/KANG/

precolonial africa general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=quzjmZ-7s6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well this has been an informative thread. See you all next time!

daily reminder: muslims are a blight on our continent

do not trade with them

do not work in their sea vessels

do not sell them slaves or gold

(also aren't mutapa and the coastal east kingoms native african states or they were msulim colonies? is the map outdated?)

>Nobody talks about Sokoto
Talk about Sokoto.

>great
>zimbabwe
>empire

>precolonial "empires"

Really makes you think.

Well, this thread is certainly a treasure trove of interesting African history.

>What's Rome?
Dickhead

What is your point?

I'm very unhappy

Yeah more like tribal petty kingdoms.
China was empire and so was rome.

Don't mind me, just dumping some chintz

benin bronzes are great

Can someone explain to me why White people here and on /pol/ are so obsessed with Sub-Saharan Africans and to undermine their history while trying to revision any accomplishment they had done to these "lighter melanin" people that conveniently were there?

Why do White people have such an inferiority complex that even a Black dynasty ruling Egypt can't be possible in their mind eventhough extensive archeological evidence proves the existance of it happening during the Nubian invasion of the upper Nile?

I don't know, probably shitty high school memories.

makes sense

That's not really the African's fault though. Africa has terrible geography for trade logistics over long distances which is usually the precursor to the desire foe larger empire. I'm sure that there were some rulers who wanted to establish a wider sphere of influence and activity but the initial hurdle was just too high for them to attempt before gibing up and being contented with kang status at home.

Can someone explain to me why White people here are so obsessed with Sub-Saharan Africans and to overrate their history by trying to overblow any basic accomplishment they had?

aksum was once listed as the third most powerful empire in the world by a roman
WE

Kind of interesting. They came together in a sort of jihad against the Hausa states and replaced a bunch of them, and did some work to be more Islamic. However the place seemed to be super decentralized, with like 20 little emirs existing under the central government. When the Brits came around, Sokoto was absorbed by them into Nigeria and the Caliph was allowed to stick around and keep his title. The Fulani people (the ones who went on jihad in the first place) have some sort of cultural memory of this, so they're ripe for extremism. So it's unlike many other pre-colonial empires in that it has some actual modern significance.

>being that retard
youtube.com/watch?v=quzjmZ-7s6w