Okay so the 0x registration ended. If you registered get in here and discuss pros and cons

Okay so the 0x registration ended. If you registered get in here and discuss pros and cons

I'll start with the huge red flags

>no that different to etherdelta and the etherdelta dev accused them of plagiarising his code
>team have no projects behind them or nothing to show
>doesn't position itself uniquely in a market filled with decentralized exchange promises
>tokens don't really do anything for hodlers which is concerning seeing as ethereum is moving to PoS
>no big investors behind it
>unlikely to be listed on bittrex because they want to topple centralized exchanges
>only an exchange for ethereum tokens

These reasons are why i will likely not participate. What are you concerned about or why are you sold on it?

Lets have a good thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6kzxer/a_beginners_guide_to_0x/
github.com/obsidianplatform/OSMAlpha
reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6kzxer/comment/djqtnz7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you read the fine print it specifically says you should not buy it if you are looking to make a profit.

They are avoiding the SEC by saying they are not a security and not trying to make a profit.

SEC is going to come in and fuck their shit up.

I registered but I'm a bit skeptical as well, what do you guys think about Obsidian?

registered and still on the fence. not really smart enough to make this decision myself

hopefully there's a decent enough discussion here

why are you on the fence? can't expect a decent discussion without throwing a few words in yourself

>if you read the fine print it specifically says you should not buy it if you are looking to make a profit.
Vitalik said that about ethereum too... It's a convention at this point

shitcoin

Goin all in lads. Omisego had their ico last month, same fud.

I registered, but I'm VERY hesitant to buy in. I don't even understand what the tokens do.

Haha there is one anime avatar faggot that keeps shilling 0x and Obsidian. I now understand why you're asking

Only Android devices that are able to run 6.0 and above were able to register and purchase tokens - because the 0x-donkeys insisted on verification through Civic.

It is different to etherdelta and that copying code is just shit you made up.

Yes they do go check their linkedin's.

Yes it does lol. I think it's positioned itself great having bitfinex using your protocol among others.

Are you kidding me about the investors? Go on their site and look at their investors and advisors.

Bittrex doesn't care. Bancor got listed insanely quick and bancor let's you exchange tokens without exchanges thus being direct competition. But bittrex just cares about the fees they will get.

The only ethereum tokens is just a start. They said they will expand to include others.

That's just for the sec. You must be very new.

I know this anime avatar faggot. He's a whale, you can find him in the bizcord

I'm not fud'ing. Let's get pros and cons in here faggot. I registered for a reason. If you can't say anything positive about it then you're a shill. It's that simple

Benevolent whale or faggot whale? 0x has a buy limit so he can't manipulate prices but if he is shilling trash like obsidian then he's being a faggot and i'm skeptical now

uwot i got an iphone and i registered
unless ur talking about something else

FUD

Civic works on all ios devices

This lol. The cons listed by the OP are either made up or completely wrong. This is going 10x at least.

How is this not fud? Your post is just that.

>For those who are new here, 0x has paraphrased the EtherDelta smart contract and decided to add two new features:

Governance. Stakeholders can collectively decide to replace the smart contract. The "need" for stakeholders creates a need for a token sale so 0x can raise money.
Multiple Relayers. 0x decided that a single Relayer (i.e., the EtherDelta order book) is bad. Everyone should be Relaying. There should be illiquid order books everywhere.

reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6kzxer/a_beginners_guide_to_0x/

Lots of other token projectd are planning on using 0x protocol for trades. The coin in not rent seeking and provides a legitimate utility.

This is a long term hodl

somebody is very defensive about their convoluted shit token ico, lmao

Fact is not fud. Go on say something positive then. Shill

It's funny that you can't address them

0x isn't a protocol. It's a basic smart contract and expects others to build a UI on top of their exchange. It's even less than ether delta. Someone explain why they deserve 24million

How's Obsidian trash? Isn't the guy behind Monero on the team

Wow excellent points sold 100k

Meant for

Registered. Will likely invest 2-3 ETH. I have my hang-ups, but etherdelta is absolute garbage and these guys not only look like they can put together something more professional and easy to use, but they're creating a protocol that is easy to pick up and integrate into for future ICOs and other products.

The biggest selling point to me is they locked their own shares into 4 year cliffs, meaning they won't just cash out and run away.

I'm not doing your research for you, no benefit for me. Simply said I'm going all in on the limit because I have researched this project and can confirm it is 100% legit and not a scam.

As a tech advisor yeah. And they have an alpha of their first app available for public testing even though its still in pre-sale: github.com/obsidianplatform/OSMAlpha

will probably throw 2 ETH at it as well

whats the strategy here? we flipping this or holding?

Read his response: reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/6kzxer/comment/djqtnz7

Pink wojack will haunt your dreams if you try to flip this

When are the ODN tokens released?

I just addressed each point individually. No it's not less than ether delta. You can read the link i posted where the dev explains the difference. "Expects." Bitfinex and a bunch of other big companies already confirmed they will use 0x and that's just the start. You make it sound like no one is using this.

The fact that you said simplicity of a smart contract shows that you know nothing. Smart contracts are almost always better being simple. Even eth devs say this.

>no big investors behind it

OP, did you even fucking look at their site? What are you talking about no big investors. Look who is backing them, who their advisors are and the projects that are being built on their platform.

bumpo

I hope that's not me you're talking about.

t. just a poorfag

Got in, will probably "'"invest"'" a few ether as well.