I was just explaining above how to make consistent profits

>I'm not shitting on you. I'm actually interested.
it's just that bogleheads haven't understood yet that bitcoin is gold 2.0 and that we are now in a gold rush. "Be greedy when others are fearful".

Does anyone have any advice to grow from a small beginning? I hold about 0.45btc at the moment, and about 400 ripples. They're both stored in private wallets, but I also have an account at kraken. I'm unsure of wat I should learn next regarding cryptocurrency trading. Would I be better off manually trading at exchanges, or is a trading bot a more viable option? I don't really know what I have to learn at this point to get into the "mid game" of the cryptocurrency system since there is so much to learn.

and now you're giving this guy not optimal advice to put his 5k into an etf when he will be making much more return in bitcoin.

>I don't invest in coins greater than 2m marketcap

dont you think Ethereum has the potential to be big ? I see a lot of partnerships forming for them and companies like Microsoft looking for ETH developers. It has its own niche and is the most important platform for smart contracts so why not invest in it ? the way I see it its success is also pretty much guaranteed and you dont have to put all your eggs in the BTC basket if you diversify into ETH.

Just my personal thoughts though but I would like your opinion on this.

Then why not use actual data and avoid being called out on it from the start?

>There is though, the only true long term coin is Bitcoin, that's true,
Why do you say this? Why can you be so sure? I really want to know, because the future is not something we can see, only something we can hope for. I'm not sure some of you are mistaking hope with confidence.

He could also lose it. Bitcoin has no underlying assets and is volatile. It might not seem volatile to you if you compare it to alt-coins, but it is. Past experience doesn't predict the future. There is no guarantee it will keep going up. I stand by my advice, and almost everyone outside Veeky Forums would do so as well.

their code has a lot of bugs and has been debunked by superior IQ bitcoin devs. the fad will be over soon enough

lotta hot takes in this thread boys

whew

>There is no guarantee it will keep going up.
Exactly like your etf. And it seems we are up to a market crash in the 2 following years, so he may not see his 5k again before 10 years.
Anyway, I'm happy with my +44% in the past 3 weeks and made a good decision to invest more in bitcoin than in an etf. In a few years I will think about you with a big smile on my face.

>Exactly like your etf
That's not the case, as the ETF reflects actual underlying assets. So it only goes down if the actual market goes down. It can't crash and burn unless the actual world crashes as well, and in that case it would be the end of civilization.

Good for you, anyway. No need to be so defensive unless you're insecure. Seeing so many alt-coins going to shit should be a reminder that BTC is also a crypto currency and is subjected to the same risks.

Did i got fcked by buyin ECC at 18 sat.

>Then why not use actual data and avoid being called out on it from the start?
Nigger, I wasn't called out, you were just extremely dumb to see an obvious point. The point was supposed to say that skeptics will keep calling BTC a bubble/fad forever, hence the 10k mark on the chart which wasn't reached yet. The only way to make the point I wanted to make was by using a number that Bitcoin didn't got to yet.

> Why can you be so sure?
I'm not 100% sure of course, but I can say what is likely to you. All signs point to BTC becoming bigger, not smaller over the years.

>only something we can hope for. I'm not sure some of you are mistaking hope with confidence.
Literally any investment you make will have risk involved. The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward generally. Crypto is still on its early/booming phase, you aren't getting in at the very bottom, which was 8/5 years ago, but you are still within the small 1% minority who`s dealing with crypto right now if you get in while you can.

You got any shitcoin recommendations?

>The only way to make the point I wanted to make was by using a number that Bitcoin didn't got to yet.
Again, you can't predict the future and it would have be to use actual data instead of memeing. But it was your choice, so I won't go over it.

>Literally any investment you make will have risk involved. The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward generally.
That is not exactly true. Modern Portfolio Theory's contribution was to find the minimal risk for a given expected return. You don't get a higher reward just for getting more risk.

You should check the list of behavioural pitfalls I posted. Specially those referring to performance chasing.

Nonetheless, I'll look into it and maybe drop 100-250 when there is a dip. Thanks for the input, user.

>Again, you can't predict the future and it would have be to use actual data instead of memeing.
This is autism. I'll explain it one last time:
>Bitcoin critics called it a scam/fad/bubble ever since its conception and keep insisting on this every time the coin faces a major correction or major growth
>This is a known fact and has happened over and over again
>I want to make the point that no matter how much Bitcoin grows and how much money people make, skeptics will keep saying the same shit
>Thus, the chart shows what happened on the past, present and what would likely happen in the future if the coin was costing 10k

As for your other point, go on and find me something with no risk involved that can give me as much return as crypto or even close to it, I'll wait eternally.
Every booming market in existence had risk involved to some extent, when there's no more risk or little risk it means that the market is stable and the booming phase is over. Even stocks, which are much more stable than crypto have a lot of risk involved and make most people who invest on them lose money over time, in fact I'd say that crypto is much more of a safer investment than stocks since it is on a booming phase and even retarded people can make money out of it now.

Again for you, skepticism is healthy when used wisely, but at some point it just becomes stubbornness and blindness.

>in fact I'd say that crypto is much more of a safer investment than stocks since it is on a booming phase and even retarded people can make money out of it now.
That's quite a stretch. Of course stock pickers will lose money, the same way anyone can realise gains during a bull market. The question is how long will this last and when will the crash come.

I'm really interested in it, but I look at the charts and looks like a bubble no matter how you try to spin it. As I said, I'll dip my feet on it, but it would be unwise to think that these gains are going to be the norm forever.

all alts are scams. bitcoin is the only crypto that is not 100% scam

>That's quite a stretch
Not really, every coin on the top100 on coinmarketcap is above their April/Feb prices, meaning that if you invested in ANY coin on the top100 around April you would not lose money.

>The question is how long will this last and when will the crash come.
What do you mean by crash? Do you mean a permanent crash? I doubt it will ever come. If you mean a huge correction, we had that in 2013 and now before august, you had a great chance to buy in when it retraced to 1800.

>but I look at the charts and looks like a bubble no matter how you try to spin it.
Sounds like all my posts went over your head. Again, people have been calling it a bubble ever since the $1 mark. If you look at BTC price since its conception, it looked like a bubble at several instances, the bubble of 2013 was much bigger actually, since the coin went from $120 to almost $1200 in less than two months with almost no correction along the way. The current growth is nothing compared to that, we had a growth from $1200 to 3000 this year, then a huge correction to 1800 and now we are climbing to the $3800 mark. That's over the course of 8 months instead of 2 and it's just a 300% growth(if you don't count the correction)compared to a 1200% growth in a matter of two months.

On a side note, I remember arguing with a nocoiner around July when BTC tanked, he was of course saying that it wouldn't get to $3000 ever again and the bubble had burst since BTC had no real value, and bla bla, the same shit I read since 2013. I wonder where he is now.

It's always like that, when it rises fast, everyone calls it a bubble, when it dips, everyone says that the bubble is over. The consistent thing in both situations is that nocoiners always lose.

You seem hell bent on denying even the possibility of a more severe crash.

>coinmarketcap
Looks neat. Fore someone who's late for the crypto party, would you suggest BTC or Ethereum, and why?

sigt doesnt really apply, 3 weeks old,its pnd'd twice already and is relatively stable now, just wait for the next one if you dont want to hold to see if it his bittrex

>However if we're talking about +1000% p&d, that's not going to happen.

Happened with IOU a few days ago on Craptopia. Spiked 3,000%, I shit you not. Then crashed fucking hard. The problem with crypto shit is that everyone with a few hundred bucks can can go full Soros and make bank.

Gotta find a way to mitigate this.

SIGT is one that I think will hit a new all-time-high soon. It's confirmed for NovaExchange where it received the requisite 250 votes pretty fast. Bittrex is still not official, but the evidence points to a listing soon. Bittrex followed Signatum on Twitter and apparently the developers said that it will be listed soon. We'll see about that.

I bought it at 1,300 Satoshis, so I haven't taken any loss. If it doesn't moon real fuckin hard, I'll sell all but a few hundred.

other than localcoins... how do I get into btc/altcoins?
I mean, I've traded btc before, but it was pocket money... now I want to buy a few hundred US$, and I don't live in the US, so it's kinda difficult to buy here.
can I buy with paypal/a credit card?

BTC has mass adoption for payment options, is used as the standard for evaluating crypto, is very well integrated into platforms dealing with crypto. Has mining companies investing billions in mining it, in order to maintain the current infrastructure.

ETH is a little riskier. It has mass integration and adoption, but it has issues with centralization, which is attractive to Fortune 500 companies but runs up against the fundamental concept of cryptocurrency