Friendly reminder to not argue with Americans

Friendly reminder to not argue with Americans.
>In honor of America’s Independence Day, NPR tweeted the entire Declaration of Independence, in 140-character chunks. Parts of which, in case you’ve forgotten from high-school history class, remind the citizenry of its rights to alter and abolish any government that strays from the values and morals on which the country was founded. If you had forgotten learning this, don’t feel bad. You’re not alone. Plenty of people on Twitter seemed to think NPR was trying to incite a rebellion against the current administration, rather than just tweeting out an extremely apropos and historic document.

nymag.com/selectall/2017/07/trump-twitter-mad-about-declaration-of-independence-tweets.html?utm_campaign=nym&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

but they are so fucking stupid, why do they exist, how do they not drown in their own saliva

American here.

They all voted Trump. That's why. The smart ones at least knew the beginning. The dumb ones saw "Revolution" and "Tyrant" and "Head of civilization" and immediately thought the commies sleepers had finally risen up against Trump.

Our media had delegitimized half of the countries political identity, resulting in no party having any legitimacy. Combine that with our two party system and worship of Reagan, who was a dog shit President who started all this nonsense, now we have 2 generations of "the government is evil. The government is charge of schools. Schools are evil." and Christian-right stupidity.

There are tons of Americans, and they all have computers.
This is bound to happen.
You have about the same percent of idiots in your country, I'm certain, ours are just more visible.
It's on both sides of the lane. This one was just a showing of the right-wing ones.
What can we do? Eugenics? Better education wouldn't help much, dumb people don't want to learn, and won't retain it.
Thanks for yet another generic anti-American thread.

I believe I mentioned how both sides rendered the whole mess moot and laughable.

We need to overhaul our election system to get as far away as possible from a two party system.

Then we overhaul our education to where it's not a relic of 1960 Cold War policy.

Then we truly remove religion from government. Reagan created the Christian-Right, and they singled handed have done more to ruin this county than any other element. They hate public, secular schooling, and a disdain for fact outside of dogma. Giantforte (MT Rep who choke slammed a reporter) said the Bible didn't have retirement so nobody should. Climate change and evolution are questioned because the Bible didn't mention it.

It's Amendment 1 that says we will establish no religion but its comparable to Sharia-lite. It's a travesty.

I really hate "evangelicals fundimentalist christians" because they don't fucking understand the bible at all.

they'll read it, they'll memorize parts of it, but they don't know or care about the history of the bible and how it was written.

This.

And naturally, when I advocate for secular government they come out and say that Stalin outlawed religion and how pursecuted Christians are. I fucking hate fundies. I can't quote your shitty book but I know who wrote it.

Stalin actually supported religion and stood against both the retarded secularism you're preaching and western cucktheology that advocates for bringing in spics.

>Stalin supported religion

>and they keep going

there should a board for you to talk about all things american: ideology, racism, religion

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_Soviet_Union

>"Thus the USSR became the first state to have as one objective of its official ideology the elimination of existing religion, and the prevention of future implanting of religious belief, with the goal of establishing state atheism (gosateizm)."

Read a book Satan, and stop listening to McCarthy rants.

Go back to the Middle Ages, a paradise where state and church were the same

I would if you would let the rest of the world run their own countries instead of enforcing Americanism world-wide via CIA and US military when that fails. Stick to your borders and we won't have a problem. They're too large as it is.

>The Nazi attack on the Soviet Union in 1941 induced Stalin to enlist the Russian Orthodox Church as an ally to arouse Russian patriotism against foreign aggression. Russian Orthodox religious life experienced a revival: thousands of churches were reopened; there were 22,000 by the time Nikita Khrushchev came to power. The regime permitted religious publications, and church membership grew.

How about you read the article you quoted.

Who are you arguing with? I'm the user who disproved that retard who said Stalin wanted religion. I advocate for a US that's not world cop.

I'm a bit more complex than a straw man.

And everyone lived happily ever after the war was won? No pogroms or harassment or anything? The Soviet Union only existed between 1941 and 1945?

How about you read a fucking book.

A should clarify, fundies draw stupid parallels between a secular state and state atheism. They are not the same.

Frankly, state atheism is just as bad a state religion.

Did NPR include the part where Jefferson calls the Native America savages?

>Plenty of people on Twitter seemed to think NPR was trying to incite a rebellion against the current administration, rather than just tweeting out an extremely apropos and historic document

>implying they weren't doing both

Pretty sure the Liberal Left in America does want the President dead.

I mean, everyone from Hollywood actors to journalists are literally talking about his hypothetical assassination in public.

How is that different to the shit people were throwing at Obama and Bush? It doesn't help that Trump constantly do stuff to spite and annoy them anyway