BEHOLD

A man!

GET OUT OF MY LECTURE!

Fuckin roasties why are they so shit

that's a dinosaur

the absolute madman

I don't buy it.
Obviously men have long flat fingernails.

Poor plato he was just tring to teach his class.

What did he mean by this?

awww it's so cute

>When Plato gave Socrates's definition of man as "featherless bipeds" and was much praised for the definition, Diogenes plucked a chicken and brought it into Plato's Academy, saying, "Behold! I've brought you a man." After this incident, "with broad flat nails" was added to Plato's definition.

Plato and Socrates are such edgelords, what a bunch of fucking losers

>Diogenes
truly our (spiritual? Memetic?) ancestor.

One of my favourite other Diogenes moments:
>kid of well known hooker
>throwing stones at crowd for lulz
>no one able to control him
>Diogenes shouts: "cut that out kid you might accidentally hit your father"
>fuckinrekt.jpg

He truly is our memetic ancestor

the proverbial joker

They evolved to suck chad's dick, everything else is irrelevant.

Imagine being Plato in that lecture and having to be all like "damn, Diogenes, you fuckin' smart, all wise with your cynicism and horrific dog like behaviour. I would totally debate you, both my pure soul and my human body." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 8 year old in his bedroom. Like seriously imagine having to be Plato and not only sit in that klismos while Diogenes flaunts those disgusting chicken wings in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing its plucked skin, and just sit there, lecture after lecture, hour after hour, while he perfected that criticism. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking philosophy but his haughty attitude as everyone of his followers tells him he's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, A FEATHERLESS BIPED LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day.

Anyone want to finnish the rest?

Behold! A coelurosaur!

Diogenes has a long history of fucking with Plato:
>Plato & Diogenes talking about the concepts of things
>Plato says that before any object existed, the concept of the object preceded it
>for example, before the cup in front of them was made, it's 'cupiness' preceded it
>Diogenes says it sounds like a crock of shit, Plato just says he's stupid
>then Diogenes said that since the cup was empty, how did the concept of emptiness originate?
>before Plato could answer, Diogenes reached over and tapped Plato's head
>"Found it"

Funny guy

Beautiful. I like the one where he was at an archery competition, and the competitor was so bad that he got up and sat by the target because he "felt more safe"

I fucking want a saturday morning cartoon about Dioginese fucking with Plato for shits and giggles. It'd be funny as fuck and also teach kids some basic concepts of western philosophy and ancient Greek history.

>tfw just starting to read about Diogenes and his exploits

Was this man the original Bantz Master? He would just fuck with Plato and other philosophers all the time

Literally me.

where they actually friends? or people pit thema gainst each other whenever they found them?

They were more like Squilliam and Squidward or Professor Farnsworth and Wormstrom

Mostly enemies with a hint of >no homo

It'd teach kids to be annoying wise-asses like Diogenes.

Most of the Diogenes stories are probably bullshit stories made up to give the common people a way of ridiculing philosiophers they were far too pleb to understand.

Thanks for the explanation
Based Diogenes working the philosophers into a shoot

Okay Plato

I didn't know I was in a YLYL thread

Thats not a bad idea actually.
Why nobody thought about this yet?