I'm an Atheist Christian

>I'm an Atheist Christian
>I'm Jewish but I don't believe in God

How do these people function?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WE61GbI2460
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_God_theology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're the true alphas. Beta like you won't understand.

He probably meant to say agnostic christian or he is retarded.
Jews are both a religous group and an ethnic group.

it's basically what jordan peterson is preaching, right?
There is no prove god actually exists and it will remain unprovable, yet we need a certain valuesystem/goals in life; we just evolved that way. So in order to have a productive life you should LARP as a christian even if you don't believe in god, since biblical stories tell a transcendant truth delivered over millions of generations condensed into one fun to read book. It gives you strength

How is it supposed to give you any strength if it's just playing pretend?

it's called being raised christian
or being raised jewish

you might not attend prayers, but it makes an impact on you

i don't know personally, but i think a big part of being human is to pretend and gain strength from it.
stereotypical fantasy LARPers gain "strength"and entertainment from imagining they have magical powers even tough they don't actually believe in magic.
Many western people practice bhuddism, even though they don't believe in karma and reincarnation, but they benefit from the practice in their lives
and as Peterson would argue i believe: Imagine you read a book about a knigth rescuing a princess from an evil dragon. You will identify as that knight, that hero and maybe you feel inspired by it. Something about that story deeply resonates with your core, with you as a human being. It's just the kind of story all of human civilization has told each other and it still gets you, a modern man, riled up. That story speaks a truth you didn't know was there and why it feels so true, but it does. You don't need to believe that there are actual dragons out there to recognize, that you want to be like that dragonslaying knight. To want to be like jesus

They're cultural Christian.

Jewish was merely a religion until 19c, but Dreyfus affair changed it.

>Jewish was merely a religion until 19c, but Dreyfus affair changed it.
Nice meme.

>He probably meant to say agnostic christian or he is retarded.
No, he probably didn't, as when it comes down to it, the existence of God is the least important thing in the entire Christian religion. We have a whole church full of atheist Christians over here.

Is this the "you can't be moral without being religious" meme? Why isn't living in a secular society which has its cultural core based on Christianity enough? I don't see how I am any different as an agnostic from a cultural Christian who goes through the rituals as a tradition but is otherwise no different from me.

>Is this the "you can't be moral without being religious" meme?
basically, yes
youtube.com/watch?v=WE61GbI2460

Fedora meme. "Culturally Christian" makes more sense.

Jewishness is an ethnicity as well as a culture that goes far beyond just beliefs. There are plenty of ethnic Jews and urally observant Jews who don't believe.

Probably because you post on Veeky Forums so your views on what is morally beneficial to society have exactly 0 worth

"I don't believe in the existing of god, but I strongly accept the morals and traditions of the church."

Not that hard to understand you mouthbreathing faggot

Unironically this.

look up "noble lie".

"Haha, your stop signs aren't real, I can just drive right thr-"

>>I'm an Atheist Christian
Oxymoron and muh identity larpers, they damage and revert religion more than anyone else
>>I'm Jewish but I don't believe in God
Racially Jewish

>Atheist Christian
Memes aside, this is an actual position actually.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_God_theology
>Death of God theology refers to a range of ideas by various theologians and philosophers that try to account for the rise of secularity and abandonment of traditional beliefs in God. They posit that God has either ceased to exist or in some way accounted for such a belief. Although theologians since Friedrich Nietzsche have occasionally used the phrase "God is dead" to reflect increasing unbelief in God, the concept rose to prominence in the late 1950s and 1960s, before waning again.[1] The Death of God movement is sometimes technically referred to as "theothanatology," deriving from the Greek theos (God) and thanatos (death). The main proponents of this radical theology included the Christian theologians Gabriel Vahanian, Paul Van Buren, William Hamilton, John Robinson, Thomas J. J. Altizer, Mark C. Taylor, John D. Caputo, the rabbi Richard L. Rubenstein, and Peter Rollins.
It's taken seriously by contemporary (continental tradition) philosophers and theologians (e.g. Caputo).

Pascal was basically
>pretend believing in something you know to be wrong until you believe your own lies
Yes, christians are that stupid

No, he was
>believe something that may or may not be true so that if it is, you are covered

That's even worse, given the subject and the number of one and true religions.

>They're culturally Christian

What the hell does that mean? Christianity at its core requires a belief in God, and atheists don't believe in God.

Cultural Christianity is a modern trend among Europeans (I don't know how it is in the States but people there seem a lot more traditionalist in this regard). Christians are moving away from organised religion and towards internalised spirituality, where the organised part is simply a formality.

Y O L O
O L O
L O
O
L O
O L O
Y O L O

They don't believe in God but they were raised in Jewish/Christian families/neighborhoods/communities so it's still part of their identity.

Not that complicated.

Atheist Christianity is a legitimate theology, it's not the same as being "culturally Christian", it takes the concept that God sacrificed himself for our salvation seriously and rejects the later myth that he rose from the dead. Practitioners are functionally Christian and emphasise the value of good works, but not because they expect life everlasting (they don't believe in an afterlife of any kind) or out a desire for salvation (we are all already saved, thanks to God's sacrifice) but because it is what our Creator wished for us and out of gratitude for Him.

It's retarded people who go to church and like the symbols and architecture but don't actually believe in the theology. They're more or less like niggers who are attracted to bling, all about style not about substance.

That makes zero sense. How could salvation not include an afterlife?