Hard reality

Why should an average person use cryptocurrencies over hard cash or bank transfers? Especially as drugs get legalized with more liberal youth taking up positions of power. I'm asking this because there's been some intense shilling of $10,000 btc worth at the end of the year, or even $100,000 in 10 years.

To make massive gains fuckin plebs

free as in freedom exchange of currency

tell me one person that enjoys using credit cards

That's speculation. I'm asking about actual materialized usage. What does cryptocurrency do that would warrant someone dropping cash or bank transfers.

Because your money isn't controlled by a bank or the government. Right now you either accept that you'll lose 2-3% of your money in inflation every year, and possibly much much more if the economy crashes and the government has a debt crisis, Or if you live in a country that's not the US and has its own currency, you could have massive unpredictable inflation.

The government prints money to make sure you will never get more than 2% interest in your savings account or CDs, and forces you to invest in stocks or precious metals to even retain your wealth. They do this because debt drives the modern economy. They make it so that its impossible for you to save your money, to incentivize you to spend it to pump the GDP stat, or invest it into a business.

How does a crypto wallet replace credit cards? Are there even crypto services that offer credit on the go?
And what kind of enjoyement are you talking about? Spending bitcoins brings happiness? Will I be more extatic if I buy toothpaste using cryptos?

Stability of currency and freedom to transfer.

You're going to see massive inflation or a currency collapse somewhere within the next 10 years. Is it going to be the Euro? The Pound? The Yuan? Maybe the dollar? Idk, but it'll happen. Maybe it's a big loss because debt gets ridiculous. Maybe debt starts getting monetized and you see double-digit inflation.

You'll also see capital controls put in place to prevent people from moving their money around. China already has this, one reason why BTC is so popular.

To own their wealth in currency. Currently you can't keep wealth in currency because it is constantly being devaluated by governments.

Jew spotted, boys. Keep printing your shekels. I'll hold onto my bitcoins.

The average person won't see a lot of benefit but companies and businesses groups have a huge economic incentive to create their own currencies and encourage regular people to use it.

Security.

Hard reality. OP is mad he didn't but btc

No one uses Bitcoin. No one uses cryptocurrency. Nothing to see here. This is no money in cryptocurrency/Bitcoin. Keep wage cucking you faggot cuck.

Imagine you're Venezuelan - do you want your money in gold, in the bank or in btc?

>ACH takes max 6 days
>btc transactions takes max 6 hours
The choice is obvious

>liberal youth won't start to use crypto seriously
BTC is gonna be yuge. It's all the normies know

I don't even know where Venezuelia is

>Stability
When exactly? The value hops outmatch most worldly currencies. That's pretty far from stability or predictability.
>You're going to see massive inflation or a currency collapse somewhere within the next 10 years
You claim this based on what exactly?
>freedom to transfer
Third world problem.

Most retail businesses that need it already have something in place, cryptos aren't doing anything there.

Bank transfers offer this already. To a point even if you get scammed the bank will reverse the transaction. Cryptos don't have that in place and will have to have some middleman in between to offer anything similar.

Venezuela is too closed and too backwards for cryptos. If most of the nation would hop on cryptos food prices would increase anyways, non local services would still be affordable however.

Take your pills.

Do you mean the average person /in the west/ ?

The actual average person doesn't have access to a bank account or credit cards. There are billions of 'unbanked' people in the world. For them, crypto is or can be a unit of exchange.

For people who already have credit cards and bank accounts, it's a store of value, and hedge against collapse of the system, and a speculative vehicle for a promising new technology.

>Most retail businesses that need it already have something in place, cryptos aren't doing anything there.

You realize that if you create your own currency you can give yourself a huge reserve of it right?

Who wouldn't want to create a reserve worth millions of dollars out of thin air?

You can only do that if you create your own currency and force your clients to use it.

And use it for what? Clients will only use if there's no competition out there so they're forced to. Which is also a prerequisite for the currency holding business to hope they can buy materials from other businesses and those other businesses to not have any other source of income. Sounds like outrageous monopoly.

>For them, crypto is or can be a unit of exchange.

That needs digital infrastructure first. Who is going to fund that? Software for all kinds of devices needs to be developed. Internet connectivity cannot be a requirement. If two people meet in a jungle how are they going to make an exchange there on the spot? That's the reality of moving to the "unbanked" parts of the world.

let me rephrase it. tell one person that likes to deal with banks.

Look up how many people in Africa started owning a smartphone and getting connected to the internet. There is a reason why Zuckerberg wants to send satellites with internet to them. With crypto they don't need a bank account, just sent your neighbor 10 monero in exchange for his underage daughter

Like said, unbanked people still have smart phones. Internet connection would be nice, but they can also send btc via SMS.

In terms of development, there's an active community of volunteers, how else do you think segwit etc has come to pass.

First, a medical association can easily force you to use their currency, you either use it or die.

Second, everyone will want to do the same thing, in the future it is more likely that small businesses sharing a common currency will prevail over large centralized corporations. There will probably be competing chain stores with different currencies.

You have to realize that blockchain tech allows you to create your own currency, and the economic incentive to do this is huge, everyone with a good product that has a strong demand will try to do it sooner or later, the suppliers will have to accept the new currency if they want to stay in business.

I think Jew know why...

remove power from evil incarnate, the centrals banks.

Those cointelegraph photograph/drawings piss me off. Please don't post that filth here.

i thought it was nicolas cage from the thumbnail, lmao.

African niggers are too dumb to understand or use cryptocurrency.
Its way too complicated for them. Our own western normies can barely do it.

Western normies are too risk averse that's why they don't like it, niggers don't care they will use it without fear

And what is crypto doing to penetrate the African market? What technological setup is taking place that actually pushes people towards it? Even more in India. Speculation alone doesn't seem to grow in millions.

Cellular connection can be spoofed, it's not secure in any way. I would like to see wirelesses transfers without internet. Do current cryptos fail at this?

And give it to exchanges?

That's not something only cryptos can do. Really.

Have you already dealt with banks or are you another 15yo with a 50$ dollar portfolio ?
They suck you dry with fees, annoy you with deposit/withdrawal limits, block your account because they don't like what you just bought, make you do 15 miles to go to the nearest agency when you want to make a transfer outside your statesand in bonus you have to wait 2 days before it arrives.

I don't even talk about inflation or the fact you have to pay them to have your money.
Unless you are rich then banks treat you like trash, offer very poor services and steal you.

For brainlets to retarded to math. 1.02% ^ 20 = 1.48. So in 20 years your money will deflate by 50%.

This is massive fucking inflation. It's already here. With BTC there is a fixed cap so it truly is a store of value that will just keep going up and up since there is this hard cap...

Anything that is hard for a government to sequester wins. Governments pass proceeds of crime acts, then define who is a criminal. Put your cash where its untouchable.

>That's not something only cryptos can do. Really.

Ok so tell me how you can create a currency without blockchain tech? Each company will create their own bank?

You clearly have no arguments, you just want to be right but all the evidence is against you, if you at least understood it...

untouchable ... damn nigger you're retarded

Blockchain isn't exclusive to cryptos.

The only thing that counts now:

Investors are advised to buy it on cnbc as a hedge against a correction in bonds and stocks. IT IS AN UNCORRELATED ASSET .. this is the bitcoin 10.000 meme on cnbc etc.

All of your arguments are basically "we can do it already". Sure, you could for example, browse the internet on a motorola razr. Or you could browse it on an iphone. Which one is the more convenient & efficient option?
>Yeah, bitcoin transfers are 100x faster than bank transfers but who cares
>Yeah, crypto is a succinct solution for banking in places where reliable banks don't exist but who cares
>Yeah, crypto is independent of broader market turmoil and isn't tied to a shit national currency but who cares
People who actually have these problems care. Earlier you dismissed someone because their point was a "third world problem". The third world is a big fucking market that those in developed countries can do business with.

I assume NOTHING can be said ITT that will make you think anything different. Your mind is set.

While I agree niggers are stupid, they have been using a phone payment system for some years now (I forgot the name but watched a doco a year or 2 ago), in fact crypto wouldn't be all that foreign to them compared with western normies.

Also they get fucked in the arse by payment fees upwards of 25% for using their phone SMS banking or whatever it is. So yeah targeting niggers for bitcoin (cash) is a smart growth idea.

I was just browsing Craig's list and there is a company that will pay you for your work in their own made up crypto.

Hedge against inflation.
Global currency
Fuck banks