Israel's politics

I've taken an interest in Israel's politics, and it seems like a clusterfuck. Why is Benjamin Netanyahu, a secular Jew, allowing the Orthodox to have as much control over Israel as they do? They're a minority in a place where the majority of the country is secular. I don't mind a country becoming right-wing, but some of the stuff the Orthodox rabbinate has passed and is trying to pass doesn't look good, the other day, they invalidated a lot of private conversions causing a bunch of uproar in Israel and other Jewish communities. Why does Ben pander to a minority? I'm curious, but I don't much about Israel's politics, so I thought Veeky Forums would be a good place to ask

B-but /pol/ told me all jews are left leaning communists that want to destroy western society??

How can jews be right wing? I thought right wing was for us Alt-Right /pol/ guys man...

can somebody from /pol/ or the_donald red pill me on this????

The way political parties are organized makes it very easy for minority groups to win a lot of political power by mobilizing voters and winning elections via plurality.

/pol/ is spooked

Right wing policies r gud so we make our enemies suicide with stupid left wing policies. Ez pz no re gg kiddo

Jewish application of the Hegelian dialectic.

American Jews are die hard liberals but Israeli ones and also many European ones are quite conservative. Orthodox Jews are basically Muslim tier over there.

>muslims start invading Europe
>oh shit I hate muslims so fucking much
>look at those BASED Israelis, they can deal with those subhuman Arabs!
>yeah, Israel is our greatest ally, jews are BASED and white and conservative! I love jews!
vs
>muslims start invading Europe
>white race must atone for all the sins we did in the past and let them take over
>professor Abraham Schekelbaum my fellow (((white man))) told me so, holy fuck I feel so sorry for being white now

Basically it's a fake jew-created dichotomy, much like libertarianism vs communism. You're given the illusion of a choice and no matter which side you pick, you're still fighting for the jew.

I didn't post it on /pol/ because you don't get real discussion on /pol/ especially with topics relating to Israel and on /int/, the mods deleted an Israel general the other day even though it was started by an Israeli poster there

He isn't wrong in saying that the foundations of Israel are explicitly exclusionist. Though look at it from their pov. Everyone around them wants them dead, if they open their gates and have an open border policy what's going to happen to them is what happened to Lebanon.

It isn't the same situation as you have in say Hangary to give a random example.

That's not really an argument. Again Israel is in a very specific geographic situation that makes increased general immigration a national security issue.

>Everyone around them wants them dead
A big part of why this is the case is that the war of independence displaced and killed millions of Palestinians. When you create a situation that floods your neighbors with refugees, they tend to be pretty pissed about it.

This isn't even fucking attempting to be history
Go back to pol

He doesn't have a majority without them. Lrn 2 parliament.

Whether or not action A justifies outrage B isn't the point. The point is Israel as a state isn't in a geographic position to not be exclusionist. It has to be selective because the muslims very much want them to stop existing. So asking why it doesn't advocate this for every other state that isn't surrounded by countries that want it gone is kinda silly.

Imagine 90% of the population are concerned with issues like social welfare while 10% want to fill rockets with platinum and fire them into the sun at the taxpayer's expense, we'll call these people spleegs. A third of the ordinary 90% of voters bother to vote while every spleeg votes because they are fanatics, so spleegs make up 25% of voters. A party that spends 1 cent more on the Platinum Sun Project than their closest rival will gain 25% extra votes.

Let's say someone agrees with a party's stance on healthcare because their grandmother is dying but this party wants to spend 0.1% of the budget on the PSP, they might be anti-spleeg but it is not the most pressing issue. If the spleegs start a propaganda campaign convincing people it has something to do with science they might be able to push it up to 1% of the budget. Out of a budget of $100 billion that's $1 billion.

Now imagine instead of the PSP it is spending on the military and police to conduct some coercive acton, that $1 billion can go a long way and have a huge impact on people.

quick rundown on israel:

zionists are a bunch of political extremists that jumped at the chance of accomplishing their main politcal objective of rebuilding israel after hitler pulled his little prank. this of course meant power went over their heads because lol glorious victory so they began to enact dozens of retarded laws like forbidding palestinian jews to vote

normal orthodoxs are literally fundies who never leave their neighborhood, but tend to literally en masse and recreate their neighborhood elsewhere (which is how you end up with ridiculous stories like mixtec natives getting so triggered they expelled the orthodox from rural mexico)

like half the pops of israel think the goverment is satan's asshole because of historical zionist retardation, and are very vocal about it. shitting on the goverment is a very popular pasttime for your average israelite

the other half is divided between conservative republican-ish dudes and orthodox fundies

so you have 3 primary political groups in israel. one of which is aboslutely crazy but is also absolutely dedicated to politics. And this is not mentioning that there's still some remmants of zionism kicking around

This is coupled with the fact that they are virutally surrounded by equally crazy fundies except these foundies actually get out of their neighborhood and will happily kill any jew they find

plus, people tend to mix american jews with normal israelites. american liberal jews may be religious to an extent but they are just particularly obnoxious liberal gringos and ahve little to really do with israel

discussions of current politics belong on /pol/

I always love how the jews, one of the richest and most powerful people in the world, always pretend they are some poor helpless minority who dindu nuffin. If the Israelis want to build their super great Israel in the middle east let them fight for it by themselves why the fuck do we have to help them with that.

The reason your leaders slavishly worship Israel is that you keep electing leaders who slavishly worship Israel, Donald Trump for instance.

>the jews, one of the richest and most powerful people in the world, always pretend they are some poor helpless minority who dindu nuffin.
I didn't realize all the jews got together and said that. When did that happen?

1: there are lots of jews who are poor and helpless, the poorest town in the entire United States is Jewish, the majority of the jewish population in Poland lived in poverty or mediocrity.

2: The jews as of now don't want to dramatically expand Israel, they want to defend it. They've been attacked by muslim nations many times.

>The jews as of now don't want to dramatically expand Israel,
Tell that to the settler movement, or anyone living in post-1967 borders. If there wasn't an active movement to expand Israel's borders, the UN wouldn't have to keep telling them to stop doing that. Not all Israelis want to retake the supposed biblical kingdom, but enough do that it's a serious issue, and the government basically supports settlements.

many jews oppose the settlements, even in israel

Who could be behid those posts???

Lmao