Who were the greatest swordsmen/warriors in all of history?

Who were the greatest swordsmen/warriors in all of history?

I've been watching too much GoT lately famalam. Samuraifags not encouraged, but still tolerated.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_McBane
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mighty Zulus for sure.

Anakin Skywalker

fuck you both desu

Battousai

Khan Noonien Singh

Heruclos is strongest.

Matt Easton

A guy with a really long sword

@3044854
@3044856
@3044875
@3044877
@3044895
please answer my question

Wow

Sailors

Legate Lanius

>being this new

What did you expect? How are we to quantify who the best swordsman in history is?

You must be 18 to browse this website.

Fiore dei Liberi
Johannes Lichtenauer
Joachim Meyer
Paulus Hector Mair
Achille Marozzo
Antonio Manciolino
George Silver
Nicoletto Giganti
And several others

This guy also seemed kinda badass. Supposedly he held a bridge by himself for a while.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard

@3044902
@3044911
@3044921
There will be NO (You)s until I start getting answers.

>thinking im a newfag
>not realizing im just asking for my thread to be bumped

kys
all three of you

This is pretty neat user.

I just want to hear about the ones who were famous enough to be remebered by history.

thanks user :+)

Santiago Matamoros

>Musashi, as he was often simply known, became renowned through stories of his excellent and unique double-bladed swordsmanship and undefeated record in his 60 duels.

> Baba Deep Singh
Baba Deep Singh in the course of battle was beheaded but has vowed to die in the precincts of the Golden Temple. He kept his promise by continuing after picking up his head and carrying it on his palm, whilst continuing to fight.

Galvarino was a famous Mapuche warrior during the majority of the early part of the Arauco War. He fought and was taken a prisoner and condemned to amputation of both hands cut off.
When returning to the Mapuche he appeared before Caupolicán and the council of war, showing them his mutilations, crying out for justice. For his bravery, he was named by the council to command a squadron. With knives fastened on both mutilated wrists replacing his hands, he fought next to Caupolicán in the following campaign with until the Battle of Millarapue where his squadron fought against that of Governor Mendoza himself where he was able to strike down the number two in command, Eric Demand.

> Khutulun insisted that any man who wished to marry her must defeat her in wrestling. Winning horses from competitions of would-be suitors, it is said that she gathered a herd numbering the ten thousand.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_McBane
This doesn't really go very in depth unfortunately. I read a book called By the Sword a long time ago, which had a brief aside about him in it that stuck with me.

This

I've heard Mameluks were the best swordsmen of their time. Especially in the 19th century when they were recruited in Napoleon's army.

With a fucking stick.