Historical Hairstyles thread

Historical Hairstyles thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/todayilearned/search?q=chonmage&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Step aside

Only adults are allowed in this thread.

fucking shorthaired plebians

looks like a cross between native americans and pirates

lengthy hairy

What about hairstyles for women?

were those chinese twin buns real?

why do people always say that every time i post this picture? last time they called it Jack Sparrow's Mexican cousin

It literally look like it

It's the first thing I thought too.

Fuck of asian womanlet, nobody cares about your effeminate culture.

Maybe you should stop posting it? We've all seen it a hundred times

>having hair

you fucking losers

Step aside

Not so sure, but it's attributed to the Qing Dynasty, where women generally dressed like pic related.

Also, why all the male hairstyles? You guys are fucking gay.

Badass

hah it's the earth queen

>they all had fucked up feet

Why did Normans do this?

He ams Greek.

Not the Mongolians or Manchurians (which make up the highest nobility and royalty). Only the barbaric Hans (90+ percent of China) as seen in pic related. For some reason Hans also seemed to avoid the big updos of the Manchurians, instead favoring these smaller, unflattering hairstyles that flatten the hair against the head.

She looks better than Princess Leia tbqh

Because a breeze would feel amazing on the back of your head

>showing off sexy bods
>mascara
>lots of jingly items

>Celtic Tonsure
>JUST

I think the lower Norman back-shaves are pretty aesthetic.

If things keep going the way the are, they'll come back after the Fascist military cuts lose their edge.

is there any spiritual purposes to this types of hair?

Same reason jews wear those jew hats.

Being unattractive to women to dedicate yourself to God?

say that to me bitch white boi

polynesian hairstyle

Did they make this the official style just so that balding guys wouldn't feel left out?

I would rather be bald than have that hair

Setting you appart from the non-monks.

I was told at first it was so that they could make their helmets fit in easier but I don't and didn't really buy it at the time because they had straps to fasten them on. Another one was, it was to make one look more mature/older. I think all together it was some rite of passage/symbolic mark of being a warrior for them. Idk, still weird as fuck I'm. I guess they didn't really care whether women found them attractive or not either. Perhaps they did, who knows?

hey wasn't there a story that tells of two Japanese men going inside a theatre and when people saw it, they laughed?

Meant imo*
>When people saw it they laughed.
At the hair cut? Idk I haven't heard of it but if you can track it down, I would like to know.
I think my theory seems more plausible though. Different strokes for different folks, afterall

stupid Veeky Forums is preventing me from posting. it says it thinks it's spam but search "japanese discovery of victorian britain" page 85

bet this was Napoopans face every morning when he looked in the mirror and saw his hairline receding more and more

>tfw people are so obsessed about thicc that they've forgotten how aesthetic and petite the female fashion was at some point

JUST

The peasants and labours who were poor and had hard works usually didn't have feet binding as well.

It still is, fatties go die

post some more of these kinds of roman busts, i kind of want this haircut

Aw his hair is thinning real bad up top. Poor guy.

FUCK

At least he can actually wash his hair.

interesting thing to note: the merovingian male nobility were known to shave the back of their heads but grow out the rest very long. their hair was usually tied up in different styles. after looking at these pictures, i am curious about where exactly that style came from. was it rooted in merovingian aesthetic? or was it generally employed by germanic tribes around the area? i know of the suebian knot being another status signifier but i don't believe they shaved the back of their heads too. anyone got any info?

MY

SHIT

Easier for god to get into your brain if you remove the layer of protection provided by hair

Being unattractive so normies don't join your secret club.

IIRC the roman tonsure was cut to appear as a crown (of thorns). It was also a sign that stood for a celibate individual.
I don't know what the the celtic tonsure is supposed to represent. Apparently it was condemned heretical to be tonsured in this manner.

Reply for more indian qts.

>turn my hair into a horse dick on a bald spot
What did the samurai mean by this?

Mayotte (it's actually a Malagasy hairstyle and face paint design imported when the Iboina Kingdom conquered the island from Swahili Arabs in 1832 and brought malagasy royal court and peasants)

Sakalava Malagasy

Betsimisaraka Malagasy

Suebian knot, worn in ancient Germany by who else, the Suebi. According to Tacitus, a roman historian, it was worn to look more fearsome in battle and as a status symbol among the Germans.

Here are some popular opinions but I'm still wating for user to tell me about that story in the theatre if it is true.
It seems like the Chinese took something similar up at one point too though. Pic related

stupid Veeky Forums is preventing me from linking the source thinking it's spam

Imagine if China was never unified by the Qin.

So i heard you people were hardcore...

>just head hair
Fuckin plebs

the mexicans need to bring these back

Dammit. Can you screen shot pictures of the page?

Here is someone who had it when they were buried long ago

literally humilliation and elimination of ego

forgive me reddit.com/r/todayilearned/search?q=chonmage&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance&t=all

Oh when they went to a European theater. Makes sense.
T.b.h I really think it was some sort of rite of passage thing of becoming a samurai. Like the rituals of the monks shaving their heads for symbolic reasons. Only in this case, it was service as a warrior and not to Christ. Idk.
Notice Ronin didn't really have it.

Even fat and balding you can still see the handsome in his face. The Brando of his time.

If you had to choose between keeping your head and that hair style, which would you choose?

I would rather have the ming hairdo than the qing hairdo

What's that hairstyle called? "Havin long hair while wearing a hat"?

Did Chinese men had beautiful long hair like lord shen?

Oh so you would choose to have your head chopped off by the Manchus then? You must be from Veeky Forums to be so adamant.
>Tfw qing dynasty literally forced everyone to start wearing their hair like that as a show of "unity" a.k.a submission to the new regime.

Did he have Albinism? Sorry I'm very interested in the topic of Albinism historically and how it was viewed by different cultures.

you think that longhair was a hassle due to the philippine's tropical weather?

it's like an african leia

>male balding hair
>create hair "style" out of it

what does this hairdo looked like untied?

gives the young men humility i suppose

this

short hair is for peasants

Is this hair historical?

or should I say hairstorical? yeaaaah!

those hats gotta be pretty heavy

Yes.

I know little so from this I can tell few things. The guy is married, he's high of social class, and quite manly. Well, according to the old Chinese beliefs anyway.

It's better than the Qing I'll say

Hairstorical(TM) is copyrighted btw