How come there are no famous British composers or painters?

How come there are no famous British composers or painters?
I mean of course they existed but it's not like they have their own Da Vinci (Italy), or Bach (German), or DeBussy (French), or Chopin (Polish), etc...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j4zMi8RYIL8
youtube.com/watch?v=ltbuarkN8Tg
youtube.com/watch?v=4z41Aao-egA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gilbert & Sullivan

OP BTFO

Na I'm not btfo because I said famous composers that normal people recognize, not just composers
When I google search Sullivan I just get links to Monsters Inc websites

And when I google Da Vinci I get pics from the Da Vinci code.Your point?

Not exactly what you had in mind, I imagine, but they do fit the requirement.

Except you don't, I just googled it myself
And plus, Da Vinci Code was named after Da Vinci so that's not a good point at all

>DeBussy
>Known by normalfags

For me those pictures only come up when I type Da Vinci code, not when I type Da Vinci
A good photoshop, but it's not an argument

It is what appears to me.If you type Newton in google you get pictures from a nigger that plays football.Google is a none argument

Turner
Benjamin Britten
Dobson

I actually get pictures of Isaac Newton so Spaniard google must be different than ours
In any case, we can both agree that Google is not an unbias source of information

Yes but they have their Nelson

>It is what appears to me.If you type Newton in google you get pictures from a nigger that plays football.Google is a none argument

All i get is Isaac Newton, watching too many blacked videos are we?

I think the issue is on your end. Da Vinci and Newton gave me normal results.

Where are you from?
I am not the guy you are discussing with, but by curiosity I tiped Newton and all my results are Isaac Newton.
I have to scroll down, pretty down to find first a pic from the guy from the last Harry Potter franchise movie and then it appears some black guy who seems to be sportman a single picture each. And most the pics around them are still about Isaac Newton.

I don't know about painters, but there are plenty of composers especially in the medieval and renaissance periods.

youtube.com/watch?v=j4zMi8RYIL8

youtube.com/watch?v=ltbuarkN8Tg

Britain basically co-invented Rock and Roll.

>Comparing DeBussy to Bach,Chopin and Da Vinci
t.Pierre de Lafrog

Honestly, if you've never heard of Gilbert and Sullivan then you're less than worthless, with a 10th rate education.

hahahahaha, can you imagine being British and being so blind? Rock 'n roll is a completely American phenomenon.

That list is literally designed to ignore the British.

>The Who
>The Rolling Stones
>The Beatles
>Led Zeppelin
>Pink Floyd
>The Animals

Are you joking? Almost every single light opera and musical theater does a production of their operas and they were even referenced in a Simpsons episode. Also Ralph Vaughan Williams and Benjamin Britten come to mind.

>not knowing of fucking Gilbert and Sullivan

Perhaps in whatever shitheap you're from.

Bud all of them are mid 60's onward. Rock and roll began at least a decade before the British invasion. You guys played a major part in the history of the genre but really had no part in its origins.

This is like the Chinese saying 'Guys we invented gunpowder!'.

I mean congratulations but someone else conquered the world with it.

>Na I'm not btfo because I said famous composers that normal people recognize, not just composers
More like you having a case of being an uncultured swine and a fine example of why you shouldn't homeschool your kids.

Except we've been and were making rock music the entire time as well. We had the whole southern revival in the 70's alongside Britain's early metal, then we both were doing punk, pretty much took over the genre in the 80's, and then we had grunge in the 90's while they were more into shitty Britpop.

Italian medium: painting
French medium: literature
German medium: autistic ranting
British medium: music
American medium: film
[spoiler] Spanish medium: food [/spoiler]

>Chopin (Polish)
"no"

Also, Henry Purcell desu

>tfw Germany beats France and Britain in their own media

Elgar, Vaughn Williams, Finzi

Just to name a few

>German medium: autistic ranting
>British medium: music
Um no sweetie, Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Mozart, Haydn, Schubert, were all German honey.

youtube.com/watch?v=4z41Aao-egA

I normally hate British music but this is pretty good senpai

Turner
Gainsborough
Bacon
Freud
Clausen

Remember Britain is foremost an industrial and scientific power.

Only heard of DeBussy in a Family Guy sketch while i have never heard of Chopin. Do most normalfags know of them?

Britians job is to save europe from despots and tyrants, not trivial indulgences

who?

The honest answer is probably that Protestant Puritanism took hold in a relatively extreme form here. Protestant Europe largely failed to produce good art.

Britain has always been known to be musically worthless, always needed to leech off continental europe and america

Blake endures by touching the better parts of humanity.

what a quality post, thanks for contributing user!

this desu

How do you even come to this conclusion logically? It couldn't be further from the truth

>haydn
>shubert
>g*rman

Germans taking credit for the accomplisments of their less aspie neighbors
>Now where have i heard that before

Brits can't paint or compose.

Austrians are Germans.

Gustav Holst and Ralph Vaughn Williams off the top of my head, they dont beat Bach but lets be honest the Germans are a world of their own when it comes to Composers.
IIRC Williams The Lark Ascending has been voted the number one of near number one classical song in Britain for years, and your average normie will usually know Beethoven, maybe Bach, and that will be it.

You'd think people would get tired of the same old brit-hate threads again and again. It's not like it's going to suddenly become true if it's posted enough times.

How come there are no famous German, French, or Italian playwrights?

Retard

if you are admitting to receiving your education in classical composers from fucking family of all things then I am so damned ashamed to have you as a countryman, I hope to God you are not an American

DeBussy is a literal who. The thread was done by frog with inferiority complex

In terms of popularity
Spain (Picasso)=Italy (Da Vinci)=Austria (Mozart)>Germany (Beethoven)>>>Poland (Chopin)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>France (Monet)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Britain (Gilbert & Sullivan)
Only if we take into account classical composers and artists. If you count the Beatles Britain would be on top

I'd say that Brits would be literature, Krauts would be music, and Frogs would be food. But I'm a pleb.

>Brits would be literature
Most English literature comes from Ireland and the US

I am the very model of a modern major-generalll

No one has mentioned Gustav Holst yet? The planet suite is one of the most famous classical music Peices ever.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0bcRCCg01I

silly

Lol lol lol retard

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob

Turbopleb.

Tbqh though I should really bulk quote much of the thread.

While not as famous as the ones you mentioned, Elgar, Constable and Turner are all world-renowned masters of their art

This list is fucking horrible

Italian medium: painting and food
French medium: painting and food
German medium: crafts and philosophy
British medium: satire and literature
American medium: print and cinema
Spanish medium: goat vaginas and poverty

>how come I'm retarded?

Name a single famous German, French, or Italian playwright

Not that guy, but France has Moliere.

German: Goethe, Schiller, Brecht
French: Sartre
Italien: Dante maybe?

Quite literally who.

So you're admitting you're an actual retard? Thank you.

Na I'm not a retard because I said famous playwrights that normal people recognize, not just playwrights

Indeed, but normal people do recognize him. Not retards, it seems.

Styles, Payne, Horan, Malik and Tomlinson then if you are just chasing meme shit that a pleb that has never actively listened to orchestral music would recognize the name of. Popular recognition is a stupid metric and you know it.

Alsothe fuck that Debussy is up there with "Bach, Wagner, Mozart, the list goes on...", you'd have to be French to think so.

LOL nigga you get the d vinci code and the basketball player because of your browsing habits

>He's never heard of Bacon

Sad!

>I normally hate British music
Assuming you are talking about ""art music"", which composers?