The Industrial Revolution was a mistake

>The Industrial Revolution was a mistake
Do you agree with this statement?

No.

WW1 was a mistake.

Yes

Fueling industry with imperialism was a mistake.

Are you quoting Kazcynski? If so, i kind of agree with some of his statements about the consequences of technological development in the West, but it's hard to take him serious when you know he was brainwashed by the CIA.

>i-i kind of agree with some of his statements
Spoken like a true cuck.

No. Why would it be?

So, you see, the puppy was like industry. In that, they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" - knew where to find 'em. Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.

Can you say technology is a mistake when it is the people who decide to use the technology for bad instead of good?

Technology can only be a mistake if it doesn't work.

>>The Industrial Revolution was a mistake
Anyone who tells you this is just buttblasted that there's not an oligarchy that they get to be on top of.

>is buttblasted that he's not the part of capitalist oligarchy or just a retard
Seriously. In my country I know only one public person with such opinion and he's a notable freak.

look closer at that chart and try again.

Getting rid of capitalism won't make your country any less of a shithole.

>humanity gets more than 100% richer as soon as the industrial revolution comes
it was far from a mistake even if the factory workers of the 19th century had miserable, miserable lives before lenient social policies

look at the fucking graph, you idiot

No, it's you who doesn't understand.
Industrial revolution is a wonderful thing. It provided capitalism with tools and means to establish a globalised economical system.
Whoever denies the gifts and upper sides of industry is a retard or some kind of religious fundamentalist.
>Getting rid of capitalism
It's not the time. Capitalism is the economical formation we live in and probably there are no probable chances we see the rise of any new formation in the next few decades. And humanity won't go back to any of the previous steps.

I'm not him, but the chart is in support of Capitalism and the Industrial Revolution, you retard. You've completely misunderstood what he is saying.

>in support of Capitalism and the Industrial Revolution
And what makes you say that I'm against both of them?

in the end, the suffering all the workers went through was repaid ten fold, and their grandchildren were already enjoying things they couldn't even dream of

The only regret is that modern people's don't recognize the sacrifices the worker made during industrial revolution.

Neolithic revolution was the real mistake desu.

I don't think you're against either of them, I'm saying you appear to be arguing with someone that agrees with you because you misunderstood what they said. Now you appear to have misunderstood what I said.

I would suggest taking a deep breath and slowing down a bit, user.

>hey how do we measure poverty?
>let's declare it a random USD value and pretend the costs of living are universal thorough all the world

sure thing FMI

Except it specifically says it is adjusted for PPP the whole point of which is to take into account differences in the cost of living in different countries.

do you think a random indian village cares about all that?

this chart assumes everyone wants to live under first world standards.

I'm not clear what point you are trying to make here, would you mind elaborating for me because I would not want to misconstrue what you are trying to say.

>Except that the puppy was a dog. But the industry, my friends, that was a revolution.