The machine that saved the world

The machine that saved the world

Other urls found in this thread:

startribune.com/before-russian-victory-a-can-of-spam/44622382/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not an 122mm gun.

War was over by then, could have just as easily naval blockaded them and bombed all their infrastructure until they were back in the stone age

but thats not the machine that firmly positioned the US atop the pecking order

you don't get it do you, this saved the world from further total warfare

>muh armchair

>saved

They say hindsight is the sign of an amateur historian

It's crazy to think that this tank is still used by some countries even today. The most recent combat usage happened in Ukraine.

Good idea, you've just killed more people than the bombs did

Nobody cares about some dead Japs, they had it coming anyway.

Sorry weebs

Well the Eastern world anyway. If Stalin had continued west it wouldn't be such a cesspit of degeneracy.

Then again, so is the Sherman and Stuart. It's more a sign of how ill-engineered German vehicles were for long-term operational lives that none of them remain while your average tank's useful life is measured in the decades. The FT-17 wasn't retired until the early 60s, for instance, and it was a WWI vehicle.

More impressive however is that the ammunition for these vehicles is still procurable by their users. The 85mm used by the T-34 hasn't been manufactured since the 21st century.

>The machine that saved the world
You mean the Turing machine?

That's not a can of spam.

>The machine that saved the world from prosperity

thats not the Zis-3

whereever they went, these fuckers followed en mass, the soviets relied on this more than anything

>saved
ruined

>That's not a can of spam.
Now Jackson had his acorns

And Grant his precious rye;

Teddy had his poisoned beef —

Worse you couldn’t buy.

The doughboy had his hardtack

Without the navy’s jam,

But armies on their stomachs move —

And this one moves on Spam.

>Before Russian victory, a can of Spam
>MAY 8, 2009

>His eyes grew wide as he saw sacks and sacks of flour "with the American eagle and the inscription: Made in the USA."

>As he waited with his men for orders, an American sailor stepped up with a big can and cut off the lid with a knife.

>"The aroma came out and our mouths started watering."

>The sailor cut the Spam into small pieces and hollered: "OK, comrades, go ahead: Help yourselves."

>Grichener and his men were confused. He had studied English back in Romania. "So I knew what 'help' meant, but 'Help yourself?' I didn't know that meant: 'Go on and grab something.'"

>His men asked what the sailor said and Grichener responded: Help. So, they offered to help. But how?

>The young American sailor smiled, put a piece of Spam in his mouth and gestured for the Russians to do the same.

>"We didn't wait for any other explanation," Grichener said. "We attacked. One hand in the mouth, the other in the pocket."

>The sailor laughed and pulled out another can.

>"Many of the Russian soldiers started to cry," Grichener said. "And no wonder: We hadn't seen meat in two years."

startribune.com/before-russian-victory-a-can-of-spam/44622382/

Shit like this makes me smile. Finally someone understands that only reason the Soviets could mobilize millions was because they were fed by the West, namely Americans.

The reason you don't see many working German WWII tanks isn't because the engineering was too bad, it's because most of them got destroyed and the factories building them got destroyed. By contrast, USA and USSR still had huge reserves of their tanks and factories up and running. When Germans started building tanks again, WWII designs were already obsolete so there was no reason to build more.

>finally someone agrees with my feeble propaganda filled mind so i dont feel like an utter retard who i am for real

> saved

>tfw playing Wargame Red Dragon and making meme decks with swarms of T-34s and shit tier infantry

But the French literally tried using the panther as their main tank before realising that it fucked up too often. It couldn't even pads British evaluations because it caught on fire.

>anglo historians

read german war archives, daily reports, status reports, sure it broke down but nothing out of the usual

there havent been a major complain about the tank itself from divisions and lower, apart from

>send more, understrenght
>send more parts, need repairs
>send that battalion detached from divsion, its inact and we need help
>send them faster

all the tests and mechanical reports suggest the panther was a tank, i mean, its just a tank
but their presence always stopped soviets on the eastern front, and was the spearhead of invasions, it performed much better in the right hands and with good command than it was expected

Daily Reminder Shermshits humiliated T-3shits in Korea and a fucking Chink infantry army had to bail a Nork mechanized army.

Yeah, we could be living in a nice communist utopia where everyone is equal, poverty doesn't exist, we could be in space even further because we're not relying on corporations to rape it in some sort of space colonialism, etc.

What a nightmare. I hate Americans and how they regurgitate Cold War propaganda.

I really hope you're not implying T-34's were built to last

Truly the height of humiliation that an army the Russians themselves deemed highly trained and well equipped with heavy armor got rikt by rusting Shermans and
>literal CHAFFees

They didn't get completely wrecked, since they still have those T-34s... but they're a lot less impressive now, 60 years later.

It's pretty impressive that they still run, lol.

You can talk sci-fi as much as you want, you are still a dum-dum.

The US didn't win because they had better carriers.

>he didnt understand the goal of the Fatman
ending the war and lobbing a few explosions on their coast wasn't going to do much. The Bombs were a message.

remember when Roosevelt was parading our shiny new navy to the whole world? we were sending a message: We can defend ourselves.

the message from the bombs: Don't fuck with the US

The bombs were meant to scare the world, especially the Soviets. We had the biggest guns and we're not afraid to use them.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were overkill, everyone knows that. but they were necessary

is it true that the pilot who dropped 'em killed himself?

sounds like uncomfired pseudo-but-could-be-true-history

I prevented the Luftwaffe from establishing air superiority and therefore delayed and ultimately cancelled plans to invade Britain. This paved the way for the invasions of Normandy. That's gotta be worth a thank you card at least, right? g..guys?

Spitfire is a meme. It was actually the Hurricane that did all the work.

>shitfire