How did Egypt become Arab, but Iran didn't?

How did Egypt become Arab, but Iran didn't?

They feared the Persian warrior.

Egyptian is closely related to Arabic, Persian isn't. Also Egyptians do not consider themselves to be Arabic, they call themselves Misri which is an ancient term for their country.

To put it simply, Egypt was ruled by foreigners for the better part of their history -- the Persians, Greeks, and Romans ruled Egypt for centuries. They thus lacked a sense of national identity, unlike Iran, which briefly fell to the Macedonians, only to be ruled by indigenous Iranians for nearly 1000 years. Their culture was thus deeply rooted and managed to survive whatever onslaughts were thrown their way.

I'm by no means an expert on the matter, but I think this is largely correct. Areas that already were speaking an Afro-Asiatic language assimilated more readily into Arabic culture.

Bullshit they consider themselves to be arabic just like Syrians and Lebaneses see themselves as souri and lebnani

None of those people considers themselves to be Arabs, you are a moron as well as a liar.

Egypt was already hellenised/byzantined prior to the Muslim invasion, and so are pretty much all of ME, except for Persians

The cultural transition from Aramaic speaking ME Christian population to Islam is smoother because both culture share the same root, infact Islam was at first regarded as Christian sect when it came to the Levant, the Persians didn't share this cultural link with other ME, either linguistically or religiously

Egyptians are already semetic

Christians were being overtaxed and persecuted by the orthodox Greeks

Arabs were welcomed

No they're not. Egyptian is a distinct branch of Afro-Asiatic. That's like calling Celts "Slavic"

Because Persians were already serving in the early Rashidun Caliphate with notable numbers of the low level nobles and Aztan from the Savaran helping topple the Sassanid dynasty. Also the need to use Persian delegates, administrators, and bureaucrats was high and there were ultimately over 40 million Iranians where as Egypt had a much smaller population.

This is overstated if not false.

In several cases, both the eastern Christians and Zoroastrians thought the world was ending.

Modern egyptians are nubian, thus african and not arab.

>Syrian ARAB Republic a member of the ARAB league that speaks ARABIC and whose army is the Syrian ARAB army is not Arabic

Arabization was a result of Umayyad bureaucratic elites growing up in Arab households as slaves and servants, claiming tenuous Arab descent to secure noble titles and privileges, and a desire to distinguish themselves from the masses as a unique, Imperial culture.

Iran however was ruled by Arab settlers who intermarried with Persian aristocracies, and so adopted existing Persian culture and bureaucracy and didn't feel like segregating themselves culturally as they were more politically isolated from the rest of the Arab colonies under Umayyad control. When the Abbasids revolted, they brought with them their Iranian courtly culture, but by then Arabization was no longer necessary as one could now be counted as part of the bureaucratic elite by just being Muslim in general without an Arab genealogy.

Thanks for proving you have no clue what you're talking about, you dumb faggot. Now fuck off back to the kiddie pool.

I can tell you're a white faggot who reads the buttmad ragings of some Assyrian disapora kid and thinks it applies to the average person.

They are Arab. Stay mad

Jew.

kike

Yes you are.

persians are more arab than levantines, magrebis and Egyptians yet they all consider themselves arab

iranians are aryans

The Aramaic speakers of the levant and the Copts faced the migration of Arab tribes to their lands who became the ruling elite and established Arabic Islamic schools. Arabic replaced Greek as the language of commerce in the region. In Persia converted muslim Persians remained the elite under Umayyad and Abbasid rule and there were even some persian satrapies. Arabic became a language of secondary importance. When the Turks took over Persia they were persianized and persian became the primary language of the government.

>they call themselves Misri
Which is synonymous with Arabic...

Iran didn't use pictures for ants

>Egyptians are
he was talking about the people, the ethnicity

Forms of Misr are the common Semitic term for Egypt. -i is an Arabic suffix.

this

>Became the United Arab Republic for a bit
>Not Arab

>Also Egyptians do not consider themselves to be Arabic,
Yes they do, they're proudly Arab unless you're talking about Copts.

Source?

Arabs be like, "fuck the Copts!"
I'm sorry, I've been holding in a joke like that for about 15 years