What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

novusordowatch.org/2017/04/francis-christ-made-himself-devil/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Christianity is the RELIGION OF LOVE

The vicar of christ has spoken

Catholics aren't Christian

Total humility, charity to the poor and unfortunate, and acknowledgment that religious truth transcends borders

Humility user, you don't have to be slave in order to be humble

Prove it

Are the minds of the men who laid the bedrock of society burning in eternal hellfire for not beliving in christ, who had not yet been born?

Yes

T.protestant.

What did he mean by not being able to judge gay people as sinners?

What did he mean by saying atheists can get to heaven without believing in God?

What did he mean when he said Jesus turned into the devil on the cross, into the serpent himself?

What did he mean when he said that the Jews, muslims, and christians all worship the same God?

What did he mean when he kissed the quran?

What did he mean when he said Jesus had to beg forgiveness from his parents for teaching in the Temple at age 12 while they left without him?

What did he mean by heading up the St. Gallen Group mafia that forced Benedict out of office?

What did he mean when he violated the Jesuit oath to never seek the office of the pope?

People believe everything they read about him in the mainstream media.

>What did he mean when he said Jesus turned into the devil on the cross, into the serpent himself?
w8 wut
he said that???

No, of course not. Jesus told a story of a certain rich man and a beggar who both died; the rich man went to the Torment side of Hades and the beggar went to the Paradise side of Hades.

The Paradise side, the Bosom of Abraham, was well populated before Jesus was raised from the dead. Those people Jesus took to heaven when He rose.

Jesus said that anyone who believed in Moses and the prophets believed in Jesus, because Moses and the prophets were speaking of Jesus.

And no man is beyond the reach of the Holy Spirit, Who tells all men that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God.

You have concerns that God is not fair, that God is not just, that God is not righteous, and that God is not love.

Those concerns emanated from the pit of hell, from the Father of Lies.

Speaking of the Cross, the Crucifix, as the badge of the Christian, Francis called it “the memory of him who has made himself sin, who has made himself the devil, the serpent, for us; he has humbled himself to the point of complete annihilation.” The exact Italian reads: “come memoria di colui che si è fatto peccato, che si è fatto diavolo, serpente, per noi; si è abbassato fino ad annientarsi totalmente“. These words are printed on the Vatican web site as linked above.

Under the cloak of admiring God’s humility, Francis claims that Jesus Christ Himself is the devil! Once again, Bergoglio shows himself firmly ensconced in the camp of his real masters, the apostate Jews, for this was the same insult the unbelieving Pharisees hurled at our Lord, as He lamented: “they have called the goodman of the house Beelzebub” (Mt 10:25; cf. Mt 12:24-30; Jn 8:52).

sauce?

probably this

To those who still refuse to be convinced and claim it’s all a matter of “ambiguity” or “misunderstanding” (Tom Hoopes maybe? Or Jimmy Akin?), we pose one final question: Why is it that this man continually expresses himself in such a way that his words are taken for blasphemy and heresy? Is he not capable of speaking in a clear, edifying, and devout manner? Is this not his duty, given the exalted and unique office he claims to hold? The truth is: He is quite capable of speaking properly, he is simply unwilling to do so because he — not our Blessed Lord — is a devil.

“Let no evil speech proceed from your mouth; but that which is good, to the edification of faith, that it may administer grace to the hearers” (Eph 4:29).

novusordowatch.org/2017/04/francis-christ-made-himself-devil/

They have links to the Vatican paper there.

So you believe that man is a disciple of the pope, who is getting his feet washed by his rabbi?

Did you notice the pope has published public pictures taken of this event, whereas we have nothing but text regarding Jesus' private event?

>Did you notice the pope has published public pictures taken of this event, whereas we have nothing but text regarding Jesus' private event?
i think photography didn't exist back then

>25 years old
I will keep shitposting and make people buttblasted "historically". Don't get mad, "historically".

Perhaps you overlooked the "private event" part of the post, or perhaps you did not know that portrait artists were fairly common throughout history.

Jesus was teaching his disciples, in private, a very important lesson: the Kingdom of God is not run like a kingdom on earth.

The pope? The typical grandstanding rubbish he's always doing.

I just read it and you couldn't be more wrong. He's saying Jesus lowered himself to becoming a man, an innate sinner, and that he had to become a symbol like Moses' bronze serpent. And the serpent is commonly regarded as the devil or a symbol of evil. He's saying Jesus' message trascends symbols and that you shouldn't just blindly worship and clutch the cross because that'd be idolatry, but instead live by Jesus' teaching.

If you actually read the entire thing, I cannot believe you are dull enough to not grasp this, so you're just trying to spew lies and hal-truths out of ill-will to mislead people, which is something sad and unbecoming of a Christian of any denomination.

so bible shouldn't have told about this private event?

I literally quoted both the Italian and the English.

Your papist propaganda is rubbish. In fact, not only did the site I steer you to anticipate your retarded argument, it refuted it before you even thought about making it.

The pope said that Jesus "made himself the devil, the serpent", and that's right from the pit of hell.

So keep following the False Prophet and don't be surprised when you end up in hell.

I'm not religious, I just really, really dislike people that pretend their brand of fundamentalism is 100% right and righteous.

>& Humanities

And I really, really, really dislike liars and those who love lies.

The pope said what he said. Quoted above. That Jesus turned himself into the devil, into the serpent.

its the kind of shit jesus would have done if you think about it

And he was clearly speaking metaphorically. You can have a problem with his metaphor but its hardly heresy like say: sedevacantism

That is what true Christianity is all about, not barbaric killers like crusaders.

That picture does a good job of separating LARPers from real Catholics. I don't agree with everything Francis has said and done, but there's nothing at all objectionable about it.

>hurr they're Muslims!

And perhaps they will take an interest in Catholicism as a result of His Holiness' humble act. Perhaps some of them may even convert. Did you ever think of that, OP?

/Pol/--I mean Veeky Forums has little interest in a Christianity that accurately reflects Jesus's teachings, as that's exactly the kind of "weak" philosophy they believe is destroying Europe

You can reply with fedora hats all you want, Christianity is and has always been a slave religion.

They worship the Pope, not Jesus.

Or maybe more will just convert to Orthodoxy or Protestanism. No one likes a weak church.

Yeah, I remember reading about how when the early Chisritan martyrs were taken to the Colosseum, they killed the lions with their bare hands, stole weapons from the guards and fought their way out.

Arguably Christianity's most fundamental tenet is humility. We are impossibly beneath God in terms of both power and in terms of goodness. What's the point in exalting ourselves, making ourselves seem like the king shit niggers of existence, when in comparison to God we're so lowly? And of course not only that, everything we have in the world ultimately comes from God too, since he ultimately is responsible for its creation.

Yet God has deigned to provide us with good things, and even allow us to regain eternal life after we squandered it in pride and betrayal. The undeserved goodness that God bestows on humanity naturally engenders anyone who fully comes to terms with it to meekness and poverty of spirit. It's simply an awareness of how things are.

The church as an institution didn't really exist back then.
Look at people like St, Boniface.

Lol, whoops. Posted prematurely.
Look at people like St. Boniface, the Conquistadors or the (northern) Crusaders, those are the people that get souls.

I doubt you will find many Catholic priest or theologians today endorsing your extremely misguided views

well yeah, Jesus to some degree sounds a lot like a liberal hippie and its hard to deny. There's actually a movement going on trying to get people to ditch Christianity for the pagan religions of ancient Europe

That kind of thing is just never going to happen though, what's more likely is they continue to have worship Christ the Warrior because there's already plenty of gas in the tank for that

you mean calvanist.

>everything must be literal
>no room for metaphors or deeper truths.

this is the problem with american evangelicans.

They're the people who made Christianity the worlds biggest religion.
Does saving hundreds of millions peoples souls outweigh a few ten thousand dead?

"This is Mother Teresa calling from the bed
God don't want me yet, man. I still got more feet to taste."

According to Catholic doctrine, no killing people to theoretically save the souls of others is not justifiable

>Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

>So when you give to the needy, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be praised by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Deuteronomy 15:7-11

>it's a metaphor

Is there a more classic Catholic meme?

My conscience tells me I should care for my own blood and soil.
Close the borders to brown invaders!
Good to know sky daddy approves.

Is there a bigger meme that is pushed than the mainstream view that Christians must be meek pacifists and accept their fate always?

>a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

Yeah I mean who ever uses a metaphor to make a point, Jesus certainly never did that.

probably they fact that many early Christians were pacifists, and even those who were not like St. Augustine put very strict limits on when warfare could be justified

Cont's a traitor.
T. Polish catholic

>I... literally.. [am] retarded

user totally said this. Is it proof he's Satan? I think so. source is a website that agrees with me.

>Orthodoxy
>Strong church.

Dude, not only the Orthodox Churches are the ones that have always existed under the banner of Cesaropapism, almost all of them want to rejoin the Catholic Church by finding a way to compromise on literally the only theological difference they have. Only the Russian Orthodox Church has anything even resembling a spine, and that's only because it is the largest one.

>Prostentantism.
>"I will start my own church with blackjack and hookers": the theology"

this image unironically made me drop Catholicism

this image unironically made me drop Christianity

>the highest position in the Catholic church kissed the feet of the lowest Muslim while Christians in the ME were being genocided
If I had to guess, I think he reassures us of how Christcucks are worth less than trash. And that Cathocucks will always submit to the superior laws of Islam.

>Hmmmm yes whitey suck that dirty shit up

Religion is considered part of the humanities.